“Live” from Allure March 20th 2011!

Hi all, just qucik one for now as I only have few minutes.. Soo much to tell since last night. today was st Thomas it was great:) did the skyride was beautiful scenery!!!

yes I was talking abt the aqua theatre pool sorry..... the water was all over the jogging track. Jes shows r tonight - so have spent a fair bit of time with him which is great,He is allowed to go pretty much where i go as long as i am with him.

Ill write more later on as we are about to sailway and jes has training hopefully that I want to watch.

Rising tide bar is working went on it last night was great:)

iphones are not back on yet... they said hopefully soon though.

More later on...

Enjoy... this video and your cruise Barbi!

You guys are about 4 minutes in. Note that the audio doesn't start until after about 18 seconds and there is a special "bonus track" to mark your appearance. :)

David.

www.portfever.com

WOW, just watched that video on a 55" screen. I really can't wait!

WOW – It’s still all a whirlwind LOL........when do we rest?????Saw LOTS of people yawning today haha....and sitting closing their eyes for a brief moment in the hope they will be refreshed and able to go on LOL...

Last night was great – went to lots of places. Was really cool as we had a few of the crew come along with us as they can only go in certain areas if they have a guest with them so it was good to meet and chat with some of the casts! What was REALLY cool haha- was when we went into the Jazz club, sitting right next to us was the lead cast members of production show Chicago.... so they were all chatting with our group -was coolJ hehe...... I’m like oh wow- that’s the lead lady from Chicago!!! Eeeeekkkk.... hahah....everyone’s like yeh- of course it is LOL. We also went to the family disco night in the nightclub – was cute to see all the little kids getting it down on the dance floor. They had a contest for best dancer and best hoola hooper....One little girl was really good at dancing! Wonder if she will be on RCC when she is older?.I reckon I could be a good “Kids activities cruise person” mmmmJ. Hhaha oh yeh - too funny- the jazz singer looked at me really weird when we went in and she said I looked like her singing teacher!!! Hahah I can’t sing for nuts LMAO!!Had a ride on the rising tide bar too – only took about 3 minutes to go up!!!Was fun though..

We then went to the party in the solarium. This was fun!! Great music, great atmosphere, great people. Met the cruise director and more of the cast members from different shows – divers, dancers, skaters etc.... Was a good nightJDanced for hours!!! Had room service for dinner yum....Steak sandwich and choc tart - $3.95 charge as after 12 – which was fine - bargainJ Think I got to bed abt 3am eeek......Theres just soo much to do on this ship – I really don’t know when you are supposed to sleep!

Day 4.

I actually slept really well – about 5hrs so not too bad - so comfy and dark – lucky I set my alarm.

The rockyness has been ok – you can feel the ship move, but haven’t felt sick except for when it first started getting a bit rocky but one tablet then just incase and I’ve been fine since. It’s not that rocky that you fall over or anything – but you do know you are on a ship. You can feel it more on the upper decks.

We docked in St Thomas today. Got off the ship at 10am. Then we got a taxi (ha these are not your normal taxis!! – they are open air truck kind of transport ) they fit 12 – 16 people in them! So we got a taxi to the sky ride. Cost $5 each person each way.. We didn’t have to wait long – no line ups.... The view was nothing short of SPECTACULAR!!! It was soo breathtaking. We walked up a bit higher to get some more photos and videos. After coming back down on the skyride, there was a long line of people waiting to get on – I’m sooo glad we went there first – we just bought our tickets at the skyride $19 each – didn’t book or anything. Then we walked up the road a bit and had some lunch . Then we walked back down and went to some shops and kmart – kmart was very different to an Aussie kmart!. After that we got a taxi back to the markets which we had passed on the way to the skyride. Great bargains and lots of handmade things and clothes and gifts. We bought some gifts and Jes bought me lots of b’day pressies yayayyaJ Some nice clothes and awesome dolphin earrings yayay! There were 5 ships in dock today – they have 2 docks.

We got back on the ship about 4pm. An hr early – we were both all shopped out haha....Jes needed to rest a bit before his shows tonight, and i was pretty much exhausted! Bought a cupcake from the cupcake cupboard OMG!!! YUMMMMM.... so yummy – couldn’t eat it all in one go tho so had the rest later on..... Went and watched Jes train – not much training hahah just a few jumps and flips on the tramp....ha ha and i saw the hippo from Madagascar bounce on the tramp and fall over - soo funny..... The shows that were postponed due to the rockyness, were both on tonight. Gee it’s a great show – so exciting, bright, entertaining and well just WOW!! And not just because Jes is in it – it really is a fantastic show on all levels....the high divers and the” strong men” are just mindblowing.... There were a few spare seats for both shows – im guessing as it wasn’t in the compass as they were postponed shows and people who had booked got notice abt the change so maybe not so many without reservations .I found the later show audience much more participating hahah – maybe they had a few more drinks than the 7pm group....LOL......I have made it to all 4 aqua shows so far – being in a different place each time – some standing on different decks, some sitting in the audience, you can see the show from the upper decks also, and every show has had a standing ovation!!! Just great – and i must say these guys and girls really do work hard – they must be exhausted after each show! But they love it so all good...jes said he is learning to “fly” (on like a wire that comes out of the water and they fly up in the air) and does it in the show from next week – bum Ill miss itL Its funny – at training, I was talking to Jes in the stands, and a couple overheard us talking and asked if we were Australian because of our accent –and my “ayes” after sentences which is a qld trait LOL - hahahha yesss! Some Aussies! Yayyayayya..... SO funny – turned out they live in Qld and about 10 mins from here we live!!!! Small world....

Lots of people out and about tonight – there are some great sales on the promenade – things like watches and jewellery...... Lots of people young and old are about and the atmosphere is great tonight – I think everyone must have had a great day at St MartinJ

As for me – id be happy to have a quiet one , lol don’t know if that is going to happen or not – have to wait and see. Tomorrow we are in St Maarten – I’m told I’m driving a quad bike!!!!! Eeek on the wrong side of the road of course – so that’s going to be interesting!!!!!Better have an early night..

Over and out....

Wow!! Looks like you're having such a great time! haha After reading your live posts, I want to go on Allure NOW! lol!

Just a quick question, is Allan Brooks on Allure right now?

haha YES I AM!!!! and YES YOU SHOULD!!!!! hehe..

And yes he is on board as Crusie director:)

Wow!! Looks like you're having such a great time! haha After reading your live posts, I want to go on Allure NOW! lol!

Just a quick question, is Allan Brooks on Allure right now?

This is Allen Brooks last sailing for this contract and then he goes on vacation and wouldn't be returning to sometime in June....couldn't answer to where.

Really enjoying your review. Thanks again for taking the time out to do it live.

Regarding the rising tide bar, is there a time limit on how long you can stay on? And does it operate all day or just at night (and I mean when it's functioning. :D)

This is Allen Brooks last sailing for this contract and then he goes on vacation and wouldn't be returning to sometime in June....couldn't answer to where.

Hi Steve, that's a bummer. Any idea who is replacing him?

Barbi,

I've been re-living my Allure cruise of 2 weeks ago by reading your live review. Thanks again for sharing your impressions with us. I know it takes time to type your posts, and just wanted to let you know your efforts are appreciated.

I laughed out loud when I saw your cupcake photo. My husband and I took a cupcake pix as well. I also can relate to eating those monstrous treats in phases: they're delicious but sooooo large! Someone here or on another thread suggested that they should offer mini cupcakes. Sounds like a good idea to me. That way you could try more flavors during the week. I had to stop at 1! Guess that makes me a bit of a cupcake lightweight!

Glad you had a good time in St. Thomas. Your Paradise Point photos were great. What a view. And as a fellow shopping enthusiast, I was happy to read that you found a few fun items to purchase. Good for the local economy, too.

Enjoy St. Maarten! Keep on posting and we'll keep on reading!

Wow Barbi, you ARE having a fantastic time! When we were on Oasis last year, we didn't do anywhere near the amount that you have done, but then again we do have 2 young kids so the night time party life isn't really for us;) I have to agree that an Oasis/Allure cruise, is not exactly a relaxing vacation (unless you don't want to do anything), because there is just SO much to do and since you're there you might as well do it all! There's time to sleep on your looonnnggg journey home;)

LOVE your pictures! I wish I was there now but need to wait 2 more months....We're doing the Western Route this time, but I do love the views from St. Thomas. Absolutely gorgeous.

BTW, was that a picture of the Chocolate Torte, or one of the cupcakes? Either way, OMG that looks divine!!!

OMMGGGG!!!!! This was soooo much FUN!!!! I wanna do it again!!!!

Today we got quad bikes in St Maartin and drove all round the Island!!! Ive never driven a quad bike before – and NEVER on the road especially the WRONG side of the road with all the traffic!!!! LOLOLOL....

A short walk to the bike place from the pier, and off we went on two quad bikes. Jesses friend on one in front and me driving the 2nd one eeekkkk. HAHHAAH was sooo funny – Jes on the back – talk about back seat driver! But i liked it hahah as I was really nervous. Soon got the hang of it though and off we went – wheeeeee! It was sooo much fun! I so want to do it again! Was a real challenge with the traffic –especially going around roundabaouts the wrong way!!! only got blasted once for going to slow LOL right at the start....The bike backfired once and scared the living daylights out of me LOL.... We drove to the other side of the Island – the French side – and had crepes for brekky – YUM – I was also told to buy a crossaint – which was oh just the BEST .....Then off on the bikes again and up over some hills and some absolutely breathtaking views... Stopped to take some pics, and i got jes to hold the video camera on record while going along – lol – don’t know how much he got – but im sure it includes the jerking back and fwd as I learnt to use the throttle LOL.... We then went to a beach – Grand Case – wow! Just beautiful – not too many people – some other crew and a few other tourists – the water colour is just an absolute breathtaking aqua colour – wow!!!We stayed there for a while, the water was beautiful and refreshing. Very hot today on St Maartin – I wonder how hot it gets in summer!. Then off again on the bikes, and to the other side again (port side) and parked and went around all the shops in the main part of town. Had fun looking , but didnt buy anything – all shopped out from St Thomas the other day i think! St Maartin is such a pretty place – very cuteJ Loved it....

Jes had to be back on board at 3.15pm which was fine as I was so hot and tired and very glad to be back on the ship in the nice air conJ. Not sure what’s on tonight – Jes has 2 more shows (last ones for this cruise), then he does Madagascar dive show on Saturday.......

OMG its nearly over L no no no no......... mmmm hang on I still have 2 days left yayaay! HHAHAH.

Overheard first domestic argument today from a couple – tired Id say......Lots of happy but burnt and tired people back on the ship when i got back on. When we first got off the ship – the line for tours was really long , the lines for taxis was short ...... think there were 3 ships in port today ....

Well, ill try and get some more pics up, then freshen up and see whats on tonight. Feel like a showJ

Loving this cruise – don’t wanna get off!!!!

Hooray an update! I love how yours always start with OMG! I can't wait to see the pics of these quad bikes. I don't even know what they are. So glad you're having fun. Sure wish I was there with you! So much better than here doing taxes!

Phew............................

Spent about 1 hour to get caught up!

Thanks for taking the time for posting, and love the pics.

With your thread, I can not wait till June till my family gets the chance to try her out first hand! Please keep up with the pics and keep posting!

thanks to all of you who reply - makes me keep posting - lol - never know if anyone is reading it or not?

well after my last post- jes rang and said wanna get the ice show? Im yep for sure - so we met and got good seats. 5 mins b4 show start - he said wow theres no one on spots (spotlights - they all do this as an extra job) ill just go check see if they need anyone. And yup sure enough he got scooped up to do spots......But thats ok - I wanted to go to the show anyway:) I can honestly say - that the ice skating show is my favourite- oops sorry Jes - of course the dive show is - BUT the ice show is just amazing!!! The costumes, the cast, the technique of these athletes is just amazing - and also their faces, their enthusiasm, their look, their grace..... Just an amazing cast and an amazing show:) LOVE it.......

After the ice show we went shopping haha funny saying that at after 10pm LOL. Really good bargains on the boardwalk tonight - Jes wanted to buy Grandma a present and best mate jordan for his bday also:) he even bought me a pink watch yayayyayay.....

After that we went to the schooner bar where the guy was doing a Billy Joel/Elton John night - was good - lots of people singing along...... then had one drink in the nightclub, and then off to bed. Wow the time goes soo fast here - its now 2.30am..... Im sleeping in- in the morning - first morning since Ive been away - oh hang on theres the belly flop comp at 11.15am - oh yeh thats ok Ill be well and truely up by then. And i also see there is a solo travellers lunch at noon - I hope to go - wonder if im the only one- haha gets lots to eat if I am:) HHAHAHAHHA......Tomorrow jes and I have decided is pool and activities day - flow rider (yeah Susan:)), zipline, mini golf, pools etc.......Oh and i have another mob dance class at 2.30pm - so much to remember LOL....

well off to bed - another HUGE day on Allure of the Seas - just awesome - love life:)

Archived