“Live” from Allure March 20th 2011!

Hahaha, yes will def do the flowrider sometime this week:) well today has been long lol - it is very windy and the ship is really rocking! Hard to walk down the hallways or anywhere really without leaning or looking drunk! Jesse says usually the drunk people can walk better than sober in this sort of rocking lol. I was so tired today haha i was spose to meet jes at the aqua theatre for warm up at 730pm, so i was reading abt the port stops and fell asleep LOL.. woke up at 730! So jumped up and headed for the aqua theatre. I went on deck 5 the promenade to get to the aqua theatre, haha and so forgot it was formal night!! eeek - hundereds of people all dressed to the nines - and me the only one walking through them in shorts and t shirt eeeekkkkk:eek:ooopsss wont be doing that again hahha.So Jes said the show may get cancelled tonight they have to see how rocky the water is in the pool when they do warm ups. So when i got there they had just opened the floor of the pool to see the water, and the water was rocking side to side - some even flew up out of the pool! Jes said even on the tramp you were wary of where you were going to land once you had taken off in a somersault. so they did postpone the show and will do it wed night. Lucky - i wldnt feel safe in this either. Rather cold out back at the aqua theatre also......

I did take s seasick tablet just incase before as i was feeling a "little" funny so rather be sure:)

OMG!!! the ice show!!!!! WOW it was AMAZING!!!!!! the skaters were just awesome and the whole show itslef was really mindblowing. The colours, the skating, the acting all of it is just outstanding!!!! Both the diving show and the ice skating shows have had standing ovations....

As the dive show is postponed tonight, Jes and i are going to go to Chicago production. Jes hasnt even seen it yet as its usually on when his shows are on. Theres lots of shopping open now on the promenade - most shops seem to open late at night.I have only bumped into one couple from our cc roll call - was great we had a chat and they are having a great time also. Its hard t try and find the others, hahah I often dble look at peoples faces wondering if they look familiar because of our pics we had given each other? lol...

So tonight after Chicago - going to the traffic light party......Tomorrow we are at sea all day. Part of me feels good as I have so much I want to do on the ship and its hard on port days as you want to go to ports as well haha.....Im not sure if ive written before, but ive seen the crew areas and the rooms they sleep in are adequate, not very big but they are ok. All the other crew areas are GREAT! they do look afterthe crew and they have lots of activities, and pool tables, internet, games etc. All the crew I ahve met all seem nice and friendly. They are all such great athletes and really have a sense of professionalism about them. OMG!!! I nearly forgot!!!! hahah so much ahs happened Im finding im forgeting to tell you things LOL... THE PARADE!!!!!! hahah sooo funny - i filmed it all and took lots of pics. jes was a wolf hahhaha the big bad wolf but in a dress HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! had to dance and carry on - there were also bright colourful people on stilts, big hoopy dresses, kung fu panda, puss in boots, penguines hahhaha The parade was awesome - a realy happy lively atmosphere it was GREAT!!!!

well better go now and get into some formal wear or Ill be stared at again HAHAH:)

I still have lots of photos i have to add - but there are lots on my page which you will find the link earlier in this thread. If theres anything anyone wants to know - post here and ill do my best to find out or take pics for you.

Barbi

Celebrating your b-day on a cruise. That is a great way to celebrate your b-day. :)

Loved your photos. Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to do all of this.

I do have a question for you.

In your cabin desk I believe there are 2-3 drawers for storage. Is there any drawers in the closet for more storage?

Enjoy your cruise. All of us wish we were sailing with you. :)

Cindy

Barbi

I forgot. Does Starbucks on Allure accept their Starbucks coffee cards on board?

I kinda think they don't accept these cards but I want to check anyway. I have several of these cards in my purse. :)

Thank you.

Cindy

Barbi,

Sounds like you're having a great time! Thanks for sharing your photos and thoughts with us. Loved the picture of Jes as the girly wolf!

Sorry OceanAria got cancelled last night, but you're right: with all the moving around--diving, trampoline jumps, pool choreography -- the performers need to be sure about their landings. Such a great show--incredible athletes and such an entertaining program.

Enjoy your day at sea. I agree: it's nice to have a break from the ports so you can check out some of the ship offerings. Have a cupcake or treat yourself to ice cream on the Boardwalk. Ride the carousel or the Rising Tide Bar. Hop on the zipline or take Susan's advice and check out the Flowriders!

Hope the waters/wind have settled down a bit.

Looking forward to reading more when I get home from work.

Barbi

I forgot. Does Starbucks on Allure accept their Starbucks coffee cards on board?

I kinda think they don't accept these cards but I want to check anyway. I have several of these cards in my purse. :)

Thank you.

Cindy

Pretty sure I have read that they do indeed accept their gift cards. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Last night went to the Chicago production show. Was very good – goes for 90 mins. I was quite cold in the theatre though – have an open mind going into this one – and more for the adult than kidsJ Very talented singers, dancers and actors....After that I went to the traffic light party. When you buy a drink you get a coloured glass – red for taken, yellow for maybe and green for single. LOL..There were a few people in the there – not over crowded though. There were alot of ladies with green glasses lol – not too many men hhaa. I did see one guy who had 12 empty glasses all stacked up on his table – all colours LOL – and they say women can’t make their minds up HAHHAHa...Danced a bit spoke to lots of people, saw my cc friend again and also met his friends- all nice people.

The ship was still swaying a fair bit – so funny watching everyone trying to dance – I was hoping I wouldn’t fall over with the sway hahha... Off to bed then and told jes i am sleeping in – have to let my body catch up to my mind haha...So went to bed abt 2am – then woke up not knowing what time it was as its very dark in the room – thinking, hmm prolly abt 4am haven’t been asleep that long, then i turned the light on and wow 10am!!!!Gee I haveto get up – cant waste the day!!!! By the time i had a shower, got organised it was 1115am. Time for “How to train your dragon” ice show ... This was great! All very colourful characters and great for the kids... Some really good skating also...Then headed for the aqua theatre – they had the “worlds sexiest man” competition – hah this I had to see. Well too funny..... Just normal passengers had to show off and lades had to judge them hahahha. Some funny poses thats for sure....Jes and I had Johhny rockets then - $4.95 each – had a chicken ceaser salad and jes had club sandwich. Yum. The staff broke out into a song and dance while we were there – just GREATJ so funnn..... After that i went to the mob dance class. They do a mob dance on the promenade sat night – so now they teach the steps to passengers so they can be a part of the real thing on sat. Wow was sooo fun ... abt 20 people tried it out and it was good. Look fwd to sat to join the real dancers hahah..

After that i went up to the flowriders – this was sooooo funny to watch!!!! I saw so many people stack it hehehe... All good fun. Jes said we will do it on sea day . Today is a bit cool actually. Lines weren’t too long. So its now just after 5pm and next off to the aqua theatre for diving training – and then see if shows are on tonight as its still pretty rocky...

To answer questions: starbucks yes take coffee cards, staterooms have 2 drawers in wardrobe.

Over and out...

Sounds like you got some rest and are having a fun time. That traffic light party sounds funny!

Psst, Barbi - the water in the Flow Riders is heated. Quit making excuses! Ask if Jenga is there. Tell him Chris and I said hi and he will help you get going.

And, if you didn't do Quest on Oasis, make sure you do it this week!

Barbi;

Awesome review so far, love the pics and the video of leaving port what a great thing to have.

If you have time: Would check to see if the Royal connect iPhones are back yet or when they expect to get them?

I can't wait til it's our turn in June.

Nancy

Sounds like you got some rest and are having a fun time. That traffic light party sounds funny!

Psst, Barbi - the water in the Flow Riders is heated. Quit making excuses! Ask if Jenga is there. Tell him Chris and I said hi and he will help you get going.

And, if you didn't do Quest on Oasis, make sure you do it this week!

hahahh yeh Susan i promise! i will do it - i cant wait!!! but need jes to video it hahaha and i want to vid him too.

And yes Quest for sure - went on OAsis! I cant wait!!!!!!

Well aqua shows postponed again for tonight. The divers couldn’t even train. The running track has been flooded from the water out of the pool! . Aqua shows have been moved to tomorrow and thurs nights now, just after we leave the ports as we will be in sheltered waters. Im glad i went to the aqua shows the first night and took pics yayyayay..

So as Jes has the night off now we are going to go and check out some music and bars. Haven’t even seen/heard the jazz yet – cant waitJ he’s only allowed in some areas when he has family on board – so all new for him too.....

Also tonight im leaving my camera in my room –Id like a break from taking pics and videos and lugging a bag around...\Tomorrow we are in St Thomas. We are going to go on the skyride – that should be good. Write more tomorrow... over and out for now – hope your all enjoying our holiday on AllureJ hehe....

Archived