All things EARTH...

OMG Jane...What an unfortunate event. As my GGrandma and Grandma would say, "Bless your heart" for having to deal with such trying circumstances. I hope you are well on your way to recovery.

I kept getting compliments for being so "brave" to take the trip...but what other choice did we have? Trip was expensive & not refundable -- plus the docs thought it was safe and I REALLY needed a change of scenery 10 days after the wedding. I really did OK. IT was just a very different type of trip for me. It was a Yale & Stanford-sponsored trip "From Prague to Paris" with professors & lectures. 7 nights were on a riverboat on the Main & Rhine Rivers (from Nuremberg to Strassberg). The group then took the high speed train to Paris. Even though I didn't get off the boat to walk around the towns, I can't really complain. I stayed onboard in the beautiful lounge of the River Cloud II and had a cute, young German bartender refilling my ice packs and getting me drinks. I actually didn't drink much alcohol at all, even though I switched to Ibuprofen from narcotics after the 2nd day. I did have a little of the included local wines with lunch & dinner :). Sleeping was the hardest part. Bed was tiny & I had to sleep with L ankle elevated and R arm (with metal splint & cast) in sling...plus I tried to keep icepacks on. Still can't believe I survived that trip!

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

Good evening Ladies...Got a glass of wine? Or a latte? I bet this here is going to be a long post...hopefully not too boring...only one picture though. :o

So Mom asked me about this idea of "Not So Crazy 8s". She couldn't really locate the idea within the blog. This is for you Mom, and anyone else...

http://theviviennefiles.blogspot.com/2011/07/not-so-crazy-eights-camel.html

I think the above link is the first time that she talks about the concept, but she isn't quite the talker that I am, she uses the actual clothes themselves to convey the idea. Of course, this is from a business person's perspective...so her 8 items are very business-y:

1. Pants

2. Skirt

3. Jacket (so it looks like you are wearing a suit whenever you wear this jacket with either the pants or the skirt.)

4. Unstructured over layer like a cardigan sweater

5. Shirt - long sleeved

6. Shirt - short sleeved

7. V-neck sweater

8. Dress

These garments should all be solid and in the same neutral color so that they can be mixed and match. This will allow for layering as necessary for cooler weather and/or warmer weather. The blog gives great examples of how you can pick different shoes and different accessories to create a completely different look for the same simple garments.

SO...I am in the process of trying to create my own "Not So Crazy 8s" out of what I am now going to call "Green Gold" as that is my favorite reference to this color from all the online possibilities I found. But I am a casual person, a homemaker and part-time Zumba instructor, and I have no need for a fancy dancy wardrobe. So I am trying to make my own version inspired by this idea but applicable to my own situation. And this is not necessarily for the cruise only:

1. Capris

2. Skirt

3. Shorts

4. Dress

5. Overlayer

6. Tank

7. Long-sleeve/3/4 sleeve

8. Short sleeved

Now this may seem like a totally boring way to dress...BUT...if you give it a chance, you may find that it is very freeing...in the way that dressing in your colors or attempting to purchase your colors is freeing...it is just a great guideline and you find within the guideline, that there is a lot of room for creativity.

Like I said before, I have a 3/4 sleeve shirt and a tank top, but I still need a short sleeved shirt. So this was what I was searching for today.

First, I wore the capris and the tank top. I grabbed a favorite orange hoodie to layer over and a newly purchased animal print tote ($5.08 at Target!) Here I am:

002.jpg

DS took the picture. :) When you are trying to match colors, it's best to just wear what you are trying to match. This made shopping for shirts much easier. I could just hold up my knee to the hanging shirt and see whether or not it matched.

Let me tell you that it was difficult to stay on track. I saw some very cute OTHER clothing. Other capris, patterned shirts, a SWEET suit (like I need that), etc. I went to Kohl's first, because it was open before the mall was.

I tried two shirts on in Kohl's. The first one I tried on was this one:

942601_Green_Breen?wid=180&hei=180&op_sharpen=1

Which granted...is another sleeveless shirt and not a short sleeved...BUT...I thought it might be good for shape shopping too...because I thought the detail around the neckline would add the needed "visual weight" that my straight body type should have. It was okay on...not immediate love at first site...but I thought it was okay...maybe the thin material wasn't as good at camouflaging my tummy...but that's to be expected right? I have to just deal with that as I continue to get into better shape...

I moved on to the next shirt...wasn't on my shopping list...but it was SO CUTE:

914592?wid=180&hei=180&op_sharpen=1

It has "green gold" within the pattern. And I thought the style would be perfect. I put it on, I felt cute...It WAS love at first site...I whipped out my cell phone to take a picture because I was so happy...and then I looked at the picture I took...and I was like EWWWWWW...not good AT ALL...I thought the flutter sleeve and the ruffle at the neckline would be great...and it was...was the ruffle at the bottom...rather than give me that hourglass look...it was too short...the ruffle was right there at the wrong point and it added volume at the waist rather than define a waist, but I couldn't see this until I saw the photo...so I pulled the ruffle flat by grabbing it from the back and retook the picture...and THAT was good...ruffle bad...no lower ruffle good...

Lesson learned...take a picture...even if you think you love it.

So I put the other shirt back on and took a picture...

And now I know what is wrong with the other shirt...

The shoulder straps are too close...they need to be spread apart more on my shoulders. If you read the recommendations for swim suits under the Straight body type...it talks about needing the straps to be wide set straps...

So I got nervous about the tank I was currently wearing...and I took another picture...I'm just taking a photo of the mirror in the dressing room...it was all good...nice wide set straps...fitted...looking good...I was relieved...and it was NO PROBLEM to put those two sad shirts back on the rack.

I have to start a new post because I hit the submit button by mistake...

Edited by Anita Latte

I'm "tuned in", Anita! Love the tote! What a bargain!

Have CF Diet Coke to which I've added a splash of rum :)

Cheers,

Jane

PS. I totally agree about the need to take photos! I just wish dressing rooms would have more natural lighting in order to also be able to judge color -- not just shape & style.

You completed post while I was replying.

Edited by JaneStarr

I had literally walked all over the store looking for shirts in Green-Gold.

I knew that it was not to found.

I headed to the accessories section to look at scarves. I found a BEAUTY. I took off my cardigan and put that into my tote. I took the scarf which I wanted to wear with an outfit exactly like I was wearing...a shirt and bottoms in my neutral color. LOVED it...the background actually has Green-Gold and tan, with purple accents...this one seems more purple...but it's similar:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/apt9/accessories/scarves/PRD~988533/Apt+9+Floral+Jacquard+Scarf.jsp

All I needed was earrings...

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/fashion_jewelry/top_brands/sonoma/sonoma1/earrings/PRD~922779/SONOMA+life+++style+Gold+Tone+Bead+Hoop+Earrings.jsp

So. Now I have one outfit planned...with accessories and all.

I went to the mall...

While I was in Dillards, I found the cardigan that I bought...again, I just took off the one I was wearing and starting trying the one on out on the show room floor. A young lady salesperson came over and asked me if she could help me find anything...and I said no, I was looking for clothing that was in the color of what I was already wearing...and it was a funny moment as she acknowledged that I had found that...and I explained what I was doing...how I was creating a "Not so Crazy 8s" She totally got it...as I explained to her:

You take this outfit I'm wearing...different shoes...that's one look...I put a skirt on with it, wear dark tights, maybe tall boots?...totally different look...I put on flat strappy sandals, totally different look. Same clothes.

And she started playing with the cardigan...let me try to explain this cardigan...

03630254_zi_mustard?$c7product$

There are all the snaps...and you can make that neckline into a ton of different shapes...and the sales lady was playing with it and it was crazy how different it was looking within seconds as we fussed.

So I bought the cardigan...a big huge splurge for me...$76 on sale. But I know that I will get so much use out of it. One thing you can't see...it's lower in the back than in the front...

I continued to look throughout the mall...I could easily see into some of the stores that they just wouldn't have anything close...in Macy's I made one more find in jewelry. A pair of earrings. When I got home, they work perfectly for what I wanted them for. This is the benefit of really going through your clothes and really knowing all the different articles of clothing that you own, and what accessories you need...like I knew I needed earrings for this one outfit...and so I could recognize that the clearance with additional discount earrings would be a good purchase and not an impulse sale purchase.

And I think that's my report. I'll post pictures on a different day.

Jane...kudos to you for surviving the trip. I'm sure that it wasn't all you were hoping it would be. Ahh.

I got several totes at Target at the same time. I was most impressed with the ones I bought for shore excursions. Bigger than the one I used today. And it has a zipper closure at the top. Made of duck cotton fabric. And clearanced at $5.89. I got one for Mom too. And fortunately, the dye lots were different between the two I bought...both are cream and tan colored...the tan of one is like a latte...the tan of the other is like caramel. So we will be able to tell them apart on our trip. :)

I scored a 4/5! :cool:

The dress is awesome. There is a side zipper...and the band under the bust has one of those hook and eye closures at the top of the zipper? THAT is JUST a little bit tight. I have to engage the stretch of the dress...and pull on it a little to close...when it's closed it looks great...no funny puckers or bulges...so I think that even if I lose more, it'll still work just fine. And the color is FABULOUS on me. :)

The skirt and the shorts are equally great. They fit perfectly. Like the reviews said...the waist is big and you have to use the draw string, but this is fine with me...there is still room to shrink, but they look great right now. I was right about the color of the shorts...Safari is AIR...BUT, I'm used to thinking of any army-like color as a neutral...and even though I know it technically goes better with a muted lemon yellow than with my warm sunny muted yellow...I still think the warm yellow works. KWIM?

The white coverup is good. It could be bigger...to be more drapey and flowy...right now it is a loose fit but still has some shape...and honestly, I wouldn't mind it being just a little more flowing overall...so I might exchange it...I'm debating still...but the product is everything I wanted it to be.

The green/yellow short sleeve cardigan thing? Yeah...I got the green-yellow lot...NOT a good color...doesn't go with anything. It is going back for sure.

So overall...I'm really happy.

The cargo color is not the same as my capris, but it's close. But it's just different enough that I wouldn't necessarily wear the tank with them. I have to check the other shirt still. AND, I'm not sure that I love the way that the cardigan looks with them either...so, I'm not sure that this color is working out to be a complete mix and match with itself...but it is still turning out to be a great neutral for me...and I'm very happy with my purchases and my abilities to immediately wear them with most of my shirts. The only shirts that are questionable are some of the greens...it's just a little too much maybe? I'll have to take a photo to see if I can achieve a mixed neutral looking look or if certain colors just look like I tried to match, but was unsuccessful, KWIM?

Pictures will have to come later.

OK. If I wait for the sun to shine...or for myself to feel decent, let alone LOOK decent...as in...not inbetween Zumba classes and thus, have nasty after exercise hair...I will never take photos...

Since these photos are to show off new purchases...and not analyze color...here you go:

These are the earrings I bought for on the additional % off on the clearance rack from Macy's:

002-1.jpg

Here is the shirt that they so perfectly go with IMO...this is one of those beaded necklines?

001-2.jpg

And here is the whole outfit...the earrings, the shirt, and the animal print A-line skirt...(please ignore the piles of laundry in the background...:o)

003-5.jpg

This is an MDR outfit that I plan to take on the cruise...you've seen the shoe pic before...but I plan on wearing the front row strappy things on the far left:

016.jpg

You'll have to wait for the picto-diary to see me all dolled up and put together and in context!

Here is the Pack Anywhere Dress in Cargo...

Here's a close up of the effect of the color:

004-6.jpg

And because I'm feeling so swank in my new dress...here is the dress from several angles:

005-5.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-4.jpg

I'm loving the shape of an A-line halter on me...you betcha. WINNER!! Mom that backside photo shows that smocking I mentioned...makes the fit so very comfortable...and is what I think is going to help it last for a bit more weight loss. OH...just FYI...there is some discrete padding in the bodice to help turn the headlights off. ;)

This is made out of a technical fabric that is super lightweight...a little stretch...should dry incredibly fast...and it's supposed to have UPF 50+! I plan on wearing this on our shore excursions...I think...I'm not sure exactly what we are doing...LOL.

Love the brown ensemble w/ awesome earrings, love the halter dress and can't wait to see it accessorized.

I'm jealous, I'm so tired of my winter wardrobe already.

I totally agree! Love everything! I've found some really great costume jewelry in the Macy's sale bin :)

Jane

OMG Ladies...I have been having too much fun this morning. I'm playing dress up and taking pictures...way too many pictures...you are going to probably be sick of looking at me, but, oh well...it'll do me some good to walk through this for my own sake, so hopefully it will be of benefit to ya'll as well...

So the idea behind the Not So Crazy 8 is basically to have a base of clothing that all works together. I'm sure that you can do this with a mixed color palette, but the Vivienne blog advocates one neutral for these 8 pieces. My new cargo skirt does not quite match...so we are going to have to pretend a little here...

Anyway...here is my A1 top with my new skirt:

001-2.jpg

Here it is with a different tank top that is on the green side of the same color, so sad that there is a permanent oil stain on my tank:

002-3.jpg

Here is that same greener top with my new cargos:

013-1.jpg

This is a like a blank canvas...you add accessories and overlayers create different looks:

My new cardigan sweater matches my A1 tank better than the other one...that combo has more of that "twin set effect"...so here is that cardigan with the A1 shirt and the skirt:

008-3.jpg

Again, you can see how the colors are off from each other...and how much better it could be if they matched better. This shows the fun hemline in the back:

009.jpg

Same cardigan in a different snap pattern with my cargos:

012.jpg

Again...even adding the overlayer here is really still a blank canvas waiting for accessories...which is what I continued to play with...

So one of the easiest accessories is a scarf. Here is the new scarf that I bought with the purple accents and the new earrings I bought to go with it. The scarf is tied in the Pretzel style from that Eileen Fisher link:

004-2.jpg

The full view...imagine ballet flats or some other style shoe that covers the foot more...maybe even tights:

003-5.jpg

Add a jacket...(btw...this jacket is too big...but it gets the point across...I'm trying to grab the excess fabric from the back in the photo)...it is considered an accent piece in the Vivienne scheme...we could say that my accent color today was gold/yellow:

005-3.jpg

Different hair...chunky necklace...bracelets...hoop earrings...imagine strappy sandals:

006-3.jpg

Add a jacket...I could have done the gold one again...but I grabbed my denim one for variety in your viewing pleasure...LOL:

007.jpg

I did this same exercise with the cargo capris. The scarf has warm coral and orange colors:

016.jpg

The full outfit:

014-1.jpg

Add a jacket:

017.jpg

Now I can add a different shirt into the mix. I don't have very many shirts that fit properly...this yellow is an XL...I messed with it a lot to try to get it to look okay in the photos...here is the necklace I bought and posted in that series of laughing photos? with the capris:

019.jpg

And the coral/orange scarf in a European style:

022.jpg

Back to the skirt with the purple accent scarf tied in a Necklace style:

026.jpg

You take a necklace and the gold accent jacket with the capris:

021.jpg

You do purple scarf and the Crazy 8 cardigan:

023.jpg

You can into a skirt and change the style of the same scarf:

024.jpg

Change the tie style of the scarf again and change into the accent denim jacket:

025-1.jpg

My new cargo skirt does not quite match...so we are going to have to pretend a little here...

Anyway...here is my A1 top with my new skirt:

001-2.jpg

Definitely can see where cargo skirt & top need to match or at least blend better, but I'm LOVING the concept :)

Here it is with a different tank top that is on the green side of the same color, so sad that there is a permanent oil stain on my tank:

Suggest you try "Grandma's Secret Spot Remover" (available on Amazon, if not at local hardware/housewares stores). Has gotten out some stains for me where I had tried all sorts of other things. GREAT color Combo!

Here is that same greener top with my new cargos:

013-1.jpg

This color combo works to my eye.

This is a like a blank canvas...you add accessories and overlayers create different looks:

My new cardigan sweater matches my A1 tank better than the other one...that combo has more of that "twin set effect"...so here is that cardigan with the A1 shirt and the skirt:

008-3.jpg

Again, you can see how the colors are off from each other...and how much better it could be if they matched better.

Again...even adding the overlayer here is really still a blank canvas waiting for accessories...which is what I continued to play with...

I can tell, you are going to have lots of fun options with that jacket! The color combo doesn't work for my on this last pic. How would the tops look with new cargo pants?

WooHoo! Loving the results of your playing "dress up"!

Jane

If my colors had matched in true Not So Crazy 8s style...then the two tank tops that I used in this series of photos would have only been one tank top...so let's pretend that is the case...because that is what I am trying to show...

All the above varied and could continue to be varied looks were brought to you by:

Clothing:

1. Neutral 8's Capri

2. Neutral 8's Skirt

3. Neutral 8's Tank Top

4. Neutral 8's Cardigan Sweater

5. Accent SS Top (Yellow)

6. Accent/Neutral Denim Jacket

7. Accent Jacket (Gold)

Accessories:

1. Necklace 1

2. Necklace 2

3. Scarf 1

4. Scarf 2

5. Earrings 1

6. Earrings 2

7. Earrings 3

8. Bracelets

I could have had more fun with the bracelets...but I didn't go there...I was going more for big picture...I have 13 different looks pictured here:

1. 8 Skirt, 8 Tank, Necklace 1

2. 8 Skirt, 8 Tank, Necklace 1, Denim Jacket

3. 8 Skirt, 8 Tank, Scarf 1

4. 8 Skirt, 8 Tank, Scarf 1, Gold Jacket

Obviously, I could add more looks right here by switching the neck wear and the over layer...and/or incorporating the 8 Cardigan into the mix...with just the one shirt and the one skirt...

5. 8 Capris, 8 Tank, Scarf 2,

6. 8 Capris, 8 Tank, Scarf 2, Denim Jacket

Again...just adding the pants and one more piece of neckwear...I could have mixed in the 8 Cardigan and the Gold Jacket and had many more looks here with the same shirt and pants...

7. 8 Capris, Accent Shirt, Necklace 2

8. 8 Capris, Accent Shirt, Scarf 1

9. 8 Skirt, Accent Shirt, Scarf 2

Again...I didn't really go to town on picturing everything...

10. 8 Capris, Accent Shirt, Necklace 2, Gold Jacket

11. 8 Capris, Accent Shirt, Scarf 1, 8 Cardigan

12. 8 Skirt, Accent Shirt, Scarf 1, 8 Cardigan

13. 8 Skirt, Accent Shirt, Scarf 1, Denim Jacket

This last series really starts to show how the same pieces can really be used to look so different...I really love how different ways of tying that scarf, or not tying it I guess, make the whole look so different.

Like I have repeated way to many times already...maybe...there is so much mixing and matching that could go on here...and you can easily see how just adding one or two different accessories could really change up the way the whole outfit looks. This was just an exercise in how, when you need to get by with fewer things, you can still achieve many different looks from those fewer things. After seeing the how big the Gold Jacket is, I know I need to alter it, or replace it...same with the yellow t-shirt...I just wanted to try to show a colored jacket instead of just the denim one...the denim one is more my size, but it is typical Chico's...so it too is photographing "boxy".

SO...

I have to come to some hard decisions right now.

First...I know I need to return that green-yellow short sleeve cardigan thing I ordered from Athleta. Not only is the color bad (for me) but the fit is also uncomfortable...like other people said, the sleeves are tight...so I KNOW it is going back.

Second...I just took some pictures to show ya'll my new shorts...And you know what? They have to go back...they just do...they are NOT the right color...I can sit here and talk to myself and say that they are a shade of army green and thus they SHOULD go with other colors...but the fact is that the color of the shorts doesn't end up going with several different things that I would HOPE that a pair of shorts WOULD go with...and SO...I must ALSO return the shorts...because I KNOW that they will become one of those things that will not be worn often, if at all...

Third...do I exchange the cover up since I am returning two other items anyway?

Fourth...do I exchange the skirt that does work for a smaller size? Since I am returning so many other items anyway?...

Fifth...since there are no other sale shorts that are in any of my colors that I am interested in...should I get another skirt in another color that might be another good neutral?

SO...this is what I am mulling over...

Anita,

I luurve your dress up pics. So cute :) The accessories and especially the scarves are cute too. I so wish I could wear scarves--I just feel like a dork in them! I also wish I liked to play dress up but, the fact for me is that it looks fun but, isn't.

I think the sweater is especially cute on you--keeping it I hope?

Looking forward to more pics, imagine that:D

Oh I'm keeping the sweater! :cool: LOVE IT!

BUT...the shorts are going back, the cover up is going back, the ss green-yellow cardigan is going back, AND I'm exchanging the skirt for a smaller size. I learned that so long as you exchange ONE item on your return list you don't have the $6.00 deducted from your credit of the returned/exchanged items. You have to call in though so they can look at your order and reference it to not charge you shipping on the new items.

So I'm getting a 10 Tall in the skirt...AND I decided to get it in Khakina also.

Here's what made me ultimately decide to return the shorts...here is one of my favorite little tanks...I wear tanks A LOT...and this is a terracotta colored one...I like it so much, I bought a second one...to me it is a color that I think will also translate well into spring and summer...and sometimes I feel like I dress in Autumn colors year round...any other Earth relate to that?

So here is that shirt with those shorts:

030-1.jpg

Granted I'm not happy with the look, so my face shows it...but BOTH the color of the shirt and the shorts looks...OFF.

Contrast that to what it looks like when I wear it with an EARTH color...I'm all accessorized too, so it looks better, but I think you can tell...I really like this Necklace style on the scarf...this is what I wore to the grocery store today!

035-1.jpg

This little number might make the cut on the cruise!

Oh I'm keeping the sweater! :cool: LOVE IT!
It looks great on you. Don't you just love items that can work double time for you?

BUT...the shorts are going back, the cover up is going back, the ss green-yellow cardigan is going back, AND I'm exchanging the skirt for a smaller size. I learned that so long as you exchange ONE item on your return list you don't have the $6.00 deducted from your credit of the returned/exchanged items. You have to call in though so they can look at your order and reference it to not charge you shipping on the new items.
I am ecstatic you posted because I did not know about this. I have a Banana Republic top that isn't the right shade of FIRE purple....hmmmm....may be EARTH come to think of it. We don't have a b&m store here, so I was hating the thought of the $6.00 to send it back. Now, I'll just do as you suggested and order something better.

So I'm getting a 10 Tall in the skirt...AND I decided to get it in Khakina also.
Please let us know if the Khakina could work for FIRE. I really like the skirt on you. Even if I don't use it camping, I might like to add it to my summer wardrobe.

Contrast that to what it looks like when I wear it with an EARTH color...I'm all accessorized too, so it looks better, but I think you can tell...I really like this Necklace style on the scarf...this is what I wore to the grocery store today!

035-1.jpg

This little number might make the cut on the cruise!

I really appreciate your take on the Crazy 8s. Very educational and if a picture is worth a thousand words and you spoke volumes with this last picture alone. This is why I strive to find the perfect colors for me. Anita, I think it's perfect.

I read something this morning on The Vivienne Files that I've printed off and will tape to my morning mirror. I've changed the pronouns from us/we to ME, so I can say it over and over to myself. I need it and thought perhaps others might benefit:

My closet is not a museum, and I am not responsible for being the curator of all of the world's loveliest objects.

A hard lesson, but an essential one to learn if I am to avoid wasting money and complicating my life with an abundance of confusing delights which do not suit me is that each and every perfect object I see may not be perfect for ME.

Oh, wow. --Debbie

I am ecstatic you posted because I did not know about this. I have a Banana Republic top that isn't the right shade of FIRE purple....hmmmm....may be EARTH come to think of it. We don't have a b&m store here, so I was hating the thought of the $6.00 to send it back. Now, I'll just do as you suggested and order something better.[/Quote]

I know Banana Republic and Athleta are related some how so if the exchange policy is consistent...you have to call and have the two orders out at the same time...so it's like getting a double charge...BUT...you don't pay for shipping for either the return or outbound on the exchange. AND I saw today that they are sending my new skirts EXPRESS shipping! Yay!

Please let us know if the Khakina could work for FIRE. I really like the skirt on you. Even if I don't use it camping, I might like to add it to my summer wardrobe.

You bet. I still have FIRE floating around here in the form of exercise clothing...so I can see if it'll hold up to the clarity of YOUR colors. :cool:

I read something this morning on The Vivienne Files that I've printed off and will tape to my morning mirror. I've changed the pronouns from us/we to ME, so I can say it over and over to myself. I need it and thought perhaps others might benefit:

My closet is not a museum, and I am not responsible for being the curator of all of the world's loveliest objects.

A hard lesson, but an essential one to learn if I am to avoid wasting money and complicating my life with an abundance of confusing delights which do not suit me is that each and every perfect object I see may not be perfect for ME.

Oh, wow. --Debbie

Oooo....I generally read her blog on Fridays...sometimes on Wednesday mornings too...the mornings that I have more time. I haven't looked this week yet. Sounds like there are good nuggets in there this week. I love the analogy too because a museum conjures up the idea of something that you just LOOK at...while you reach for the tried and true...:rolleyes:

I'm going through EVERTYTHING now... This Is a great quote...and I've loved following this Earthy thread!! I too am a Earth color person! :)

Anita...your so cute & brave!! Thank You!!:D

Oh, wow. --Debbie

My problem is that my closet is a museum of favorite objects that I used to fit into and continue to hope I may again some day. :(

Also I'm guilty of reaching for the tried and true, but I have some nice things that I don't wear enough. So, my semester began four weeks ago and I decided I would see how long I can go wearing a different outfit to work every day (though necessarily repeating pants and shoes). Am shooting for the whole 11 weeks. So far, so good, and I have to say it's kind of fun. Atlhough in the process I am wearing some colors that are all wrong for me!

Anita, thanks for sharing your crazy 8s process. It's one thing to admire the blog, but it is very helpful to watch you in action working through it with a real wardrobe.

Is anyone watching Downton Abbey? The costumer does an amazing job of dressing the women, their skin looks absolutely divine.