Where would you like the Carnival Breeze's home port to be?

John&John

Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?  

621 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like Carnival Breeze's Home Port to be?

• Fort Lauderdale
    • Miami
    • Galveston
    • Los Angeles
    • Port Canaveral
    • other

Just trying to "share the love"! :)

She heads back to Europe in April or early May (not exactly sure), then returns in the fall. After the return, it looks like it will be an eastern route EACH week.

Tom

Thanks for sharing the love.;) I am doing some research now for a birthday cruise in Feb. 2012. I already have 2 other cruises (Celebrity and Carnival) booked. I guess I am feeling a little disloyal....not really.:D

Thanks for sharing the love.;) I am doing some research now for a birthday cruise in Feb. 2012. I already have 2 other cruises (Celebrity and Carnival) booked. I guess I am feeling a little disloyal....not really.:D

I fully understand!

I make a point to relay both good and bad about other ships, mainly on the Carnival board since that's where we started. If people don't take a little risk and try other things which are out there from time to time, they are doing themselves a disservice. Ignorance is not always bliss (though it may seem that way, LOL)!

When we first tried out Celebrity, I was immediately impressed - though it was not until having a few cruises with them that we tried the Solstice, and that initial feeling increased substantially. We tried NCL (Sky) back in June of last year and liked what we saw (factoring in that it was an older ship on a short itinerary). The Epic gave me that same feeling of WOW that the Solstice did - except with A LOT more to do. The suite complex on the Epic is something to experience. I am sure we would have still liked the cruise, but that aspect helped to "hit it out of the park"!

I like the Carnival product, but am becoming bored with it... who wouldn't ? ! ?

Tom

I like the Carnival product, but am becoming bored with it... who wouldn't ? ! ?
I read somewhere that John Heald says Carnival is about to re-invent itself

relegating Joe Farcus' crazy decor to just two spaces on ships

new upper Management, etc.

I guess it's about time?

I read somewhere that John Heald says Carnival is about to re-invent itself

relegating Joe Farcus' crazy decor to just two spaces on ships

new upper Management, etc.

I guess it's about time?

LOL

Well -- we all know how the PR machine works, now don't we? :D

Tom

I was actually thinking of which port actually has room for the Breeze without the port itself being overloaded.

I see CCL shuffling ships again when the Breeze enters the US in Fall 2012(assuming it does some Europe cruises first).

Have the Breeze homeported in Fort Lauderdale and take over the Freedom's 6 & 8 day itinerary. It's been some time since southern Florida has seen a new Carnival ship. Move the Freedom to San Juan and have it do some new southern itineraries(some various 9 day cruises, too). The Victory moves to Miami and takes over the Glory's itinerary and the Glory stays in NY year round.

FALL 2012

Galveston: Magic(7 days), Triumph(4/5)

New Orleans: Conquest(7), Elation(4/5)

Tampa: Legend(7), Paradise(4/5)

Miami: Valor(7), Liberty(7), Victory(7), Destiny(4/5), Imagination(3/4)

Fort Lauderdale: Breeze(6/8), Miracle(8)

San Juan: Freedom(7/9)

Port Canaveral: Dream(7), Ecstasy(4/5), Sensation(3/4)

Jacksonville: Fascination(4/5/7)

Charleston: Fantasy(5/6/7)

Baltimore: Pride(7)

New York: Glory(various)

Los Angeles: Splendor(7), Inspiration(3/4)

Sydney: Spirit(various)

I was actually thinking of which port actually has room for the Breeze without the port itself being overloaded.

I see CCL shuffling ships again when the Breeze enters the US in Fall 2012(assuming it does some Europe cruises first).

Have the Breeze homeported in Fort Lauderdale and take over the Freedom's 6 & 8 day itinerary. It's been some time since southern Florida has seen a new Carnival ship. Move the Freedom to San Juan and have it do some new southern itineraries(some various 9 day cruises, too). The Victory moves to Miami and takes over the Glory's itinerary and the Glory stays in NY year round.

FALL 2012

Makes as much sense as anything else I have read

I wouldn't mind seeing another ship in San Diego. San Diego just finished a new (2nd) terminal. But all the lines are pulling out because of problems in Mexico. I would like to see some cruises up & down the Pacific Coast, San Diego, Catalina, Long Beach/LA, Monterrey, San Francisco, Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver... I think they'd do great here.:cool:

I wouldn't mind seeing another ship in San Diego. San Diego just finished a new (2nd) terminal. But all the lines are pulling out because of problems in Mexico. I would like to see some cruises up & down the Pacific Coast, San Diego, Catalina, Long Beach/LA, Monterrey, San Francisco, Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver... I think they'd do great here.:cool:

I understand your wanting it, but there are way to many favotrs to add a ship to the west coast. Issues in Mexico, very soft economy and not a lot of choices of ports. My guess is you will be lucky to stay where you are now in terms of ships.

NOLA deserves a new ship.

New Orleans will have less than a year to prove that she is indeed BACK....

IF both Carnival ships starting in November can pull the revenue (especially with NCL and RCCL being there)....then who knows....maybe?????

FALL 2012

Good Ideas. I would enjoy seeing some new destinations from Puerto Rico. I would enjoy any new destinations at this point

I picked Ft. Lauderdale because the flights from NYC are normally cheaper out of there LOL. However, NYC would be great, I could drive to the port. I just wish NYC cruises went somewhere else besides the Bahamas and Bermuda for 7 day cruises.

Just my two cents here....

I have said for a while that Carnival will place another mega ships (Dream Class) in either Ft Lauderdale or Miami. The reason is that they can do an alternating schedule with the Dream. When the Dream is doing eastern itin the Breeze will do the western and vise versa. This way people that want to do the megas can pick between the two depending on the weeks they can vacation.....

Just my two cents here....

I have said for a while that Carnival will place another mega ships (Dream Class) in either Ft Lauderdale or Miami. The reason is that they can do an alternating schedule with the Dream. When the Dream is doing eastern itin the Breeze will do the western and vise versa. This way people that want to do the megas can pick between the two depending on the weeks they can vacation.....

If one thing is clear about their recent moves, it is that they are looking at reducing costs (sailing as well as others). Looks like an abandonment of the "put one in every city" concept. Look for more of that coming up with the rest of the (re)placements.

FALL 2012

A lot of this makes sense except for San Juan. I also would like to see more Southern Caribbean cruises from San Juan except Carnival is not able to fill up the Carnival Victory at decent rates now, so I don't see a Conquest class ship going to San Juan. Just saw some 7 day Victory cruises for $299.

Galveston and Port Canaveral both have a Dream class ship. Can a dream class ship fit under the Skyway Bridge? It will be two big for Alaska. I would think Ft. Lauderdale or maybe Miami. The Caribbean is the biggest cruise draw for passengers. They would also want to get full use out of the waterworks that cost a lot to put on the ship. :)

Archived