Did NOT get my FCCs while on board - this new process is a mess

califgary

I think it is a Sapphire issue as I have not heard this issue on any other ship.

Thankfully, my future cruise credits showed up quickly on my account (and email also) within a day or so. Others have posted problems on the Sapphire.

There was a big problem with FCC's on the Emerald in November too. We purchased 4 FCC's and promptly got our confirmations delivered to our cabin for 8 FCC's. After going to speak to her in person to correct the problem, we then got a confirmation for another 8 FCC's! So, you can imagine I was not too happy to find out that $1600 worth had been charged to my credit card. It took a couple of weeks to get corporate to finally get everything cleared up.

We heard from several people aboard the ship during our 10 days and the following 10 days that they had several problems with their FCC's.

Oh well, at least it finally got cleared up. I still will purchase more FCC's on my next cruise. They are well worth the effort, and there usually is never an issue.

Avalong - when was this? I was on Dec/January (got off the 5th) cruise and they clearly indicated that we would get an email confirmation, not a paper confirmation. I did get an email confirmation but not a paper confirmation.

Did they change back to a paper confirmation?

Coral,

I was off the Sapphire on Jan. 29th. On the form I indicated I wanted a paper confirmation delivered to my cabin rather than an e-mail. And that's what I got. Someone else on this thread was on the Jan. 15th cruise and was told the same thing you were -- no paper confirmations. I don't know what to tell you! :rolleyes:

Well, you should have received it within a day or two. That's been the case every other time I've paid for a FCC. The problem with receiving it the last day is if you have any questions or it's not correct, you don't have time to correct it.

OK, now I'm paranoid. I'm going to have to go pull out that paperwork as I only gave it a cursory glance at the time. I'm a newbie at purchasing FCC's and just assumed the personnel on the Sapphire knew what they were doing. Silly me.

Coral,

I was off the Sapphire on Jan. 29th. On the form I indicated I wanted a paper confirmation delivered to my cabin rather than an e-mail. And that's what I got. Someone else on this thread was on the Jan. 15th cruise and was told the same thing you were -- no paper confirmations. I don't know what to tell you! :rolleyes:

Thanks. Glad it at least worked out for both of us!

We had same problem last week. When Brian was not available first two sea days filled out form and dropped in box. When no confirmation received, visited Brian on last sea day and was advised he was behind, recognized our names, and would process. No email received, no paper confirmation received in cabin, no credit card charge posted before disembarkation. Elaborated on issue in online survey received and will be following up with phone call. Brian wasn't the most personable individual and wonder if in wrong job as didn't seem to enjoy dealing with public (as witnessed while waiting to speak to him).

You all need to contact Princess ASAP. You can telephone, or an email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com will get a telephone reply from them as well. If you use email (as I did to have a record of the message) you will get an immediate, automated response. In my case, the follow-up call came in two days. Even though it was over a month and a half since our cruise, they took care of it immediately, and I had email confirmations of my FCCs in my box within minutes.

Princess does care about this, and is doing their best to correct the matter after the fact. What they need to do is correct it at the source so things get done properly the first time.

Been reading this thread with great interest ... seems like the bulk of the problems are occurring on the Sapphire. As mentioned earlier, Princess really needs to be advised of this poor onboard performance. Maybe this consultant needs to be called back to home office for retraining ... or, with the economy being what it is with such high unemployment, perhaps Princess could find a suitable replacement willing and able to perform in accord with the job description.

I spoke with Princess today and the representative on the phone said that I did have a FCC coming..and it would be processed on Feb. 23 through their billing dept. I placed my FCC request in the box on the Sapphire Princess on Thursday AM Feb 17 which should have given Brian enough time to process I would think..unless he was inundated with requests..but, what is the matter with someone else helping him if this was so? And yes to the person who wrote about his personality..not a good fit for a sales person who was not particularly communicative when asked questions about other Princess ships and cruises.

Been thinking...when we went to the Elite wine tasting event there was mention that Sapphire was a training ship..maybe because it is close to home of Princess Cruises?
This is the first I've heard of the Sapphire being a training ship. If that's the case, it's bad news. I've been on cruises where training was being done and the person training was top notch and watching carefully to make sure everything was being done correctly. The onboard activities were creative and fun for all ages and all of the staff were attentive and doing their jobs thoroughly and efficiently. (Chris Nichols was doing the training in case anyone remembers him. He's now in corporate from what I understand.)

I bought some on the Emerald last week. As it was later in the cruise we ticked the box for e-mail confirmation. Have not received an e-mail but its in the personalizer. Initially checked our on board account and no charge. we were then informed that they bill the Credit Card directly. Last year it was on my on my on board account. Don't know why they keep fiddling with the process!

Just got off phone with Princess. Agent who helped me checked with a supervisor and was advised "there were problems with FCCs on Sapphire last week". He advised the person who handles was out today (as a holiday) but would be back tomorrow. He transferred me to her voice mail and I left a message. He advised she would call me back this week.

It sounds like this is mostly a Sapphire problem, but it certainly shouldn't be happening on any ship. Hopefully someone in corporate is listening and will remedy the situation and make a much needed personnel change sooner rather than later. I wonder whether systemic problems like this get bumped up to an executive level or it is simply left to the Princess phone rep to resolve?

Had the same problem with Brian on the Sapphire in December...fortunately I realized that I hadn't got an email from him and went and saw him. Got the usual excuse...overworked and computer glitch but it did turn up later that day. There is a problem there somewhere.

I'm glad the OP apprised us of this, especially since I plan on buying

some FCC's on the Sapphire next month. Usually my practice is to

fill out the form on the last day, but this time I will fill out the form

on day one, and then I plan to check MY PRINCESS each and every

day while on the ship since logging into the Princess site is free anyway.

We have been home now 3 days and still have nada!

Just got off phone with Princess. Agent who helped me checked with a supervisor and was advised "there were problems with FCCs on Sapphire last week". He advised the person who handles was out today (as a holiday) but would be back tomorrow. He transferred me to her voice mail and I left a message. He advised she would call me back this week.

Just to be a squeaky wheel I just called again and got the same message - i got passed over to Crysti's voice mail who handles such things (but is off today). The more she hears about any issues hopefully the quicker the problem will be resolved.

I was just on the Sapphire Princess and submitted my FCC request on day 1 of the cruise because Ive heard of such a mess with how Princess is doing the FCC process. Now home (a great cruise) with no email confirmation, No $200 charge to my bill, no FCCs in my princess account.

Princess is really falling down on the job regarding this process -

My DH and I experienced the same problem too. We didn't receive anything from Brian before we got off the ship. Luckily it showed up in our accounts today. Hopefully your FCC will show up soon!!

I too was on the 02/12/11 thru 02/19/11 Sapphire cruise.I e-mail Princess this morning about this problem.

If you can, call Princess and ask them to transfer you to Crystie's voice mail box - she is the person in charge of this kind of problem - The more she is aware the faster we might all get results!

Not just a Sapphire issue - we didn't get credited from our November Ruby cruise. After about three calls, we found out that it got put on another couple's account with the same last name as us.

Our next cruise is actually on the Sapphire!!!

Archived