“Live” from Allure March 20th 2011!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Day one on Allure is awesome!!! Its not even over yetJ

I have taken sooo many photos and videos already!! Had to come back and load them into my laptop as im going to need every bit of memory on both my camera and video camera for tonightJ YAYAYYAYAY I actually get to see the diving show!!!! Last year on Oasis i didn’t get to see ANY dive shows! So Im so super excited – that its looks like Im going to actually see the show tonight! There are 2 dive shows I’m going to try and go to both of them. Jes reckons I should just watch today – then tomorrow take pics... mmm we will see....

Wow where do i start!!!!! Today is just so surreal..... So much to take in – im pretty overwhelmed right now lol.... since my last post, we had the muster drill. Mine was in the aqua theatre of all places LOL... and Jesses gf was my muster crew person hahha and Jes was on the other side helping other passengers. I got a huge hug from her – shes gorgeousJ Sitting in the aqua theatre made me feel all funny inside hehehe. It was just beautiful – nice breeze, in the shade, nice n warm, just great. The drill went pretty fast, the main wait was for passengers to all sit down... Once that was over Jes and I had planned to meet at the back of the sails for sailaway and port camera picJ As we were waiting, I saw abt 4 ships leave in front of us – it was so mind blowing to see them all for real going out of port rather than in Aus watching my laptop with them sailing out via webcam.I don’t know what Id do without that webcam tho hahhahah.....

So as all the ships were sailing out, there was a sailaway party at the aqua theatre, so in between watching the ships and taking pics, i was able to run over and see some of the show – it was great – really up beat and well party /holidayishJ

As we sailed out of port i could feel the excitement as we were moving – omg we are moving weeehhhee hahhahaha.... I videoed alot of sailaway and took pics. I tried to see where the port camera was but not sure hahah. Jes wouldn’t wave but then did these stupid wave things hahah gee wonder if the cam guy got it hahhaha.....Was so hard to see where it was – we stood up on a seat at the back hahah felt stupid – well jes did – I didn’t care LOLOLOL....So did u see us? Hahah

After that, I went on deck 16 there was supposed to be a singles get together – but the time i got there was too late and it was over – or there are no singles on the ship except me LOL... So ventured around the ship – lots of great music and captured some great shots of people already partying, dancing and having the time of their lives – wonder how late they will last tonight heheh..... So now back in my room and posting this, takes a lot of time – and i know if i wasn’t on here single I wldnt be able to do a live post, but seeing i am – its funJas long as someones reading it and enjoying it hahha.

So off to the dive rehearsals, then 2 dive shows now woohooo – cant waitJ

Oh and got lots of shots of Jes or all of you back home who asked for them yayayyayay...

Sorry if there are typos, but id rather get it out to you – im sure you can work out if my writing is all muddled hahah – too much excitement..

Well - nearly “live” but I couldn’t wait a minute longer – Im soo excited!!!:)[/SIZE]

One week today and I will be flying out of Australia to go on Allure of the Seas where my son performs in the diving show – yayyayayay.... Soooo can’t wait! Last year was his first contract on Oasis and I went over to see him perform but unfortunately the Aqua Theatre was out of action due to safety reasons the whole week I was there!.... So I am hoping I get to see him perform this time on AllureJ

I did a live review on cc last year on Oasis – August 7th... And plan to do another live review this time on Allure..... As mentioned in my Oasis live review – I am coming from Australia and my son is in the diving show... I have been his coach for his whole diving career and we are best buddies – he is now 19 and living his dream – doing a sport he loves, without the stress of competition, but adding the excitement of performance and applauseJ. Great to see him doing something he loves, and RCC are great employers. Very selective with their performers, but they look after them well – which is I guess why their shows are all world class.

Jes has booked me on Allure for my birthday – hehe what a son yayay! He was supposed to be home in Australia when his Oasis contract finished - from Oct 2010- April 2011 and then go back on Oasis again, but they needed a diver on Allure so he was only home a few months then went back over just after Christmas (at least we got to spend Christmas togetherJ)All good though as he loves it and I have a Much cheaper food bill here back home hahah.... So on Allure till April then back on Oasis till 2012.......Wow he will be 20 when he comes back to Aus....I remember when he was 6!!! And just started diving:0

So hopefully my review will be entertaining and informative. I will hopefully be able to give you some insight into the crew side of things as well as the single passenger side... I remember last time on Oasis I was so busy and overwhelmed at how big the ship was and how much there was to do – i didn’t get to do alot of things as I ran out of time!!!! I imagine Allure will be the same. Oasis I did western cruise – Allure I’m on the Eastern cruise which will be good...

It will be good to compare the 2 ships... I believe Allure is slightly bigger than Oasis.... Jes says it is very similar but newer (of course).....and the shows are different....Last week he spent abt 4 hrs learning wall trampJ and loved it....

I fly out of Aust on 17th and arrive on 17th – so cool I get there the same day – but its actually abt 30 hrs later LOL... I’m going to fly into Fort Lauderdale this time instead of Miami – much closer and the same price! Staying with a friend for 2 nights, then my birthday the sat 19th – I am going to spend the day at sawgrass mills – so cool – went there last year and it is mindblowing! Had 8 hrs there and still didn’t see the whole place....Things are sooo much cheaper than in Australia – it’s great! Then my birthday night I researched so many hotels, and finally ended up choosing Hyatt Pier66 as you can see the cruise ships come into and go out of port from your balcony....Wasn’t cheap – but hey you only have one birthday a year – and being a full moon, nothing better I’d like to do than sit on the balcony with a wine, watching Oasis go out and the full moon, then see Allure come in at 4-5amJ AND knowing I will be on her a few hrs later and get to see jes!! Yaayay....I’m sooooexcited!!!yayayayay

Well Ill sign off for now – I know I’m still a week away from leaving Australia – but I just couldn’t wait......

Hope I’ll make someone’s week with my reviewJ

I'm really looking forward to reading your review. We too are leaving from Australia to sail on the Allure on the 1st May. I would love to hear about Hyatt Pier 66 as well. That is where we booked for the night before the cruise in the hope that we may see the ship docked in the morning. How exciting for you to be watching your son perform. It sounds like he will be on the Oasis when we cruise, which is a shame.

Barbi, I'm so excited for you to be on the Allure with Jess. And by the looks of the time he was on your balcony this morning, he was SO excited to see his MOM !!!:D (and that big smile on his face) There is nothing like the love of a SON !!!!

I will be following you all week. Have a great time.

Pat

I have been lurking here reading your posts and so excited for you! It is so touching that people we meet online can be so thoughtful...I hope your birthday was awesome and your "day after birthday" is even awesomer!

I am headed to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, I have lots of family there, and my daughters are going to look at colleges. I wasn't going to, but, you've inspired me to go to the Port and watch the ships go out on Saturday or Sunday! We are members at Lago Mar, and the beach is just off to the left (starboard?) as you are leaving, just beyond the tower of condos...I truly hope you have a GREAT trip! Enjoy and I'll go back to lurking!

We will be on the Allure with radio on May 22. We are staying at Lago Mar on Sat before we leave on Sun. I hope we made a good choice with this place. Will be watching the ships go out also. I hope to see the dive shows are we are in a bordwalk room 11th floor the very last one in the aft.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that video!!! So awesome to see you and Jes at sailaway:)

I think I can speak for many of us in saying that we eagerly await each and everyone of your postings! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

I forgot to mention that on every sailaway, we always end up on the pool deck rather than our own balcony so we can feel like we're a party of the party. But, I love the idea of being out by the Aquatheatre. Looks like a great spot. I think we'll have to give that a try in May:)

We were on the same itinerary 2 weeks ago on March 6. What a wonderful ship. We didn't know if we'd like such a large ship although up til now the Freedom class was our favorite.

When we were in Nassau, we saw the largest yacht we had ever seen. It belonged to the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. I'm curious if it's still there. You can't miss it if it's there. He had been there for 10 days when we saw the yacht.

Have a great cruise, & I'll be following your posts!

Gail

OMG!!!!! I just came back from the first diving show!!! Yayyyyy I got to see it – it was MINDBLOWING!!!!! Really was awesome!!!!!...I found it so hard not to jump up and down hahahaha... Wow and you know it made it even more exciting as I didn’t know what Jes was doing or when he would be diving or????? He purposely didn’t tell me anythingJ yayyyay... It was really good. I again took so many pics hahah but as they are moving all the time, some came out blurry... Ill try for more on the next go hahah.....

Wow it really was good. Jes rang me right after and said how was it? – i told him how good i thought it was and he said oh really? Ive never seen it ... yes well he hasn’t – so I guess would have no idea really of what it looks like......

I also went to the later diving show and wow just as great!!!!!!

Went to bed at 130am , very tired lol........

Nassau tomorrow – up at 8am – Jes cant go as he has boat drill then meetings so Im off on my own...

Day 2

Nassau today – went onshore about 9am. Was very windy and a bit cold as I had only put on shorts and a singlet. It soon warmed up though. Was Very windy the whole time i was ashore though. I walked to the pier and then got a taxi with abt 8 other people to atlantis – was $4 each took abt 10 mins drive. Wow Atlantis was great!!! So beautiful!!! I walked around, took loads of pics and videos.They even have a water rapid pool that goes around the whole place that you lay in a ring and float around ...Looked fun.... I spent abt and hr and half there.Then caught a taxi back by myself – cost $11. A few lines to get through to get back on the ship but didn’t take too long – about 20 mins all up. You need your seapass and photo id to get back on ship.

Tried to have half hr lay down then off to parade where Jes is supposed to be a wolf – he said his big tail broke the other day though so dont know if he will be in it as the wolf cant go without his big tail!!!!

So had 10 mins to spare so just trying to get a few posts up for you all. Ill put some pics up later – I have loooads of themJ thats it for now – off to the parade....:D

Enjoy... this video and your cruise Barbi!

You guys are about 4 minutes in. Note that the audio doesn't start until after about 18 seconds and there is a special "bonus track" to mark your appearance. :)

David.

www.portfever.com

OMGG!!!!! hahha thankyou soooo much that is soo awesome!!!!!! wow!!!:D

thanks so much Port fever:)

DSCF5089.JPG

Wow, that looks REALLY good. :D:) Hope you enjoyed your birthday!

DSCF5066.JPG

I got chills when I saw this picture ... and I'm not even going on the Oasis! Just seeing everyone up on the decks and knowing that the week of vacation has finally started. I can't wait to have that feeling myself next month. :D Enjoy your week and your son! :)

So awesome to see you and your son, now I really feel like part of the cruise with you.

Can not wait to see your pics from your first couple days. Enjoy every moment with your son.

thanks so much for sharing this with all of us.

Marcia

Archived