Here's how to get a robe in your cabin

Hootsie

I'm sure they are in the suites but for regular cabins, here's how you can get a robe for each person.

Sign into your Cruise Personalizer. On the right side you'll see "Update Onboard Preferences". Click on that then, you'll see where you can request a robe. Be sure to do it for each person in the cabin.

Sorry if everyone knew this already. I just found it today while printing out my luggage tags and finalizing our trip.

Hopefully it can help someone!

That is the way it should work, however, it does not. Very seldom do we see what is selected in our personalizer. It is like the ship never gets this info. Really wonder if they ever see any of this on board?

Then just leave them in the closet. I guess I'm just used to them in the hotels we stay at during our travels.

But then they'd have to wash them all...what a waste that would be, in terms of time, money, and having them wear out faster. Although I don't know much about the "washing", I've heard it's a chemical process, not water and detergent...would that have an environmentat impact (I don't know if the chemicals get reused, and if so, how many times)?

Also, if they were available in every closet, they'd have to have more of them onboard, another huge expense.

If I really want one, I don't see the problem of requesting it once on board. (I say on board, because I have certainly noticed that what gets put in the personalizer doesn't necessarily magically appear!)

The option to choose robes is not available on the UK personalizer, as far as I can see. The same goes for mattress toppers.

In the US, I fax a request for a mattress topper & cannot do it through the Cruise Personalizer. Even with this it's not always provided most likely due to the hectic change over day schedule for cabin stewards. Sometimes it shows when printing the summary but not always.

This probably seems a bit stupid - so you don't have to pay for the robes?? our previous cruise you got them in your room but if you used you had to pay for them (new) and got to keep them.

So obviously by the comments about them being almost worn out I presume they are free and you just leave them.

Dont get to excited about the robe-Just off the Crown- They used to have fairly nice robes. I think that was part of the "cruise experience" getting up in the AM putting on your robe-getting room service coffee and going out on the balcony. The robes they have now are a cheap thin waffle robe- We requested two-the steward brought them. we used them once and hung them up and they stayed there the rest of the cruise.

I always get a robe, they really come in handy for MUTS :) grab a pillow and put on the robe and your good to go :)

and like everyone else is saying just ask and they will bring them to you, a few extra 5$

We had Vichi on Caribbean and asked for extra pool towels and he left additional 4 in our cabin every day.

We have necer had a "worn out" robe or "worn out" towels in our cabin in 30 cruises with princess. If you do experience this problem the best way to handle it is speak to the hotel manager immediately to get it resolved. Don't wait till the cruise is over and complain on Cruise Critic - it will not correct the problem.

I was just aboard the Ruby. No robe in my cabin (even though I had optimistically filled the form in on the personalizer). But my steward had a big fluffy one there in minutes after i asked---and I was not in a fancy cabin--just an OV!

Hi, is this just for the suites? I have just tried to request a robe but there is nowhere to request one, only medical requirements etc. Thanks

Hi Pat. There are lots of things on the US Princess site that we Brits can't see, like Captain's Circle savings, Future Cruise Credits etc. I wish they would get their act together!

We have necer had a "worn out" robe or "worn out" towels in our cabin in 30 cruises with princess. If you do experience this problem the best way to handle it is speak to the hotel manager immediately to get it resolved. Don't wait till the cruise is over and complain on Cruise Critic - it will not correct the problem.

Our last two cruises on Ruby and Golden the towels were pitiful! Like the poster above said, my "rags" at home are in better shape. I did comment on it post cruise. I didn't bother during the cruise because it wasn't bad enough to warrant interrupting my vacation to track down the hotel manager, and since ALL the towels were threadbare, I didn't think they would go out and purchase new ones just for me!

Complaining about a towel on CC is no different than complaining about chair hogs, dress code, smoking policy, food or any of the numerous other things that are complained about on a daily basis here on CC.:p Some things impact your cruise, and some things are just afterthoughts -- for me, this was an afterthought.

On our first meeting with our room steward on the first day of the cruise we request 2 bathrobes and a sharps container (my DH is a diabetic and takes shots daily so his needles go into the sharps container and we do not have to lug the used needles home). We have never had any problems or delays.

This probably seems a bit stupid - so you don't have to pay for the robes?? our previous cruise you got them in your room but if you used you had to pay for them (new) and got to keep them.

So obviously by the comments about them being almost worn out I presume they are free and you just leave them.

No charge to use them. As long as they don't end up in your suitcase.

On one cruise, they were in our closet. On two cruises we had to ask for them, but the second time, we had to wait until our cabin steward got them from the laundry. One of them had a blood stain that apparently the laundry didn't get rid of.:eek: On our last cruise, I did request them again in the CP, but they weren't in our closet and we didn't bother to ask for them.

We have always had to request them on embarkation day, even after

asking via the Cruise Personalizer. In the olden days they'd bring a

robe before the first nightly turndown. On subsequent cruises they

always make us wait until the 2nd day. I like my robe on day

one since I like to make good use of my balcony on the first morning

at sea.

After many cruises two things come to mind.

1. we board only a few hours after the ship returns to the port, and it takes time to wash the robes from the previous folks.

2. Simply ask your room steward when you meet him/her, make the request and by the time you head for supper you will have robes in your room.

Cool, we'll be sure to ask if we don't see it. Why they aren't just in every room to begin with. Oh well.

I guess because they don't have 5,800 of them on hand - and the 2,900 they used the last day have to be washed before the new passengers can get them.

We've run about 50/50 - we always put it in the Personalizer, and half the time they are there without asking. The cruise we just got off of on Monday we had to ask and we were told they were being washed - they showed up the next day. At 6'2" and 230 they are more like a hospital gown for me - but DW always uses hers - especially while waiting for room service in the morning.

Why they aren't just in every room to begin with. Oh well.

Perhaps because they're still being laundered? There are only a couple of hours between when the previous guests disembark and the new ones get on, so it stands to reason that they might not all be ready.

Sometimes they're there, sometimes we have to ask, but we always get them in any category of cabin.

Archived