Lowest Sea Pass bill (Without OBC)...

What is the sense of cruising if you don't spend money and enjoy yourselves.

You make it sound like we have to spend money to enjoy ourselves. For us the cruise is plenty enjoyable as it is...we don't drink, we don't gamble, we don't eat at the specialty restaurants, we've been to the same ports enough times that we don't do any shore excursions...and somehow we always have a great time!:D

You make it sound like we have to spend money to enjoy ourselves. For us the cruise is plenty enjoyable as it is...we don't drink, we don't gamble, we don't eat at the specialty restaurants, we've been to the same ports enough times that we don't do any shore excursions...and somehow we always have a great time!:D

:cool:Not trying to put you down, just expressing my feelings. Sorry if I offended you. As long as you have fun:cool:

So far the least we have spent was $230.00, but we did have an additional OBC of $250.00 and this was just on our last cruise!! We love to have a bottle of wine with dinner. Even tho we can go to the CL and get our "free" drinks. Also like a sp rest. at least one night during our cruise. It's all part of our vacation!:) The most we have spent is posted on another forum!:o

:cool:Try the opposite here--5 Day to Bermuda in May. So far have reservations for 5 at Chops--$125. Flowers delivered to room---$55. Two trays of wine and cheese in cabin----around $96----five additional bottles of wine and champagne-----around $200. Bottle of Champagne and strawberries in daughter and husbands cabin----around $45. Still have to order wine package, 10 bottles for 5 people for five nights. Heck--I've spent $1000 and have not even got on board yet. What is the sense of cruising if you don't spend money and enjoy yourselves.:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN[/quo

I for one can have a great time without spending that kind of money!

:cool:Try the opposite here--5 Day to Bermuda in May. So far have reservations for 5 at Chops--$125. Flowers delivered to room---$55. Two trays of wine and cheese in cabin----around $96----five additional bottles of wine and champagne-----around $200. Bottle of Champagne and strawberries in daughter and husbands cabin----around $45. Still have to order wine package, 10 bottles for 5 people for five nights. Heck--I've spent $1000 and have not even got on board yet. What is the sense of cruising if you don't spend money and enjoy yourselves.:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN[/quo

I for one can have a great time without spending that kind of money!

:cool:To each his own Dave. Me I'm just doing my part to keep the costs down for the rest of you LOL--Happy Sailing Folks:cool:

How do we do it? Well, we do not eat in specialty restaurants, we don't buy pictures, and we don't drink alcohol or gamble... We are very satisfied with everything that is included, and do not feel deprived because we didn't buy into any extras.

Hear hear! Exactly how we feel as well. It's incredibly easy not to spend a copious amount of "extra" money on a cruise.

how in the world do you get onboard credit, especially in the amount of $540????

It was a 5 night cruise that was a redeployment - Mariner of the Seas Jan 16 was canceled. They allowed a change to Radiance of the Seas Jan 17 for the $200 OBC offer.

Then they told me I had to pay the prevailing rate for the new cruise since it wasn't the cruise of their choosing for the redeployment - they suggested the cruise out of Galveston. :eek: Living in FL there was no reason for us to do a Caribbean cruise out of another state. I said fine, I'll pay the prevailing rate. That meant since it was booked pre May 17 it qualified for all price reductions up until time of sailing - there were a few reductions. :D $340 worth ($170 pp)

Gina

Not looking to penny pinch on vacation. We don't go on vacation to not spend money.

But we don't go just to spend it either. :D I have enough junk at home. I don't gamble. I like the dining room food.

Our biggest expense is generally in port eating something interesting that we can't get anywhere else.

If I need something dry-cleaned, I'll do that on the ship because it's cheaper than at home....OK, I'm penny pinching in this case. ;)

Gina

But we don't go just to spend it either. :D I have enough junk at home. I don't gamble. I like the dining room food.

Our biggest expense is generally in port eating something interesting that we can't get anywhere else.

If I need something dry-cleaned, I'll do that on the ship because it's cheaper than at home....OK, I'm penny pinching in this case. ;)

Gina

I agree we don't go just to spend either but if we decide to do something we don't look at dollars and cents unless of course it is some sky high amount.

We don't gamble and like you we enjoy eating some local dishes.

As for drinking the CL sure helps with keeping the bill lower.:D

I agree we don't go just to spend either but if we decide to do something we don't look at dollars and cents unless of course it is some sky high amount.

We don't gamble and like you we enjoy eating some local dishes.

As for drinking the CL sure helps with keeping the bill lower.:D

You said it...I only thought it. :o :p

Gina

I usually only spend about $50 to $100 onboard. That's usually for pictures (I'm a sucker, what can I say??) and on the last cruise, we did a specialty restaurant. BUT... I am allergic to alcohol (no bar bill) and am diabetic (no Ben and Jerry's). So, I think it's almost like I'm cheating. ;)

I try not to penny pinch either. My wife and I do drink so that usually is the killer. I have been on 7 days, 5 days, and 4 days and I usually spend $125 per day for two. We are going on a 4 day cruise soon I expect to spend around $500.00.

I usually only spend about $50 to $100 onboard. That's usually for pictures (I'm a sucker, what can I say??) and on the last cruise, we did a specialty restaurant. BUT... I am allergic to alcohol (no bar bill) and am diabetic (no Ben and Jerry's). So, I think it's almost like I'm cheating. ;)

doesnt Ben and Jerry have a diabetic ice cream?? i am sure i have seen that... but maybe not on the cruise ship... :(

I have no idea what my bils have been, but not that much. We buy the Platinum wine package and that is all we drink really. Usually do one speciality dining, but wouldn't miss it if we didn't. Not big on drinking through the day and never gamble. Went to Las Vegas and didn't even think to gamble until we were about to leave. Put a $ in a slot machine and came away with about $12 I think. The guy must have wonderred why I was cashing in with such a small amount.

Our kids do spend much more, but it is theri money not mine. Usually arcade games, but they like the lemonade so no coke package needed.

Don't think it is about depriving ourselevs we spend what we want, we just don't want much!

I think the prize for the lowest SeaPass bill is handed out along with the prize for who can bring the least amount of luggage!!

I'm NOT interested in participating in either !!! :D :D

I think the prize for the lowest SeaPass bill is handed out along with the prize for who can bring the least amount of luggage!!

I'm NOT interested in participating in either !!! :D :D

LOL--I know a couple that did a 10 day cruise with only a small carryon each!!:eek: Than I also know a lady that has a carryon for just her shoes!:rolleyes:

doesnt Ben and Jerry have a diabetic ice cream?? i am sure i have seen that... but maybe not on the cruise ship... :(

If they do have sugar-free ice cream... our bill just went WAY up. :D

LOL--I know a couple that did a 10 day cruise with only a small carryon each!!:eek: Than I also know a lady that has a carryon for just her shoes!:rolleyes:

You mean not everyone has a shoe bag? It goes along with my purse bag. They're both roughly the size of Antarctica.

Archived