“Live” from Allure March 20th 2011!

Barbi,

I like so many others are enjoying your updates about your wonderful week aboard the Allure, not to mention the excitment to know you are spending it with your son Jesse. I cant wait each day to get home, rush to the computer to experience your cruise through your postings. Thanks so much for taking time out of your week to keep us all entertained as we sit at home counting the days to be on the Allure. I dont think September 18, 2011 will ever get here. Enjoy the rest of your week, looking forward to your updates...

Cindy

Barbi, I am absolutely loving reading your posts. They certainly bring a smile to your face and a tear to your eye!

Thank you for all the wonderful info and photos. I was rapt to see your photos at Pier 66, as I have reserved a coastal balcony room there for the night before our cruise in May in the hope that we would see the ships docked in the morning, but wasn't sure if you really could see anything.

I'm a little worried about the 'rockiness' of the ship after reading your post. I really hope maybe the weather will be better in a month's time and it will be smoother sailing! Hubby gets seasick....

I look forward to reading the rest of your posts. Enjoy!!!

Linda

Day 2

Nassau today – went onshore about 9am. Was very windy and a bit cold as I had only put on shorts and a singlet. It soon warmed up though. Was Very windy the whole time i was ashore though. I walked to the pier and then got a taxi with abt 8 other people to atlantis – was $4 each took abt 10 mins drive. Wow Atlantis was great!!! So beautiful!!! I walked around, took loads of pics and videos.They even have a water rapid pool that goes around the whole place that you lay in a ring and float around ...Looked fun....

We did a stay at The Cove at The Atlantis and floated on that rapid in our ring for a good 2 hours. It was SO relaxing and so much fun. The Atlantis Hotel's Royal Towers is overcrowded when all of the cruise ships come in, but The Cove, a 5-star all-suite property in the Atlantis compound, is not to be missed. I highly recommend a land trip to The Cove. Ahhh memories.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time on your cruise, I'm very happy for you and really enjoy your cruise log! :D

David this made me cry:) thanks for sharing it! What a great memory for Barbi!

Enjoy... this video and your cruise Barbi!

You guys are about 4 minutes in. Note that the audio doesn't start until after about 18 seconds and there is a special "bonus track" to mark your appearance. :)

David.

www.portfever.com

Barbi;

Awesome review so far, love the pics and the video of leaving port what a great thing to have.

If you have time: Would check to see if the Royal connect iPhones are back yet or when they expect to get them?

I can't wait til it's our turn in June.

Nancy

hey you will love Allure:) I checked today and the iphones are not back yet and they cldnt tell me when they wld be...

LOVING this review!!! Loved your Oasis one and this one couldnt have come at a better time - Literally just booked Allure for September!!! Cant wait!!!

See you there :)

Barbi enjoying reading all your posts and seeing the pics:)

I'm having a hard time imagining how that is possible?

I was thinking this as well. The pools are on deck 15 and the track is on deck 5. Maybe she was talking about the Aquatheater pool as that is on deck 5 (or 4.5 or something like that), I could see how that could spill out onto the track.

I was thinking this as well. The pools are on deck 15 and the track is on deck 5. Maybe she was talking about the Aquatheater pool as that is on deck 5 (or 4.5 or something like that), I could see how that could spill out onto the track.

You're probably right because she does have special interest in that pool.

WOW thanks so much for all of this!! I just joined this site and found your reviews right away. I told my soon to be 18 yr old son I would take he and his girlfriend on any trip this spring break. I have taken him on Disney Cruise twice, and all he wanted was to try Allure. We go April 17th and it cant come fast enough. Your pics have me soooo excited. I am little worried about the rockiness. I figured with a ship that size it wouldnt be an issue, but I guess that is all part of cruising!

Sorry, but on what site are her pictures?

Barbi references the site on Post #82 of this thread. You can just click on the link there. I checked it out last night. Lots of great photos. I was on Oasis with her last August. She's as energetic in person as she comes across here.

Barbi references the site on Post #82 of this thread. You can just click on the link there. I checked it out last night. Lots of great photos. I was on Oasis with her last August. She's as energetic in person as she comes across here.
I REALLY hope to meet her someday!

Barbi...

Enjoying your stories and the pictures of your week on the Allure. You are doing the same trek we'll be doing on June 26th when we get to share the week aboard the Allure with our son Kenny so there are multiple similarities to what you are doing.

My question is how much time to you get to spend with Jesse? I imagine the rescheduling of the shows has wrecked his schedule and wondered if it has cut into your time together. Were there any special arrangements that you had to make to take him to lunch?

Keep up the great commentary and pictures!

Frank

Archived