All things EARTH...

Margaret, I especially love the first two tops on you. The brown and coral looks really great.

I can relate to the heatwave--it was 82 F here today and our average high is 52! I'll sure take it though, much better than snow or sleet or rain. Any of which we can get in the good ol' midwest.

Here is last week's work wardrobe. We're winding down the semester so I've been incredibly busy. My program grew by about 50% this semester so next semester I get my own intern. Yay!

Here goes:

Monday - brown and coral blouse. Love this blouse except it's a poly blend and a little hot.

Tuesday - heat wave in NYC! This green, blue & brown T is one of my favorites, it was in my Palm Beach Weekend wardrobe. I found it on sale at Kohl's when I was Christmas shopping. I treat it with kid gloves so that it will last a long time!

Wednesday - pink is not my favorite color now that I have rosacea, and I think this is Fire, maybe? Also it was a gloomy day and you can see the flash bouncing off my mineral makeup, I look like a zombie. Not a very good day in the wardrobe department. :)

Thursday - another gloomy day, another zombie face. However, this ivory, brown & gold shirt is one of my favorites color-wise. I wore it with gold jewelry, brown pants, and my new brown shoes with the gold buckle-things on them.

One of the many things I have thought about because of this project is what they tell larger women about how to dress. I went from a size 6 to a size 14 over the course of three years or so and two reconstructive knee surgeries, and I'm still trying to figure it out. For example, they say big women need a big print. But, if you remember that aqua, green, and black paisley shirt I wore a while back, I think it makes me look like I'm wearing a tablecloth. For me at least I think a better strategy is simpler, more subtle patterns and more of an emphasis on line and form, with interest coming from a layering of texture and accessories. It takes more time to dress than simply throwing on some blingy shirt, but I'm working on getting the hang of it. It requires more time shopping than I realistically have but I hope to build a better wardrobe for myself eventually.

Note: No matter HOW many pictures you THINK you are taking...you STILL may not get every outfit of everyday...especially if you typically avoid having your picture taken (Mom)...so AGAIN...we are missing one of her outfits...BUT we have compensated for this...so here we go...

Tonight is a casual night in the dining room.

Mom was still feeling a bit chilled. When you live in a hot weather climate (Sonoran Desert), moderate weather is more cool than warm...so Mom was wanting to wear clothes that were warmer. Her choice in outfit therefore was dictated by the jacket. We have seen this jacket before on her Italy trip...it is more of an Earthy background color with jewels all over it...she paired it with a sleeveless gold shirt and "espresso" colored denim jeggings...with fun red shoes. Like I said, we don't have a photo of her wearing this ensemble, but we put it together this morning and took a picture for your viewing enjoyment:

Mariner2012001.jpg

Now I was feeling a bit warm...because I had spent so much time pool-side...line dancing...watching the belly flop contest...and since I wasn't in a swim suit...I didn't have on sunscreen on my shoulders...so you may be noticing that I have picked up a bit of pink in my evening pictodiary shot. I chose to wear the fun tribal print shirt with the beaded neckline and a neutral skirt...and my Jambu bronze sandals. You can't see the square amber earrings very well but you can see the beaded bracelets that Mom and Dad brought me from their Italy trip.

MarinerMarch2012179-1.jpg

The neutral color of the skirt is not the BEST. It has a bit of a gray/green tone to it more than a golden tone. If you look at my skin next to the skirt...it's not horrible...but you can see that the match at the arms and on the feet with the bronze shoes is better. There is a photo later where my skirt is matched to one of Mom's more golden neutrals and you can see that the golden is better...but it's not so bad that it doesn't GO...if you know what I mean.

Because I did not wear every outfit I planned for the evening meals, I will state why I chose this one over others I could have worn. First and foremost...it's the shirt...this shirt is semi-fitted...but not fitted...and it seemed more comfortable to wear than the more fitted shirts that I also could have chosen. ALSO...this skirt has pockets...and the other skirt that I could have worn didn't.

So...I liked semi-fitted over fitted...and I went for pockets, because I don't bring anything except my Sea Pass card.

Mom also didn't wear everything planned for her evenings...she hadn't planned on wearing the jeggings with this outfit...she had PLANNED to wear nicer capris...BUT...she was feeling chilled and wanted the heavier, longer bottoms.

Since this is such a nothing post, I will probably post again today.

Coming up...Our first shore excursion...what to wear/bring on a private catamaran!

Oh, chickas, you are too cute!!!! It's so obvious the fun you all are having. Good for you :D

Anita, the yellow hoodie looks great on you. I really like that color with your EARTHY self. Pam, I love you in our FIRE aquas, great color.

I love the formal dresses you both have on! The blue is SMASHING on you, Pam. On the "what color shoes" question...I guess I would go with gold shoes for a more formal look and maybe a warm nude for a little less formal but still dressy look??? I'm not much of a shoe person and never go out on a limb with them--too chicken. How do you wear those one shoulder dresses? Do you feel like you're missing something? I've never had one on. I lead such a sheltered life, don't I? Anita, the brown is just lovely on you. I like the empire'ish waist too. It usually is kind to the "girls", don't you think ;) The red shoes are really a fantastic touch to the more common look of brown. SCORE!

Your pictodiary is soooo much fun. I just love it.

Next installment, please.....

Hi, Kim! Thank you!

I am a total shoe person, and I've been so very frustrated for the last few years with shoe purchases. For one thing, I have to be very careful of the heel height because my hips will complain very, very loudly if I get a heel that is too high and wear it for too long. So, that becomes a real issue with today's outrageously high nose-bleed heel heights! So, when I have to take into consideration, not only that but also the appropriate color, I find myself searching and searching and searching... and then being so frustrated if I find what WOULD BE the perfect shoe and it just isn't comfortable. Because I am very, very past the concept that beauty equals discomfort!

I love the one-shoulder comfort factor. It doesn't make you feel like anything is missing, at all. It's just a really comfortable wear because there really isn't anything binding on the one side, and you're just happy and free! My one issue with the one-shoulder concept (well, with any of the sleeveless tops) is this idea that my arms aren't as toned as I'd like them to be. Plus, with the Zumba (as we all know), I have some loose skin because of the fat loss and... there you go... the dreaded droopy arms! But I'm unwilling to give up my sleeveless tops... just yet. Plus, tropical cruising just cries for the sleeveless, strapless, more skin showing looks... and I'm just more about that than the idea that my arms could be better. Except that I have some toning arm exercises on my bucket list... we'll see.

The MOST important garment that I have on is one (well, a few) that you don't see! With that dress, I have a strapless bra from Soma that is remarkable with its ability to stay in place! It has the silicon edging that makes it so sticky to your skin so no worries about movement, at all. PLUS, Anita (she's such a great shopper!) found the best shapewear. It's from a manufacturer called TC, and it's the line called "Just Enough." Truly does wonders for the silhouette, and I loved that "just enough" smoothing and support.

Also, just because I'm talking about foundation garments, I'm going to jump ahead and talk about the Natori bra that Anita also found! It was perfect for the more plunging neckline of the wrap dress that I found for the next formal evening. When I discussed the plunging neckline with a salesperson, she told me that the area between the cups of a bra is called the "bridge." I did not know that bras had names for the different areas.. beyond "cups" and "band!" Anyway, when you have a plunging neckline and you want to have a no-show bra, then you need to find a bra that has a small bridge. So, Anita found a great one that was wonderful with the wrap dress.

This is the first time that I've paid much attention to my foundation garments. I think because I've got some issue with the looser skin from the weight loss (unexpected) and I'm going through those mental struggles with "looks." KWIM? Anita tells me that I'm too focused on the areas that I don't like, but that's just hard not to do, isn't it? Anyway, I just have to say that the foundation garments purchases were one of the BEST additions to my wardrobe this cruise!

Now this compliments you totally! Very youthful and yet classic.

This is an awesome look in so many ways... so pulled together, it says "fun cruise," you look great, your hair looks nice that way, I love that top.

And I forgot to mention before -- your mom looks so young!

Our first shore excursion day dawned CLOUDY and RAINY...:eek:

The word on the street was that EVERYDAY lately had been dawning cloudy and rainy and that the weather was very changeable and WOULD change into a sunny and warmer day...and I can say...that it DID change...the best sunny, warm weather of the day was right as we were supposed to be back ON BOARD. LOL.

Meanwhile...the plan of the day was to meet with the 8 other people who would be forming our group for a private catamaran sailing called "Free Radical." As part of the sailing, we were going to be driven from Coxen Hole where RCCL docks in Roatan to the other side of the island...a place called West Village which is non-touristy and rarely visited...and about 45 minutes away. It was a great opportunity to see the island along the one main road that seemed to link the different areas of the island. The van easily accommodated our group of 13 plus the driver...and let's just say that we were all glad not to be driving on this road...which was narrow and curvy and hilly...and those of us in the back were wondering what kind of ride it was to be the one sitting shot gun (where Mom was) because at times...it was a bit :eek:. because our driver knew the road well and he could speed along.

SOOOOO...with a long van ride...AND a catamaran lazy day...AND snorkeling...what in the world do you wear?

IF you live in a warm climate...and know that you will not be getting in the ocean...you wear a swim dress from Athleta with bathing suit bottoms (just incase the wind blows or you DO get wet) and wear the warm hoodie that you snatched from your DD's closet. LOL. With the same Merrell walking sandals...because you are barefoot on the catamaran anyway.

IF you know you will be snorkeling, you wear a bathing suit with an Athleta dress that is nylon and "fast drying" for the van ride...and bring a cover up for hanging out in on the catamaran. With TEVA brand sandals (made to get wet). After looking at the photos...this day has been labeled my "Gidget" day because of my pig tail hair style. Now let me say this...IF you can put your hair in low pigtails...you will not have issues with the wind that WILL be blowing on the catamaran...and your hair won't be an issue when you are snorkeling/swimming...and your hat will sit better on your head than in a ponytail.

Here is a photo of my traveling outfit:

Mariner2012100.jpg

Mom looks at this photo and says, "An EARTH girl in an AIR environment." Please note the zippered pocket in the dress!! Perfect for Sea Pass cards. Thumbs up!

Here are Mom and I before the sun came out too clearly. You can see her Athleta swim dress and that Athleta cover-up that I JUST got:

Mariner2012123.jpg

After the sun FULLY came out...Mom put the hoodie back on so that she wouldn't get burned:

MarinerMarch2012187.jpg

After looking at this photo...we are pretty convinced that my cover up IS muted...it's difficult to say...but it doesn't seem to hold up to the blue swim dress. Please note...the hoodie is MINE and we are also debating whether or not it is really FIRE or EARTH (Mom says, we are not debating, I think it's FIRE and you just want to keep it!).

And I have to throw this photo in here...this is what happens when EARTH wears ICE:

MarinerMarch2012186.jpg

You can be seen for miles, and miles, and miles...which is why DH purchased this rash guard. We LIKE being able to spot each other in potentially crowded situations (beaches, pools, etc.) and DH just loves the bright colors and doesn't care about colors in that type of situation. DS has a matching rash guard...which we love even more, because it makes it very easy to keep track of the kid.

Perhaps you remember that I found a great tote at Target? Both families used their totes on this day.

My family of 3 packed 3 towels, swim goggles, camera, sunscreen, hats, eye glass cases (just in case for the parent contact wearers), 2 cotton t-shirts (for the boys after swimming to change out of the wet rash guards for van ride), and my cover up.

My MOM...who got the EXPERT CRUISER button...packed 2 towels, sunscreen, camera, and lip balm. LOL.

It's actually a very good thing that we packed our swim goggles...note to anyone whose men have facial hair...DH could not get a good seal on the snorkeling goggles provided by the catamaran because of his goatee...anyone with a mustache would have the same issue...just something to think about.

The totes were awesome!

And I have to throw this photo in here...this is what happens when EARTH wears ICE:

MarinerMarch2012186.jpg

You can be seen for miles, and miles, and miles...which is why DH purchased this rash guard. We LIKE being able to spot each other in potentially crowded situations (beaches, pools, etc.) and DH just loves the bright colors and doesn't care about colors in that type of situation. DS has a matching rash guard...which we love even more, because it makes it very easy to keep track of the kid.

My EARTH man likes to dress brightly at the beach as well, and in the summer he's not happy unless he matches his water ski -- a redhead in red and yellow! I find it so helpful when snorkeling, though, because I have to keep my eye on him, as he can't see very well even with prescription goggles. Maybe I should be the one in neon :)

Margaret, I especially love the first two tops on you. The brown and coral looks really great.

I can relate to the heatwave--it was 82 F here today and our average high is 52! I'll sure take it though, much better than snow or sleet or rain. Any of which we can get in the good ol' midwest.

Thank you for the feedback. We're supposed to have 80F tomorrow, then back to 55 or so for the weekend. A strange March for us.

I grew up in Michigan where 82 was a good temp for the middle of summer! Times have changed, for sure.

I'm taking a break from cleaning my windows, quite a chore when your kitty keeps trying to climb out (and we're on the fourth floor).

Yesterday I mentioned that I was thinking about form, texture, and accessories to add interest. Then, DH brought home this week's FT fashion supplement full of Spring colors, oh no, nothing in it for me. But, the menswear is a perfect example of what I was talking about -- fine fabrics, lots of texture, interesting accessories, layering of color. So, here are some photos that I love (don't tell DH but I think that man in the pale yellow suit is yummy).

Earthman1.jpg.ab2b4c406e60953b57d9c586dd58a760.jpg

Earthman2.jpg.4292dfd3b791feaa2ba7cd6f7278e5f0.jpg

Earthman3.jpg.23059c8454c9895e96312ec3ef85a02a.jpg

Earthman4a.jpg.d725f4eee1a8429258ed54568d32f772.jpg

Earthman4b.jpg.1c553f472fbb8545072505c306503e8d.jpg

The catamaran was rather exhausting. :o The sun, the wind, the ocean...just being outside for the majority of the day with no break from the elements really tired us all out.

My goal for my dinner attire was to be COMFORTABLE. I thought about my options...and the one thing that I really didn't want to deal with was a waist band of ANY sort...so a dress is what I opted for...it was something of a last minute pack because I know I like this dress and like to wear it but was trying to pack less...I'm very glad I had another casual dress though. Here's my pictodiary pic:

MarinerMarch2012002.jpg

The dress is two layers of cotton gauze. The underlayer actually has two pockets!! Mom gave it to me...so another SCORE for the Earth DD from the closet cleanout after color analysis. I wore my Jambu bronze sandals. I have to say that I LOVE these sandals...strappy and SO comfortable to walk around the ship...I felt very stable up and down stairs and rockin' along...I'm also wearing antiqued golden bracelets...I have matching hoop earrings, but I think I had already removed those before remembering to get my picture taken for the evening.

MOM...we are having such problems finding photos of her without DS in it of this evening...and I'm sorry but I do abstain from posting photos of my boy...SO...you only get to see the TOP. :eek: AND, I have to share that she had a mental moment and totally forgot the plans that she had for this outfit...she did not wear the jacket OR the jewelry. She wore a Chico's traveler's fabric in Chocolate called "Sparkle Sequin" and her espresso denim jeggings. She was also supposed to wear her denim overshirt (previously seen in Italy) and gold and chocolate dangle bracelets, bright gold Chico necklace, and one of many choices of earrings...*sigh*...didn't happen. She wore the same shoes she wore with the blue formal dress. (Once upon a time ago...a lady in the dining room commented on this exact outfit saying, "How in the world did you find the most perfect shoes to complement that outfit?" and now she keeps wearing the same thing...:))

Here is the top on the balcony. I am on my balcony and we are sailing away from Roatan and getting ready for dinner:

MarinerMarch2012222.jpg

Maybe Mom should have done less balcony and more dressing? :rolleyes:

Tidbit of note: One of our tablemates was a seventh grade daughter...who got a little bit sunburned in Roatan...and consequently, she was CHILLED in the dining room. Ever had that happen? Your skin is so warm, or even hot, that you get into an air conditioned environment and you feel so cold? She went back to her room to get an over layer. So even if you are warm weather cruising, it is still a GOOD idea to pack an over layer for occasions such as this.

Again...I MAY post more today...

Coming up...Shopping in Belize!

I'm on Spring Break now, so this brings an end to my work wardrobe photos. It has been so enlightening to see how different things look on me. Now I am less likely to buy things that I'm attracted to for various reasons other than whether they are truly attractive on me. I'm also excited that I made through the winter without buying any black. Spring and summer will be easier, I think. Seeing how I really look in it has got me avoiding that side of my closet in favor of earthier colors.

On that note, here are my pictures for this week. I only worked Monday this week but I threw in a couple bonuses. I used my morning to play with my camera and I finally think I got the colors right in the last two.

Monday outfit - this gold blouse is a new purchase, and now it is finally the appropriate weather and season for it. I like it because it both covers me up and is lightweight and comfy.

Raincoat - here is my black raincoat with the copper collar. It isn't what I would buy in a perfect world, but I really needed a raincoat and this is the best I could find for now.

My true colors - I took this pic in my new olive green tshirt to try to give you a sense of what I really look like colorwise IRL. In that respect it came out fairly true. I still need to play with my camera a bit more though, the intensity is a bit high.

Thank you to everyone who posted comments, you are all wonderfully helpful and supportive, and I hope you can learn from my (many) mistakes!

goldblouse.jpg.a1edea4b04124aff4b0e6a7d51b10b90.jpg

raincoat.jpg.a7cf566ea65a6d0feaffcd431609632f.jpg

oliveT.jpg.1d0ee12e2428ac902657341ade517435.jpg

How was the snorkeling in Roatan? That is one of my favorite activities. Cute dress!

Snorkeling in Roatan was VERY good. Keep in mind, we were in a spot that we were told was not often visited by tourists. We went to the East end of the island. We were in a place that we are having a hard time remembering the name. I think it was Oakridge? A very small village. Remember, 45 minutes from the pier.

We were taken to an area that is called the "Cow and the Calf". These are basically two islands...the little one is like a big rock sticking out of the ocean (the calf) and the other is significantly larger. This photo is of the Calf; the land behind is the shore.

Mariner2012105.jpg

All around these two islands is shallow waters...perfect for coral. We saw ALL different shapes. There were tons of fish to see. So many varieties, shapes and sizes. I was so focused on the ocean floor that it took me a bit to focus in on the fact that I was swimming in school of those Tetra fish? One of the crew members had a great eye and he would dive down to the bottom and bring up conch and all other manner of fun sea life for us to oooo and ahhh over.

By and large the cloudy day made for pleasant swimming. And the occasional sun peeping out made the colors of the fish brilliant. We were told that a cloudy day was better for fish viewing because they tend to stay in the shade and shadows on sunny days.

The water was just a bit cool. It was the kind that wasn't the easiest to get into but once you did you were fine. Unlike the ship's pool water, which never felt fine even if you were constantly moving.

The name of the company was "Free Radical Catamaran" and the catamaran we were on was "The Spirit of the Free Radical." The captain and his wife are from Canada and they actually LIVE on the catamaran. They grilled food and had a wonderful cook onboard that made homemade salsa, cookies, breads, etc...and they had a cooler stocked with local beers and also a blender working constantly on Pina Coladas. We had a GREAT time.

DH spent a lot of time talking to the crew. We got to hear many stories of their lives and that was just as much fun as the snorkeling and swimming, etc.

I don't want to get too off track here...but I know it can be so fun to hear about shore excursions and pick each other's brains for info, so if you want more, let me know!

We did not have any set plans for Belize. In fact, Mom and Dad had thoughts that we may not even go into the port and just stay on the ship. However, DH made it clear to me in Latteland that he wanted to at least go into the port and experience the tender ride. Because seriously?, the ship anchors FAR off shore, the tender ride is LONG. And as he said, he wouldn't be so close to a foreign country without setting foot in it.

We had a leisurely morning on the ship. Got our lattes, ate in the Windjammer, discussed going into the port over breakfast. We decided that we would just go into the port and do some shopping at the port and grab a bite/drink at a place that seemed to have a reputation in the port called "The Wet Lizard" whenever we felt like it. We grabbed what we needed from our cabins, and headed out to the tender. This photo is actually from the trip back, but it's a pretty cool shot:

MarinerMarch2012042.jpg

Let's all admire the BLUE water. Ahhhhh.

As DivasDare said, the day was very warm. Mom wore EXERCISE clothes this day because she didn't know that we were deciding to go into the port when she got dressed. She thought she might exercise this day in a non-crowded gym. She wore a Nike brand coral colored tank with built in shelf bra and brown capri length yoga like pants. Here is a great photo of her in the Wet Lizard:

MarinerMarch2012004.jpg

I wore the dress that I wore the day before. This Athleta dress really is Awesome...there are built in cups in the halter top...and again...POCKETS. Here you can see my favorite sun hat...it's actually a paper gardener's hat that I purchased at a local garden center. This shot is in the picture perfect area that is a courtyard in the midst of the port shops:

Mariner2012165.jpg

I did score a major find earlier in our shopping adventure. I found a beautiful beaded bracelet. It is nothing but beads. You may or may not be able to discern that the design is flowers in purple, gold, and green on a kind of green background. I LOVE this bracelet and it goes so well with a pair of hoop earrings that I bought when I bought that purple patterned scarf? This shot is in The Wet Lizard:

Mariner2012152.jpg

The Wet Lizard was fun. They serve the locally brewed beer: Belikin. The place is actually the second floor of a shop that overlooks the ocean.

MarinerMarch2012020.jpg

If you look further into the bay...

MarinerMarch2012006.jpg

We enjoyed our late morning/afternoon. One of our favorite quotes of the day was one of the shop keepers...working one of the booths...he says, "Come on in, we have a bunch of stuff you don't need!" I think my favorite shop was actually one where I didn't buy a thing...it was filled with things that were handcrafted locally...local wood, etc.

Considering the heat, which was not super hot but the day was finally sunny, little or no wind...we were dressed perfectly for port.

A word of note about The Wet Lizard...people have left their mark all over the interior...you pay $1 and you can use a marker to write something on any surface in the place. The proceeds benefit the local cancer society, IIRC. Point being, the TABLES are all marked...even the EDGES...and we all noted that the ink wasn't permanent (at least in the local climate) as we all saw the marks on our arms (if you look back at my arm where I am showing off the bracelet...you can see red marks on my arm...that's INK)...we all were trying to avoid leaning against the table...Mom, unfortunately, got ink on her exercise shirt...so duly note this if you also decide to visit this establishment. Beware the ink!

Edited by Anita Latte

I'm on Spring Break now, so this brings an end to my work wardrobe photos. It has been so enlightening to see how different things look on me. Now I am less likely to buy things that I'm attracted to for various reasons other than whether they are truly attractive on me. I'm also excited that I made through the winter without buying any black. Spring and summer will be easier, I think. Seeing how I really look in it has got me avoiding that side of my closet in favor of earthier colors.

On that note, here are my pictures for this week. I only worked Monday this week but I threw in a couple bonuses. I used my morning to play with my camera and I finally think I got the colors right in the last two.

Monday outfit - this gold blouse is a new purchase, and now it is finally the appropriate weather and season for it. I like it because it both covers me up and is lightweight and comfy.

Raincoat - here is my black raincoat with the copper collar. It isn't what I would buy in a perfect world, but I really needed a raincoat and this is the best I could find for now.

My true colors - I took this pic in my new olive green tshirt to try to give you a sense of what I really look like colorwise IRL. In that respect it came out fairly true. I still need to play with my camera a bit more though, the intensity is a bit high.

Thank you to everyone who posted comments, you are all wonderfully helpful and supportive, and I hope you can learn from my (many) mistakes!

You look very pretty in your pictures. Very nice hair cute and makeup! Have a great spring break!

We did not have any set plans for Belize. In fact, Mom and Dad had thoughts that we may not even go into the port and just stay on the ship. However, DH made it clear to me in Latteland that he wanted to at least go into the port and experience the tender ride. Because seriously?, the ship anchors FAR off shore, the tender ride is LONG. And as he said, he wouldn't be so close to a foreign country without setting foot in it.

We had a leisurely morning on the ship. Got our lattes, ate in the Windjammer, discussed going into the port over breakfast. We decided that we would just go into the port and do some shopping at the port and grab a bite/drink at a place that seemed to have a reputation in the port called "The Wet Lizard" whenever we felt like it. We grabbed what we needed from our cabins, and headed out to the tender. This photo is actually from the trip back, but it's a pretty cool shot:

MarinerMarch2012042.jpg

Let's all admire the BLUE water. Ahhhhh.

As DivasDare said, the day was very warm. Mom wore EXERCISE clothes this day because she didn't know that we were deciding to go into the port when she got dressed. She thought she might exercise this day in a non-crowded gym. She wore a Nike brand coral colored tank with built in shelf bra and brown capri length yoga like pants. Here is a great photo of her in the Wet Lizard:

MarinerMarch2012004.jpg

I wore the dress that I wore the day before. This Athleta dress really is Awesome...there are built in cups in the halter top...and again...POCKETS. Here you can see my favorite sun hat...it's actually a paper gardener's hat that I purchased at a local garden center. This shot is in the picture perfect area that is a courtyard in the midst of the port shops:

Mariner2012165.jpg

I did score a major find earlier in our shopping adventure. I found a beautiful beaded bracelet. It is nothing but beads. You may or may not be able to discern that the design is flowers in purple, gold, and green on a kind of green background. I LOVE this bracelet and it goes so well with a pair of hoop earrings that I bought when I bought that purple patterned scarf? This shot is in The Wet Lizard:

Mariner2012152.jpg

The Wet Lizard was fun. They serve the locally brewed beer: Belikin. The place is actually the second floor of a shop that overlooks the ocean.

MarinerMarch2012020.jpg

If you look further into the bay...

MarinerMarch2012006.jpg

We enjoyed our late morning/afternoon. One of our favorite quotes of the day was one of the shop keepers...working one of the booths...he says, "Come on in, we have a bunch of stuff you don't need!" I think my favorite shop was actually one where I didn't buy a thing...it was filled with things that were handcrafted locally...local wood, etc.

Considering the heat, which was not super hot but the day was finally sunny, little or no wind...we were dressed perfectly for port.

A word of note about The Wet Lizard...people have left their mark all over the interior...you pay $1 and you can use a marker to write something on any surface in the place. The proceeds benefit the local cancer society, IIRC. Point being, the TABLES are all marked...even the EDGES...and we all noted that the ink wasn't permanent (at least in the local climate) as we all saw the marks on our arms (if you look back at my arm where I am showing off the bracelet...you can see red marks on my arm...that's INK)...we all were trying to avoid leaning against the table...Mom, unfortunately, got ink on her exercise shirt...so duly note this if you also decide to visit this establishment. Beware the ink!

I saw those marks on your arm and wondered if you were having a reaction of some sort. Good to know that it was only ink. Hope your mom is able to get it out of her shirt.

Lucky for you that it wasn't super hot there... I thought I would melt on my trip there... it was my first cruise also as a matter of fact.

Can't wait to hear more tomorrow. Oh, really like the bracelet. Are there earth colors in it as well? I'm not familiar with the concept, just asking.

Anita, I really enjoy reading your posts & the fact that you post your different outfits etc.

And I can see that wearing the right colours does make a difference. You really look great in your Earth colours. (I am an Ice)

Looking forward to your future posts regarding this trip and your future purchases!:p

Back from Belize...

It was the funniest tender ride EVER...OMG...I really wanted to try to get photos of the ship on the ride back...so I sat on the outside seat on the first floor of the tender, DS next to me, DH next to him...Mom and Dad sitting opposite and slightly away from the outer edge because a solo passenger was on that outside seat...

WELL....

Let me tell you...

That tender was going so fast to book it back to the ship...

The wind...Hold on to your HAT!!...Spit the hair out of your mouth...wipe your face and glasses from the SPRAY...try desperately to shield the camera to try to get a picture in the midst of fighting all these elements...

And MOM...CRACKING UP at my hardship...LOL.

She's laughing now remembering...in her words...It was 15 minutes of HILARITY...

And it was 15 minutes folks...

All my struggles were successful though...let's all admire the blue water again, shall we?

MarinerMarch2012036.jpg

This evening was the big 70's party...woot woot!

I really wanted to wear my new Cache shirt on this cruise. Tonight was the night. I wore it with that same neutral pencil skirt. The chunkier Jambu shoes didn't look quite right so I wore beaded bronze heels.

Mom ALSO wore Cache...a sunny yellow shirt (she was complemented on it at dinner)...and her Cache sand capris with the gold details...(we have seen these before on the Italy/Transatlantic photos)...BUT, these are a NEW pair...two sizes smaller than the previous pair!! (Thank you ZUMBA!) She wore her gold Helle comforts heels/sandals.

Here we are enjoying our after dinner wine in the lounge area across from Boleros...waiting for the official start of the party...

MarinerMarch2012044.jpg

As the party time approached and the music kicked in...we made our way up to the Royal Promenade and found a table in Vintages...we were getting into the spirit of the evening:

Mariner2012185.jpg

The party officially started and we had a blast. During the "Love Train" song, our CD wanted to start the longest train ever...so the train started at the bridge and worked it's way down the Promenade and came back and they let us go up the stairs and cross the bridge and then go through that access door into the crew area and back out another door into the Promenade area again. Mom said she had never seen them do that before. And MOM didn't originally hitch a ride on the Love Train, but when I saw we were getting to cross the bridge, I snagged her to get in line in front of me...It was SUCH a good time:

Mariner2012202.jpg

Mariner2012203.jpg

Even though the stairs picture is a bit blurry...you can see our full outfits!

And the grand finale of the evening...when the CD cast was available for photos:

MarinerMarch2012051.jpg

TOO FUN.

A brief word on undergarments...this night I am wearing the Natori bra that Mom mentioned earlier...I needed it specifically for shirts like this one that are that wrap style with the low V front. AWESOME bra. We think this is the one:

http://www.natori.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ISC_Category=NatoriBra_UnderstatedContourUnderwire&ISC_ParentCategory=Bras&ISC_SubCategory=BrasUnderwire

Coming up next...Beach day in COZUMEL!

Just a really quick note as I'm watching the IU v Kentucky game:)

Pam, you are just GORGEOUS in that yellow shirt!!!! I don't think I've ever seen you in yellow. Everything just pops on you in that yellow shirt. FANTASTIC.

Anita, I totally lurv you in the animal print shirt. I soooo want an animal print FIRE shirt in honor of our upcoming Africa trip.

It is so uplifting to see your families having so much fun together. it just makes me smile all over!

More later girls.

Bright and sunny...the day dawned...

Our plans for the day were to go to Nachi Cocum, which is an all-inclusive beach resort with a limited admittance of 100...this...and the fact that Mom and Dad have been there before and had a great time...was one of the main reasons we were doing this today...because there were supposed to be SEVEN cruise ships docked in Cozumel this day...with an expected 24,000+ passengers! :eek:

Interesting to note: The Saturday night before our Sunday sailing, most states in the US switched to daylight savings time. HOWEVER, our destination ports do not observe daylight savings until April 1...so the ship, which otherwise would have been on the same time as the ports, was one hour earlier than every port we visited. SO...if Nachi Cocum opened at 9 AM...this was really 10 AM ship time. SO...we could have a very leisurely morning and still get to Nachi pretty close to opening time...which was our plan.

We ate breakfast in the Windjammer...went back to the cabins to collect our AWESOME totes filled with our day's necessities (which varied depending on if you were EXPERT or NEW lol)...and headed on out to the beach...where we planned to spend our entire day.

Mom wore another Athleta swim dress with swim suit bottoms and her Merrell sandals.

I wore my swimsuit...and this day, I decided to just wear my purple cover up with my shorts underneath with all the pockets and my Tevas. Also...my sun hat.

Here we are at the Nachi:

Mariner2012235.jpg

I don't love this photo, because I'm not at goal yet on my fitness journey...but here is my EARTH swim suit. I prefer to wear suits that I know I can be active in...I love the high neckline of this suit:

Mariner2012210.jpg

ANOTHER Interesting Note: We were docked next to the Allure. We had 3600+ on board and were told they had 6800+ on board. The ALLURE was on East Coast Daylight Time...the MARINER was on Central Daylight Time...but still...there was QUITE the line for going through port security to get back on board. There were just a few official people walking around pointing out that there were TWO lines...one for each ship.

Here we are in our lines. I think these photos are interesting to also see what others are wearing:

MarinerMarch2012069.jpg

Mariner2012248.jpg

I did not wear my shorts for the ride back to the ship.

Here is a great shot of the two ships docked next to each other. And it's a perfect example of WHY we love the bright colors...you can see DH for miles, and miles, and miles...

MarinerMarch2012076.jpg

I don't recall the exact time that we were back on board...MOM does...4:35 PM she says with an all aboard of 4:30 PM :eek:. As you could see, there was quite a line and a bit of a mess to get through the security check point.

Remember...our dinner seating was 5:30 PM :eek:.

The consequence of the timing for this day is that we did not have any spare time to take photos. We did get some photos at dinner of the whole family...but I have cropped Mom and myself out of the photos in order to not post my DS.

Mom is wearing a fabulous new dress that she purchased from...*drum roll*...can you guess?...CACHE! It is a lovely coral color with gold accents. She wore her gold Helle Comfort Sandals again. And she is wearing her FIRE opals...aka Tequilla opals...because these were purchased after Mom and Dad's last trip to Cozumal AFTER an afternoon of drinking Nachi lemonade...aka margaritas on the rocks.

Mariner2012277-1.jpg

The coral is now gone, BUT this dress is now being offered in aqua, and it is a definite FIRE color:

http://www.cache.com/detail/lace-up-shoulder-dress/O5356A70253862/46

I am wearing a steal of a deal...seriously...a Chaps dress that I picked up on the clearance rack at Kohl's for 90% off...$8!! Woot woot! I decided to wear pearls: an inherited necklace with a pair of drop earrings and an inherited 3-strand bracelet. I wore those red shoes again.

Mariner2012277-2.jpg

Coming up...Our LAST Sea Day...:(