My reservations on HAL website and questions about mariner's society

steve4031

I am sure this has been asked before, and I did do a search using the key work "my reservations". But to no avail.

I booked with a TA and have received the booking number for my Zuiderdam cruise in June of 2012. I have already created a profile and login on HAL. After receiving the booking number I went to the HAL website to add the booking number. Based on what I read it sounded like my reservation would appear within 24 hours if I had booked through HAL. I did not see any directions for dealing with a TA booking.

So my first question: Is my booking going to magically show up in the next day or so? Or is there another process that I am unaware of?

The second thing is that I was looking at the mariner's society, and it looks like it might be possible to get credit for my Carnival Cruises. I was not expecting this, but this definitely would be icing on the cake. In the past few years I have completed 10 days of sailing on Carnival ( 2 5 day cruises). Our there any benefits that I should be aware of?

Thank you all for your patience and help.

We booked through our TA and the reservation showed up on HAL with in 48 hrs. This may depend on if you booked on a weekend or not, I would think HAL only adds reservations Mon - Fri.

Hope this helps

And see the best I might get is some sort of welcome gift that a returning guess would receive.

Is the embarkation lunch different from what everyone else gets? And what is the Mariner's lunch? I like eating so these might be worth angling for.

Even if I get nothing, this is going to be an exciting cruise. Thanks for your help.

And see the best I might get is some sort of welcome gift that a returning guess would receive.

Is the embarkation lunch different from what everyone else gets? And what is the Mariner's lunch? I like eating so these might be worth angling for.

Even if I get nothing, this is going to be an exciting cruise. Thanks for your help.

Don't get too excited. It's probably a HAL tile. Some people seem to like them but I don't even accept them now. The embarkation lunch is just a lunch in the dining room. Sometimes everyone can go, sometimes only 3 or 4 star mariners. The mariners lunch is a very limited menu with a glass of champagne. It doesn't do anything for me so I rarely go. It wouldn't hurt to try it to see if you like it. Enjoy your cruise:)

It sounds like this your first time on HAL. I suspect if your TA gave your Carnival number to HAL, they would immediately create a mariner account for you and your cruise would show up under your account without a need to enter your booking number.

Does this sound reasonable to the HAL veterans?

Roy

Your Carnival cruise days entitle you to any repeaters discount and your TA would know if there was any. You become a Mariner but you do not get credit for Carnival days counted into your HAL Mariner day count. Same applies for Princess, Cunard, Seabourn, Costa etc.... all the Carnival Family of ships.

I really didn't expect the carnival stuff to make a difference. Quite honestly, I think my first experience with HAL will stand alone as outstanding.

Time to plan excursions and count days. Lol.

I am sure this has been asked before, and I did do a search using the key work "my reservations". But to no avail.

I booked with a TA and have received the booking number for my Zuiderdam cruise in June of 2012. I have already created a profile and login on HAL. After receiving the booking number I went to the HAL website to add the booking number. Based on what I read it sounded like my reservation would appear within 24 hours if I had booked through HAL. I did not see any directions for dealing with a TA booking.

So my first question: Is my booking going to magically show up in the next day or so? Or is there another process that I am unaware of?

The second thing is that I was looking at the mariner's society, and it looks like it might be possible to get credit for my Carnival Cruises. I was not expecting this, but this definitely would be icing on the cake. In the past few years I have completed 10 days of sailing on Carnival ( 2 5 day cruises). Our there any benefits that I should be aware of?

Thank you all for your patience and help.

I just went through all of this.

It took an e-mail to both my T/A & HAL to get it to show up under "My Reservations".

Before that HAL, through live chat, had told me to just wait another 24 hours but days went by so I called.

They then assigned me a temporary Mariner's # (you don't get a permanent number until you actually sail).

I also have sailed Carnival & was going to mention that but forgot.

Let me know if it works.

Before my first HAL cruise, the one star Mariner logo appeared on all my cruise documents and seapass card. I was told HAL gave me the courtesy status because I have cruised with Princess and Carnival before. The only thing it entitles you to is the Mariner's brunch and the welcome back gift, the tile. Still, it's a nice form of recognition.

I just went through this with mine (and I am not new to HAL), the problem with mine was the e-mail address was not entered on the reservation.

Kirk

Kirk, I honestly do not believe that was your problem, the problem was your Mariner number was not used when making the reservation. Once the Mariner number was placed on your reservation it will instantly appear.

I have booked many a HAL client with NO email address but if they are a Mariner I always use their Mariner number and it instantly shows up for them.

The change was in place after logging out and logging back in. Also saw that I had a mariners number and a symbol in my profile. So I think they know about my carnival stuff too. Pretty impressive.

Kirk, I honestly do not believe that was your problem, the problem was your Mariner number was not used when making the reservation. Once the Mariner number was placed on your reservation it will instantly appear.

I have booked many a HAL client with NO email address but if they are a Mariner I always use their Mariner number and it instantly shows up for them.

As I said in the other thread, what you are saying makes sense; however they have my Mariners number on the reservation. I just went and verified they did by acting like I wanted to do the online check-in. It shows the correct number yet it is not linked to "My Account". They have instructions under the "My Account" that says

"If your reservation is over 24 hours old and is still not appearing, please click My Details to review your account details and add any missing information so that we may connect you with your reservation. Everything you need to manage your booking is right here: you can view your booking details; see your customer itinerary and book shore excursions; check-in online; purchase onboard gifts and more. To get started please click the buttons below."

The information that you can verify is name, address, phone number, e-mail address and mariner number so I assume that is what they match on.

I guess I will call again tomorrow and maybe get someone a little more helpful at HAL.

Kirk

As I said in the other thread, what you are saying makes sense; however they have my Mariners number on the reservation. I just went and verified they did by acting like I wanted to do the online check-in. It shows the correct number yet it is not linked to "My Account". They have instructions under the "My Account" that says

"If your reservation is over 24 hours old and is still not appearing, please click My Details to review your account details and add any missing information so that we may connect you with your reservation. Everything you need to manage your booking is right here: you can view your booking details; see your customer itinerary and book shore excursions; check-in online; purchase onboard gifts and more. To get started please click the buttons below."

The information that you can verify is name, address, phone number, e-mail address and mariner number so I assume that is what they match on.

I guess I will call again tomorrow and maybe get someone a little more helpful at HAL.

Kirk

Kirk, do you by chance have two Mariner numbers and or do you have two different phone numbers that are attached to these bookings. Not having an email address attached to a reservation makes no sense of why it is not showing up when you pull up your account on HAL's web site.

I personally have three current HAL cruises booked and when booked of course they were done thru a TA :D but my email address was never used in the booking but my home phone number was, as well as my Mariner numbers. I pulled up on HAL a few minutes after booking the third one and it already appeared. So that is why I find it confusing.

In recent times I have also found where past passengers of HAL do in fact have two different Mariner numbers, they may have one that is connected to their home phone and if by chance a TA books another cruise using a cell or business number HAL cannot find that number so they assign you another Mariner number. I saw one last week that they actually had three Mariner numbers :eek:

Could it be possible you gave the TA a different phone number?

No I actually was able to verify that the "problem" reservation has the correct mariner number so I have just the one. I went ahead and called HAL back and a very pleasant woman (unlike my earlier experience) looked at all three reservations and than put me on hold for several minutes. She came back and said they had "refreshed" the problem reservation and it should appear within 24 hours. SHe did not say what the problem was but it seemed pretty clear they felt they had fixed it. So we now await for it to appear :D.

Kirk

Archived