All things EARTH...

Anita, I'm loving your review. I have am going back and forth between the threads but I haven't been back over to the other one in a bit. I hope to get there shortly! When I was last reading, you were discussing Cococay. It sounds like your experience was not as good as ours, overall. I really love Cococay, and relaxing there.

I've been beyond busy at work since before I left on my Lake Placid trip. As a matter of fact, I almost didn't make that trip...I didn't mention it here, because I was trying to focus on good things but we have had a mess with new software, and it is necessary for a regulation that takes effect on Monday. The person responsible did not do what she needed to at the correct time. Long story short, since I'm the head of the department, I've been covering a few different jobs to free her up to work on this.

Anyway, it should be much better after this coming week!

I'm wearing an olive green tunic style sweater today, with pull on skinny pants in what I would call a dark sand color. They seem....neutral? They aren't really warm or cool, to me. They are away from my face so that is fine anyway. I have on a chevron stripe scarf (that's a huge deal, because I really don't like chevron) with a slightly warmer version of my pants color, olive green, a warm purple that is probably fire, and teal. All in all, it comes together.

I needed something warm! The high today is 55, but I would be surprised if it gets there. It was only 39 when we left for the gym this morning. I'm needing some more gym clothes, but I can add a thing at a time, as I find it. I really wish I could find earthy gym attire!

When my daughters and I go on our shopping trip later this month, the mall that we will be visiting has an Athleta store. I look forward to seeing it in person. Unfortunately, I too think they are very pricey. I did get a few swimsuits on sale that weren't bad a few months back. Maybe they will be having a sale? I hope.

I often think about what you refer to as athleisure. I think that the outfit I have on today is about where I land with that. It's not really athleisure I guess, but it picks up on the style but the fabrics are different. I do have a pair of brown yoga pants that may still fit...I will wear them at home or to the gym.

I'm thinking a lot about what I am buying right now, since just about everything that I had a year ago no longer fits. I'm trying to make good choices...I'm not sure how the rest of you think on this, but I find myself really thinking about whether I love something or I like it. And I'm very focused on earth colors. I can really see the difference when I wear a good color, so I want to keep that going.

Well, I'm off to run errands! I'm going to try and jump over to the fire thread and your Enchantment review, Anita!

Enjoyed your Enchantment review. Was on her way back in 2000 to enjoy Spring Break. Liked the size of the ship too.

For my China trip, I used the Vivienne Files idea. Two neutral bottom plus tops.

So my colours were black and beige for the bottoms. I only took white, black and turquoise as my top colours. I took black, beige and grey shoes or sandals. One rain proof jacket ( red) one black sweater, one grey hoodie.

Next time, I would take more tops either more colors or printed, for variety. I got tired of my tops! I wore short sleeves but many ladies on my tour wore sleeveless.

The humidity is high so having more tops is good as laundry takes days to dry!

Laurie! Like minds. I have on olive green thermal tunic with a chunky olive & topaz necklace. & my olive green nails [emoji6]. But I have slim cut dark wash jeans. We went to a retirement seminar today, lots of goodies. No new things for us just lots of coupons & free food. Good thing to do on a rainy day.ImageUploadedByForums1443917129.938730.jpg.91c0276d3d9e2f2f8ced8bae6d1936fe.jpg

Edited by awhfy

Very pretty nails, Ladies! Unfortunately my hospital allows no nail color..too much of a infection risk for our patients. So mine stay short and natural!!

We just got back from The Martian! It was a great movie! We do not see many but thought this looked interesting! So glad we went! It was 44 and drizzly so a movie sounded great! Brrrr!

I will definitely look at Kohls and target for yoga pants. I think I have looked at Athleta and decided the prices are too high since I am still losing. I don't mind the high wAists either as long as they are soft material (denim high waits just hurt!)..they go with the territory when you have a short body, long legs and buy talls!

Green and turquoise? I would never have thought of that! That would definitely feminine up the olive green! I will have to google it! I love google images!

Love the idea of the capsule wardrobe! That is definitely what I am working towards.

Lauri

Well ladies...

I'm off to FL tomorrow and I'm very excited about getting ready for the big family celebration. My parents are going to be so surprised.

The DS was here over the weekend and I was glad I got to see him before I leave for two weeks. We really enjoyed having him home for a few days. He's recouping great from all the drama he's been through and doing well. I just love that kid.

Okay, so I won't be posting here for the next two weeks so I want to wish everyone that are going off somewhere to have safe, fun, journeys. I'll report about the party when I get back from FL...Happy Trails....:D

Melody, I should have taken a picture!

Lauri, I never really thought about nail polish and infections.

I've often wondered about sizing of clothes, especially women's clothing. Have you noticed how with men's pants or jeans, they can get all these different lengths? I wish we could have more options like that. I sometimes find Calvin Klein jeans for a great price at Marshalls. Those seem to come in lengths such as 30, 32, etc. but Marshalls has a limited selection. I would imagine that getting them at a place that carries them regularly such as Macy's would be expensive. I've seen them on sale on their website though a few times for a good price.

Does anyone know where I can get straight leg track style pants for the gym that aren't black? I am very determined NOT to buy black if I can help it. Athletic clothing seems based on black and gray, with a few exceptions here and there. But as silly as it sounds, it seems that I always feel really great when wearing earth colors. I do accept that earth colors aren't the norm in athletic wear, so I look for colors that make me feel good. I usually opt for brights. I have some pretty bold print bottoms, that I wear with colorful tops.

I'm thinking that with the way the concept of athleisure is becoming more popular, they will eventually expand the variety of colors.

I'm excited for everyone who will be traveling soon.

Mousey, have a great time in Florida! It's good to hear that your son is getting re-settled.

Lauri, I'm glad that your son is getting situated too.

Melody, I forgot to tell you, but I stopped quick in Ulta today with my daughter. We were near a nail polish display so when I saw the brand that you buy, I had to check it out. That one color, gilded something...that is a really great, earthy color. it's green, it's gold, it's just a wonderful metallic. I think I would wear there readily. I've mentioned before that banking is conservative, so when I'm on vacation, it's hard for me to get used to the idea of wearing blue or green or colors like that. I think that color would be a very easy color to start with for me.

Does anyone know where I can get straight leg track style pants for the gym that aren't black?...Athletic clothing seems based on black and gray, with a few exceptions here and there.

If you find the pants...let us know. I have only ever found brown ONCE in capris and they were on a major sale and they had very limited sizes. They had Mom's size, so I bought them for her. Never again.

Black, gray, and the occasional navy.

The fact that my work used to be totally done in exercise clothing is one reason why I have so much black and gray still in my wardrobe. No choice.

Laurie I have gilded pleasures on right now it's really green with a gold cast. I'm having a difficult time getting used to it. I like the Svelte Suede a lot better. It's the one that gives a manikin hand look. I wasn't totally crazy about it on me either, but I do like it better than the green (on me). Melody

We are leaving for Gatlinburg Wednesday . Clothes are all ready to be packed . I am just taking casual clothes so it was pretty easy . We rented a large cabin since we are meeting my daughter , SIL & grandsons there . I can not wait to see them . It will be good to get away since I am in a home fix up mode and we have had projects going every week .

We leave with BFF and her DH on Wednesday and will be on the other side of the mountain in Waynesville, NC near the Maggie Valley area. I call these short trips "wear a pair, take a pair trips." Jeans, tees, and hoodies will be the order of the day for me. I may throw in a fleece so I can sit out on the cabin porch, but this is relaxation time at it's best.

Enjoy your time with family, Sally. Safe travels.

If you find the pants...let us know. I have only ever found brown ONCE in capris and they were on a major sale and they had very limited sizes. They had Mom's size, so I bought them for her. Never again.

Black, gray, and the occasional navy.

The fact that my work used to be totally done in exercise clothing is one reason why I have so much black and gray still in my wardrobe. No choice.

Izod Outlets used to have straight leg workout & yoga pants, very soft but all the outlets closed on 30 Sep. darn, I could have used a couple of pairs. I did find brown workout gear (mixed with teal or hot pink) at Macy's last year. It's fairly heavy stuff so I just pulled it out for (sigh) winter I'd forgotten all about it, maybe they still have it. It was the Macy's brand. Melody

We leave with BFF and her DH on Wednesday and will be on the other side of the mountain in Waynesville, NC near the Maggie Valley area. I call these short trips "wear a pair, take a pair trips." Jeans, tees, and hoodies will be the order of the day for me. I may throw in a fleece so I can sit out on the cabin porch, but this is relaxation time at it's best.

Have a great time, Debbie! Safe travels :)

I realize Sally and Debbie are on their trips...I hope they are having a good time!

I'm interrupting my own trip report to share. DS had a Chorus Concert last night. I've made the commitment to myself to NOT wear my usual yoga pants and/or other exercise related clothing to such events.

So here's my outfit:

P1110158_zpso0tqtafv.jpg

This is the same shirt that I think I just posted wearing on the cruise with my lace skirt. These capris are newer...they were a part of my purchases at Macy's a while back that I mentioned but didn't post pictures of. And I'm wearing those bronze oxfords that I bought to wear with my formal dresses on Allure.

Here's a close up to see the fun floral pattern on the capris and the "pattern/texture look" of the shirt:

P1110159_zpsv2ti90uq.jpg

I didn't take photos of my new Zoya polish before I did a bunch of housework and chipped it all up. Anyway, the color is called Tris and I'm lovin' it. Technically, it's a pewter color...but it has green undertones...it looks more gray/pewter or green depending on what it is next to:

P1110160_zpseyupf8cv.jpg

P1110161_zpshgcrjntr.jpg

P1110162_zpst7zrrlaf.jpg

For all the black loving ladies out there...I took it next to my handbag. Hopefully, you can see how this color stands up to the dark black but also looks great with the lighter and medium colors I'm wearing.

This is a fabulous neutral. It looks great next to everything IMO.

You are one put together Mom, Anita! You can see it in your face that you feel good and know you look great! It's amazing how a perfect new outfit can make you feel! Love the capris! I wear a lot of them since I am tall and it's hard to find tall pants, with capris, it just doesn't matter!

Love the nail polish too. I really should get a mani and pedi before we leave in two weeks.

How was the concert? I miss having those to go to! Enjoy it while you can! When we were at CMU last week, the marching band was playing and it was so fantastic to see and hear them. I miss our Marching Band days!

Hope everyone had safe travels and your time with family is rejuvenating!!

Lauri

Thanks Lauri!

I really like this new shirt. It's from Kohl's. That shirt you bought too...they had a couple different styles of that fabric...in an olive, a silver, and this kind of hybrid silver/tan color. Hey, it's on sale...it's the Champagne color:

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2118043/ab-studio-space-dye-necklace-top-womens.jsp?color=Olive

It was just a happy accident that it happened to go so well with the capris!

I haven't gotten a professional mani/pedi in forever. I end up doing my own these days. You should definitely do your nails before your cruise IMO!! If you've managed to put together something of a capsule for your cruise...then it can be easier to figure out a good color.

The concert was good. The chorus program has suffered a lot in recent years. As our middle school chorus teacher said, the chorus program was holding on by a thread. We have a new teacher...she is 22 years old, fresh out of college and totally enthusiastic and motivated to rebuild the program. It's a fun place for DS to be as a freshman and dedicated person in the program.

We've had multiple marching band competitions and exhibitions over the past week! It's been so crazy! I like watching all the bands though. All the themes and different personalities of the bands are really entertaining.

Lauri, you are getting so close...all of you ladies on that ship are! I still think it's very funny...all your cruises in a row on the same ship...

Anita, you look mahvalous! I found a Vinylux in gold! Trying it out on 2nd day working with more darn pavers [emoji57]. Holding up beautifully. Marching band competitions for DGD every weekend into Nov (as well as Symphonic, Jazz & cross country). Good thing we're retired! Melody

Edited by awhfy

Safe travels to everyone who's taking off soon. We had a great weekend in Vermont. It was supposed to be rainy, but because the hurricane went out to sea we ended up with some lovely weather. It rained cats and dogs on the way up, so it was a long trip, but worth it to see my favorite boy. :)

I have a few photos to post soon, but I'm not nearly as put together as Laurie. Like Debbie said, wear a pair and take a pair. It was 80 degrees the weekend before, and just 50 when we left, so I haven't done the big seasonal closet switch yet. As a result, my choices were a bit hit or miss. Also, I gained weight over the summer and I'm having some pants issues. :eek: It was back up to 80 today. It is so weird to wear a mix of summer and fall clothes in October!

Anita, I've been following both your reviews and it's so much fun. You look fab and it seems like you had a lot of fun. I was so happy to hear about your dancing! Yay! And that black bathing suit... so sexy and elegant.

My darling nephew gave me his cold, so I'm struggling through the first week of the new semester (training 40 new volunteers and taking on a new class next week, in addition to the two I already have). I'm going to have some soup and go to bed!

Margaret, were the leaves turning yet? They are just getting started here. I'm so glad you had a good time. Although I'm itching to travel already, I do have a few fun things coming up. Next Sunday,, me and two of my sisters are doing a bus wine tour. My sister joked that three sisters were going to Three Brothers Winery, lol. I will try to get a picture or two of us...you won't even be able to tell we are related. Then the following weekend is my trip to Rochester for shopping with my daughters.

Anita, I loved your outfit. I've always enjoyed getting casual outfits together as well as the dressy ones. I find it really makes a difference in how I feel.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Margaret, were the leaves turning yet? They are just getting started here. I'm so glad you had a good time. Although I'm itching to travel already, I do have a few fun things coming up. Next Sunday,, me and two of my sisters are doing a bus wine tour. My sister joked that three sisters were going to Three Brothers Winery, lol. I will try to get a picture or two of us...you won't even be able to tell we are related. Then the following weekend is my trip to Rochester for shopping with my daughters.

Anita, I loved your outfit. I've always enjoyed getting casual outfits together as well as the dressy ones. I find it really makes a difference in how I feel.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Laurie,

We went to Three Brothers winery when we visited my niece! We loved it there. Beautiful grounds..I bet they are even more gorgeous this time of year! Their wine slushies are amazing!

We absolutely loved the Thirsty Owl's wines. They had a Traminette that the sweet and dry wine lovers all thought was great. I bought a few bottles and saved one for our Anniversary cruise coming up.

Have a great time! How fun is that! My two best friends and I are going up North Sunday thru Tuesday. Same kind of deal...shopping, wineries, breweries, crocheting in bed..lots of laughs. Cannot wait!

Anita, glad your chorus program is reviving! So sad when the arts are not well supported. Neither of my kids were athletes, but they loved band, chorus, orchestra and they both acted in all the plays. So much fun!

We are 13 days and counting....

Off to work,

Lauri

Margaret...so glad to see you post! Very glad you had a good weekend...but sorry for your cold!!

Lauri...I don't want to give the impression that Fine Arts aren't supported at our school. Chorus has just been going through a rough patch because the long time teacher of Chorus left a couple years ago. I don't know if she retired or left unexpectedly, but for whatever reason, the school didn't hire a permanent replacement until this past summer. The third string band instructor was filling in...

And so Chorus suffered during the temps...

But it is back on track now, thankfully.

Thanks for all the complements!

I'll continue my pictodiary...

It's a Sea Day today. The weather is gray and overcast...and it is somewhat rainy...on and off.

I'm not sure why I was saving my last unused shirt for our travel day...but I was. I rewore the black shirt and newly wore my gray exercise capris:

P1110100_zps1g5pm793.jpg

It was chilly...so I was glad to have that JJill overshirt. I also wore my Jambu water friendly shoes. This is the style, but not the color:

http://www.planetshoes.com/item/jambu-tidal-terra-marine/30344/27f

These offer some of the best feeling footing on the wet pool deck! I like the soles of these A LOT...I haven't worn them on a cruise before and now I know that I will plan to bring them again and again because they feel so secure on the wet pool deck.

The JJill shirt photographs white, but it is that greige color:

P1110080_zpstwgjiwgk.jpg

It's a very lightweight knit. It traveled well and it was just enough to help with the chill of the weather and the indoor air conditioning.

The settings on my camera were giving me fits on this trip...so I apologize for the quality... Here is my dress for dinner:

P1110104_zpsco0lykzp.jpg

This is Desigual, a Barcelona purchase. Not all styles do, but many of their dresses had a good sized bodice...even with smaller shoulder straps...large enough that I can wear my regular supportive, everyday bras. There is a lace detail/trim that isn't readily apparent on the bodice...and obviously the fun decorative detail at the hem.

If you look hard, you may discern the applique butterflies in the decor on the dress. Otherwise, that decoration is a screen print on the fabric.

If you are updated on my other trip report thread...you know we packed late and then went to the midnight movie. While packing, we all changed into the clothes we planned to wear the following day for travel home...I guess technically, it WAS the following day!

I don't have a picture of just me on our travel home day...but I wore my green Athleta shirt, the black capris, the JJill overshirt, and those Jambu shoes. (My Zumba shoes were still feeling a bit damp in places from getting soaked in Nassau). You can see me in the mirror here:

P1110130_zpsaqiopgsy.jpg

I had planned to continue to wear the gray capris, but wouldn't you know...I had an issue and they got wet that day, so I just rewore the black capris...AGAIN. LOL.

And that's the end of my pictodiary!

To sum up...I wore everything that I brought, except for my extra swim suit.

The only thing that I wished I had packed but didn't was that white shirt that I debated against the butterscotch one. And the only reason I regretted not having it was because there was a White Night on board...not because I actually needed it.

I used my little blue handbag to carry my camera around. It's small, but still, it was overkill for just carrying a camera...but I appreciated having it. I haven't used a bag around ship before, always thinking that less was more...but a little bag is a blessing to have free hands. The bag is too small for my Kindle...so ideally, I'd like a bag that would be able to hold both. I think I might make myself one.

This was my first effort toward having a Vivienne Files inspired capsule wardrobe where I felt like I had a color scheme in addition to a mix and match. This really worked for me.