Hawaii Dates Are Out

Cricket63

Has it been announced if they will go from HI to San Diego first or just directly to Australia from HI?

I am assuming it will go from Hawaii to Australia. Carnival announced it would be sailing from Aussie in October 2012 so the dates would fit.

I like that Carnival is offering a round trip to Hawaii. I did the one way last April and I would only do a round trip in the future.

We are on the RT trip next April. I can't wait for it. I am as excited for the sea days as I am for Hawaii.

My High Schooler would love to do Hawaii or a long cruise but they don't seem to do them when most people could travel. They seem to be only offered when retired people can do them. Or people with unbusy kids.

For Hawaii, it's not necessarily the retired people issue. The Spirit has a lot of routes. It spends the summers doing Alaska routes and then heads down to California and some routes to Hawaii over the colder months. Now it will be going to Australia for some of the winter so it will make things even more complicated. If your high schooler wants a longer cruise during the summer months you either have to go BTB or else head to Europe.

September 18, 2012 12 Days From Vancouver, BC, Canada on the Spirit

January 19, 2013 15 Days R/T Los Angeles, CA on the Splendor

This is interesting in 2013, Hawaii on the Splendor. I wonder if the Splendor is taking over the Spirits route and another ship will be put in the Splendors spot?

I like that Carnival is offering a round trip to Hawaii. I did the one way last April and I would only do a round trip in the future.

I am currently booked for the round trip out of San Diego to Hawaii, for April 2012. I also did the 1 way to Hawaii, in April of 2007.

And I agree 100%. They couldn't PAY ME, to ever do that again. It wasn't the cruise itself, that was fantastic, but the Embarkation from H*** that did it.

I am currently booked for the round trip out of San Diego to Hawaii, for April 2012. I also did the 1 way to Hawaii, in April of 2007.

And I agree 100%. They couldn't PAY ME, to ever do that again. It wasn't the cruise itself, that was fantastic, but the Embarkation from H*** that did it.

I assume it was Ensenada to Hawaii :eek:

We've done Hawaii to Ensenada a couple of times and loved it. The bus ride to S.D. wasn't a highlight, but it wasn't too bad.

We really like the R/T --- We're looking for one in the fall of 2012

I am booked on the Apr 2012 RT, but I may book this as a B2B to Australia.

Just waiting for the Hawaii to Sydney to come out.

Hey Deb,

We're definetly interested in the Honnors to Oz cruise but also considering an Oz or NZ cruise upon arrival. Now that would be a great B2B.

Why is that?

I did the San Diego via bus to Ensenada to Hawaii route. Sea days were great for relaxing. But then you have all the port days then your vacation is over. And then you have to fly back from HNL to Minneapolis in my case.

So I didn't like flying all that way back (we are in the cheap seats) plus having all the relaxation up front then non stop ports then done wasn't ideal. Going in April worked better than Sept so that is why I didn't choose to do the reverse itinerary. But still would have had to fly out there.

Round trip with all the seas days up front, all the activity of the ports, then all the sea days at the end sounds great! Plus less time sitting in a tiny seat on an airplane. :)

I considered doing a R/T on Princess but I was able to get an aft wrap suite for just a little more than a balcony would have been on Princess (per day amount) plus it had more port stops.

OH yeah...I've mentally blocked out the part about the embarkation. Wasn't THAT bad until we beat the ship to Ensenada. Then it went downhill pretty quickly after that.

I did the San Diego via bus to Ensenada to Hawaii route. Sea days were great for relaxing. But then you have all the port days then your vacation is over. And then you have to fly back from HNL to Minneapolis in my case.

So I didn't like flying all that way back (we are in the cheap seats) plus having all the relaxation up front then non stop ports then done wasn't ideal. Going in April worked better than Sept so that is why I didn't choose to do the reverse itinerary. But still would have had to fly out there.

Round trip with all the seas days up front, all the activity of the ports, then all the sea days at the end sounds great! Plus less time sitting in a tiny seat on an airplane. :)

I considered doing a R/T on Princess but I was able to get an aft wrap suite for just a little more than a balcony would have been on Princess (per day amount) plus it had more port stops.

Thanks for the info. :)

The Spirit normally only does Hawaii in April and Sept., while going to and from Alaska in the summer.

They did add a round trip from San Diego in 2012 in both Jan. and April.

But the Spirit is heading to Australia after it's 2012 Alaska season, and it looks like it's last Hawaii cruise will be Sept. 18 2012.

So the dates published for the Spirit in 2012 may be it. If you desire to go to Hawaii any other months, you may have to look at other cruise lines.

I was hoping to do a trip from ensenada to hawaii so we could spend some extra time in hawaii.. I looked into the April trip ... whats with the 3 hour stop in Ensenada? Id rather of spent 3 extra hours in Hawaii! I am hoping theyll do a Hawaii to Australia trip... RCI may have to become an option if more dont open up because Im looking to start planning next month after I get back from my cruise in 3 weeks :)

Archived