How can I prove I am a past guest of Carnival?

deb4kids

What ever they use is not fool proof. I have a very common last name, not Smith, but the other common name, beginning with J. I also have a common first name, begins with S. I had my first cruise with Carnival in Jan. They had me as a repeat, doing 2 previous cruises. Not sure how they get their info.

I am a past guest of Carnival, but it can't be proven since I cruised in 1989. It was our first cruise (our honeymoon) on Sept 4, 1989. We cruised on the Carinvale which has been retired and Carnival's records do not go back to 1989. I was told, I couldn't use a picture, it had to be a ticket, which I don't have.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Rest assured, regardless of what the negatoids say here, you have the right info. We had the same problem with our 1988 Carnivale cruise. They said they could use the embarkation photo (which we had and you say you have) showing the ship name and date and also a copy of our drivers license. We scanned them in and emailed it to them and it was in our past history record 2 days later. If a PVP says you can do that, ask another one. We just did it last month.

I'm about to go on my 38th Carnival Cruise, but Carnival thinks it's my 25th (milestone) cruise. I was able to add several just with the booking numbers and sailing dates. Plus I had to combine two past guest numbers. They were both mine, but some for some cruises and some for others. Unfotunately, I never though about saving all the information, so there are 13 other cruises which I don't have credit for because there were older ones and I have no paperwork. I have some pictures, but no embarkation pictures. In fact, I can't tell which picture is from which cruise becuse I did several of the same ships more than once.

Oh well, the 25% OBC would be fine, since I didn't expected it when I kept returning again and again to Carnival for cruises. The Plantnium VIP has been a big plus to make me choose Carnival over other cruise lines. Sometimes just boarding VIP makes it so worthwhile.

Good luck with you proof. I still had my first boarding pass from my first cruise in 1989, but I can't find it now that I want it as proof.

I had the same problem. I was fortunate to have made a note of my cabin # and date. I just sent an e-mail to Carnival with that information and it was taken care of. Good luck. Hope they fix it for you.

Going through the same thing now for me. I have two cruises I need credit for. I do have proof in the form of my origional boarding passes. One is from April 8, 1990 and the other is from Secember 2, 1993.

Just not sure where to send this information.. I can mail it to them.... do you know where you sent your info?

Thank you;)

I actually had my original ticket, a luggage tag, boarding pass and dining room assignment card from my first Carnival cruise on the Tropicale back in 1985. I had put them in my photo album with all the pictures from that trip. I scanned them and emailed to my PVP; didn't take long to get credit for it.

i was on the maiden voyage of the celebration in march 1987 and one night we received photo albums with the celebration logo on it. when i got the pictures developed i included our sign n sail cards, luggage tags, the hand written receipts, etc. lucky for me! i sent them a copy of the hand written receipt from march 1987 and i got credit!! :D

In 2009 I needed credit for a prior cruise from 1992. The reservation was in my maiden name and booked by my mother. A few people at Carnival told me they couldn't find it but after calling back a few times one of the reps "looked back in the old records" and found it.

crazy question but what does multiple cruises do for you? We have just booked our first one--but obviously they track it--do you get a better rate?

thanks

Amy

On your second cruise there is the Past Guest rate. On your 10th cruise you become a platinum guest with a few privileges you can find via an easy google search.

I want to thank everyone for their input. I definitely do have our picture of us boarding the Carnivale on Sept 4, 1989. I will email this picture, along with our photo ids, eventhough we have put on some weight over the last 22 years.;)

Why not? How do you prove that someone in a 22 year old picture is you? OP needs a ticket or something like that unless they have a S & S card.

They took a picture of us on the Fantasy in 1991 with our current picture ID and credited us with that cruise. I'm sure they can see a resemblance between then and now!! In spite of all the hair color changes!!!

I've always found that cruise-cards really don't take up a lot of space in the house. ;)

So I keep them. Hard to believe for some people, I know.

Even if I couldn't produce every Carnival card ever issued to me and The Wife

I also keep a record of every cruise, every cabin number, dates On and Off the ship,

where we went to, how many nights on board

but maybe that's just me. :)

Cruising is obviously so inconsequential to some people

that they don't keep memories and stuff??

Daughter and son in law booked cruise on Fasination for KeyWest/Cozumel for departure 11/14/2005-paid in full. However, due to death in son inlaw family on 11/14/2005, they did not board. Carnival said they can not find records-are they considered past guest? Any idea how to obtain booking or guest number?

Going through the same thing now for me. I have two cruises I need credit for. I do have proof in the form of my origional boarding passes. One is from April 8, 1990 and the other is from Secember 2, 1993.

Just not sure where to send this information.. I can mail it to them.... do you know where you sent your info?

Thank you;)

I just cruised with a newly single friend. They showed no cruise history for her. She took her past cruise information to the pursers desk (Elation) on board and they updated her cruise history and gave her a new S & S card.

It was quick and easy enough & worth the effort.

I'd take my past proof with me and let them update it in front of my own eyes so it would be settled.

I was told yesterday that Carnival doesn't have computer records prior to 1995. Anything prior to 1995 will be hard to prove. Good luck

That can't be right. Our profile shows cruises from 1990 and 1993 and they were there the first time we logged in so they have to be in the system somewhere.

i have always been surprised that Carnival would accept a random photo sent in from a person . Not saying people are dishonest, but its fairly easy to find thousands of old embarkations pictures online. Its not as if Carnival knows what anyone looks like

Frankly I am suprised that you are suprised. Although pleasant for frequent

cruisers, Carnival perks really have very little real cost to the company itself.

I'm sure they are not going to welcome fraudulent claims but it is in their interest to

allow previous cruise claims.

Frankly I am suprised that you are suprised. Although pleasant for frequent

cruisers, Carnival perks really have very little real cost to the company itself.

I'm sure they are not going to welcome fraudulent claims but it is in their interest to

allow previous cruise claims.

You also have to submit picture ID such as a drivers license. While peoples looks may change some over years, you can tell whether it is the same person or not.

Hubby and I took a cruise together in 1990. His has shown up on hishistory. But mine does not. We have had a basement flood and moved since that time. I can only find one picture and its our formal night. I've sent emails etc to CCL. They won't accept the formal pic since it has no identifying markers. It clearly shows hubby and I together and is from that cruise. I keep digging through old memorabilia as I find it looking for a boarding pic, the little booklet our original tickets came in, or our s&s card, but still no luck finding anything to give me my 1st cruise back. I think its crazy that they could find his records from then and yet not mine when we have always sailed together!

I hope you got the credit by now.

But when I got mine I did not go through a PVP, I went through a special Department. Perhaps, past guests, I could look up the info.

You have the date, I had the date, and I was on an inaugural cruise with Jubilee. I also had a TA and I gave that name and address as well as my own and all pax traveling with me.

When they locate your name on the the Old record and "match" what you send in (the aforementioned names and addresses), ...well I got it like that.....recently.

According to John Heald, someone sent in a picture claiming to be from 1999 except he was wearing a Tampa Bay Bucs Superbowl shirt in the picture from 2002.

I saw this and Loved it. I bet the person is still wondering what the problem was

Hubby and I took a cruise together in 1990. His has shown up on hishistory. But mine does not. We have had a basement flood and moved since that time. I can only find one picture and its our formal night. I've sent emails etc to CCL. They won't accept the formal pic since it has no identifying markers. It clearly shows hubby and I together and is from that cruise. I keep digging through old memorabilia as I find it looking for a boarding pic, the little booklet our original tickets came in, or our s&s card, but still no luck finding anything to give me my 1st cruise back. I think its crazy that they could find his records from then and yet not mine when we have always sailed together!

We have a couple of pictures form the Tropicale for a 1988-1989 sailing - don't remember the exact date - that we don't have "credit" for. The photos have "Tropicale" printed diagonally on the corner. I wonder if CCL would consider that enough of an identifying mark. I may give it a shot.

Tim

I am a past guest of Carnival, but it can't be proven since I cruised in 1989. It was our first cruise (our honeymoon) on Sept 4, 1989. We cruised on the Carinvale which has been retired and Carnival's records do not go back to 1989. I was told, I couldn't use a picture, it had to be a ticket, which I don't have.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

"Follow the money:" Do you perhaps have a cancelled check or any other way of verifying that you paid for the cruise? That would be the best way, apart from the embarkation or other photo(s) others have mentioned. Also, did you meet anyone on the cruise with whom you have stayed in touch (or gone on other cruises with) who snapped a photo of you? Dated photos of the last night in the dining room? Photos of a special occasion such as a birthday? anniversary? your celebrating with other honeymooners? Also, is the travel agent who booked the cruise for you still in business? Even if this person no longer has records, a written statement from that person may be just what you need.

I also agree with the folks who have advised that you need to take this to a higher level. We wrote a letter to Gerry Cahill, President and CEO of Carnival, and our "challenge" was resolved in our favor in no time flat.

GOOD LUCK!

Archived