what is the best time to Bermuda

tobecool

we want to sail to Bermuder sometime. I noticed that's only between Apr to Oct. Wondering when is the best time to there. Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

:cool:Booked for May 28th this year. Went once before May 12th. Weather was nice, but water was a little chilly. Would imagine ideal time between June and mid-July, just prior to hurricane season:cool:

We've cruised to Bermuda twice on a competitor cruise line, both times in May. It's a beautiful island, lots of things to see and do ... we relaxed, swam, shopped, and just enjoyed the entire experience, including using the ship as our "floating hotel" ... would do that sort of cruise again in a minute.

Michael and Silke

We've cruised to Bermuda twice on a competitor cruise line, both times in May. It's a beautiful island, lots of things to see and do ... we relaxed, swam, shopped, and just enjoyed the entire experience, including using the ship as our "floating hotel" ... would do that sort of cruise again in a minute.

Michael and Silke

just wondering if it's a little bit cold in May? But also worry about hurricane season.

just wondering if it's a little bit cold in May? But also worry about hurricane season.

It could be. We've been there over Memorial Day weekend and it was cold and drizzly. When I ran into a friend who lives in Bermuda a month later she told me that was the only rain they'd had for many weeks before and after, so you don't know. I like the weather there in early September best (assuming there are no hurricanes).

Yes, there is always that worry with Bermuda. With that said, Sept. and early Oct are beautiful. Water is warm, low humidity. ;)

Yes, there is always that worry with Bermuda. With that said, Sept. and early Oct are beautiful. Water is warm, low humidity. ;)

My wife and I were lucky on our two May Bermuda cruises ... sunny, warm (not overly hot), just overall gorgeous weather. Always possible a future May to Bermuda could have lousy weather, but that possibility wouldn't stop us from booking.

Michael

We've been to Bermuda in mid- to late-May and found the weather to be delightful. We've also been to Bermuda in August...it was incredibly hot and horribly humid. Much prefer the May time frame. Plus, May 24th is Bermuda day...and my birthday...they had a fabulous parade and party for me that day. (At least I assumed it was for me!);)

All our cruises have been in late Sept. to mid Oct. Never gave hurricane season a second thought and we are living proof it's possible to come through unscathed.:D Now that TORNADO that blew through the last time we were there gave us pause.;)

Joanna:

Just remember that Bermuda is not in the Caribbean; it's off the Carolinas coast. May is great because the likelihood of a hurricane is greatly reduced. Have also gone in August (hotter and more humid) and risked a hurricane.

Bermuda is wonderful; use the bus and ferry systems; get you everywhere you want to go. A good way to see the islands is the use a local taxi (believe the 'official' guides might still have a blue flag on cab). We engaged a driver and split our tour into two portions with lunch in between on the ship. Very personal way to see the island on your first day; head out on your own (bus/ferry) on subsequent days.:)

I don't recommend the RCCL 5 night cruise out of Baltimore; not enough time in Bermuda.

we have been there 5 times.. a couple times the beginning of June and a couple of times the beginning of July...in June..warm enough to swim, but not too hot...July...very hot and the water was like bathwater...I liked it, but, too hot for dh..water too warm for dh...guess we'll stick with June..but, would go any month and any day...:rolleyes:

we want to sail to Bermuder sometime. I noticed that's only between Apr to Oct. Wondering when is the best time to there. Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

We went last year in May and it was wonderful. Nice and warm but not too too hot. The water was about 70 degrees but just fantastic! We snorkeled all day both days we were in port.

I second NOT taking RCCL 5 day cruise. That would be a waste of $ in my opinion. Only one day in Bermuda is most definitely NOT ENOUGH time! Last year Celebrity was there for only 2 days and I thought that wasnt enough time either. So happy they increased it to 3 full days in Bermuda! So excited to get back!!

The average air temperature for October is 81°; the average inshore sea temperature is 77°. The relative humidity is 73% and the average number of rain days is 13. When I visited in October, I would have called it very warm and humid and had a very brief shower, no more than 10 minutes.

SBtS

The average air temperature for October is 81°; the average inshore sea temperature is 77°. The relative humidity is 73% and the average number of rain days is 13. When I visited in October, I would have called it very warm and humid and had a very brief shower, no more than 10 minutes.

SBtS

Thanks!

We are going on the five nighter out of Baltimore (our "starter" cruise) and we are totally excited about it. We weren't sure we could handle more than five nights to start with.

What is the weather like in late October for Bermuda?

The water starts to become chillier in late October. Many in our party felt it was too cold to swim comfortably. Our favorite time of year to visit Bermuda would be after Labor Day through mid October. April through mid May the water is too cold for comfortable swimming.

We go in early June usually... it's a bit warmer altogether but not near as "deadly" as the heat in the Caribbean can be.

If you're used to the cooler waters off mid-Atlantic/New England anyway instead of the "bath water" that the ocean is off our coast then it's all relative anyway....

SBtS

i hope i get this kind of weather when i sail to bermuda at the end of September

Archived