“Live” from Allure March 20th 2011!

hahah, oh yes - on entry to the US, I declared biscuits and lollies (for jes) and was asked -" you dont have australian tim tams do you?" Yes.....???? "oh sorry they are not allowed in the US - you will have to give them to me" ...LOL:D

sorry didnt work buddy :)hahha they must be popular over here!

Loved reading your posts Barbi :):D

LOL tim tams..love those things. You know they now sell them in my local grocery store here in Canada. Knew what they were right away. Look forward to the next installment!

Hooray! You're on your way! I wouldn't know what it's like to be able to use the internet on a plane. Still haven't been on a flight with wireless yet.

Glad the delays didn't make you miss. I'm sure you're so excited. But once you get to FLL you still have to wait 3 days to see him!

I told Chris about your hotel balcony wine/full moon plan to watch Oasis depart and Allure arrive. I would so love to do that one day!

I looked up Tim Tams. I need those. I'm a chocoholic.

Travel safely! Can't wait for the next update!

Hooray! You're on your way! I wouldn't know what it's like to be able to use the internet on a plane. Still haven't been on a flight with wireless yet.

Glad the delays didn't make you miss. I'm sure you're so excited. But once you get to FLL you still have to wait 3 days to see him!

I told Chris about your hotel balcony wine/full moon plan to watch Oasis depart and Allure arrive. I would so love to do that one day!

I looked up Tim Tams. I need those. I'm a chocoholic.

Travel safely! Can't wait for the next update!

Haha Susan:) I actually saw huge boxes of tim tams at the Sydney airport duty free shop!!!!!! I can prolly post you some lol..... Yep the balcony delight - ill take lots of pics hahahha:)

Barbi, just came across this thread, am so happy for you. :)

Followed your live post on Oasis and felt the disappointment with you on not being able to see Jess perform. When we went in September was lucky no problems with the Aqua Theatre and saw Jess in the couple of shows we went to.

Will be following you again on this thread and see the Allure from another Aussie's eyes. :D We have a long time to wait for our Oasis (again) and Allure cruises as they are not until Aug/Sep 2012. :(

Know exactly how you feel at the moment with the excitement building and seeing Jess again. Our son and his family live in Vancouver and we have a family reunion organised for Sep this year going to Disneyworld then onto Freedom of the Seas together with our daughter and her family from Sydney, it just can't come quick enough.

Have a fantastic time and a awesome birthday.

hahah, oh yes - on entry to the US, I declared biscuits and lollies (for jes) and was asked -" you dont have australian tim tams do you?" Yes.....???? "oh sorry they are not allowed in the US - you will have to give them to me" ...LOL:D

sorry didnt work buddy :)hahha they must be popular over here!

Tim Tams are even in one our supermarkets here in Northern Virginia!

Happy Birthday, Barbie!

See you on Sunday!

Never had a Tim Tam before... think Jesse would share one? ;)

haha prolly not - but dont worry I brought a pkt to share :)

thanks Merrilyn, Sept will come around fast for you!!!enjoy

thanks joan - woohoo! see you soon:) YAYYYAYAy...

Well Fri morn here in Fort Lauderdale- its a BEAUTIFUL morning!

Last night went so fast - got off the plane, my friend Lisa picked me up, we went back to her place. Had a shower, and went out lol.... no rest for the wicked hehe.....

Being St Patricks day - there was a huge street party! Ive never actually been to a street party before - so when we got there my eyes lit up and I woke up hahahha.... So many people and so much GREEN:D.......

It was such a beautiful night also, and the full moon was great.

Didnt stay out long, Lisa had to work early the next day which was good as i was exhausted. Happy to be out, but glad to be coming home early....We met up with some other travellers, Had one drink with all the festivities walked around and had a look at the different parties etc and then decided to walk home. It was a great night, and I slept for abt 4 hrs then wide awake!!!! time change takes getting used to - but then did actually get another 4 hrs sleep. So now i feel refreshed and ready to go!!!

Ive decided to go to sawgrass today rather than tomorrow as i think i will like to spend my birthday looking around Fort Laud and the beach and go on a water taxi around the canals etc, then to my hotel for balcony/wine/oasis/allure viewing heheheh.......

I love Fort Lauderdale as I did last time i came over. Last night everything had a pinky tinge to it - the water, buildings etc from the sunset - just beautiful. Ill post some pics here which you can find more in my album.

Off to sawgrass:)https://picasaweb.google.com/116661645998065850388/AllurePreCruiseTravels#

DSCF4970b.jpg.19c48c615c54aee120669ddd439fe7a4.jpg

DSCF4974b.jpg.822890ac4bacaaa66a848c2f02f82e2e.jpg

DSCF4979b.jpg.b480ed44b43eae5ed9900b42816f1cd0.jpg

So glad you have arrived and got some rest. Enjoy your day at Sawgrass. A couple of years ago, we did a water tour in Ft. Lauderdale that was called Millionaire Row. Saw some amazing homes, really did enjoy it. Can't wait for you "live" to continue.:D

WOW!!! I go on Allure TOMORROW!!!!!! Yayay im getting another step closer wohoooo.....LOL - feels like its inch by inch.....

Spent the day yesterday at sawgrass was GREAT! Has to be the best shopping centre!!! Didn’t buy too much but enjoyed looking around, got a few pressies for jes and people back home...There was an awesome cafe - it was like a jungle!!!!! so cool....

Listened to a bit of blues last night and met a few people which was good.

But TODAY IM GETTING CLOSER TO ALLURE!!! Yayyaay. Im going to catch the river ferry to the hotel – Pier 66 which is right on the port. Then im going to go back on the ferry and have a tour of celebrity homes .... This afternoon hoping to get a swim (the weather is just beautiful) and then on the balcony with my wine to watch oasis go out and full moon yayaya. So excited!!! The moon is so big:eek: here lol – i know that sounds funny but it must be closer to earth than usual? Ill have to google it...

I just KNOW that when i get to the hotel and see the port – with ships already in – Im going to be beside myself with excitement hehehhe........Hope I don’t burst LOL....:D:D

More later..

The moon is so big:eek: here lol – i know that sounds funny but it must be closer to earth than usual? Ill have to google it...

No you're right, it's the closest it's been to earth for.....I dunno how long, but it's close!

Have a fab time, we'll be doing the same thing in 9 weeks!!!! :D woo hoo

It's getting so close! So excited for you. I bet you can see Oasis right now.

Happy belated birthday, Barbi. Enjoy your day and evening today.

Tomorrow, what should we be looking for on the portfever cam?

I love the Rainforest Cafe. When they call you for seating they say "Wilson, Safari of 2..." (for example). And their food is pretty good. They have one in Vegas and a couple at Disney.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! I CAN SEE OASIS!!!! Im right near her!!!!!woohoooo:):D

Im sooo excited! was on the ferry cruising to my hotel and tadahhhhhh! there she was!!!! wohooo - along with abt 5 other cruise ships!!!!certainly had a tear in my eye when i was taking THAT photo!!!!! Oh and i can see those red and white smoke pipe things we all see on the webcam - hahah took a photo of those too.....

Im on hotels internet downstairs as my room isnt ready yet.

Have had the BEST birthday!!!!

cruised around on the ferry - gorgeous day, light sea breeze, warm , sunny - went to Fort Lauderdale beach - gee I love it there .......Had a chicken caeser salad at a cafe right by the water... was so great - wow talk about people watching!!!So many different people - some had clothes on some well yer nly had clothes on LOL...And the cars!!!!!Wow just awesome - ferraris, hot rods, bmws - I cld sit there all day just watching people and cars!!!! Gorgeous beach - love it :) Ive met so many people today from all over - mainly USA and CAnada - no other Aussies yet:eek:

Well must go now - hopefully my room is ready:) Gotta get ready for Oasis sailaway YAYYAYAY....Will upload pics soon if i can get internet in my room.

OMG!!! its tomorrow!!!Im going to be on Allure AND see Jes!!!! what more could a girl ask for heeh:D

Oh and i can see those red and white smoke pipe things we all see on the webcam - hahah took a photo of those too.....

LOL Barbi..you are too funny :) the red and white smoke pipes:D:D

You are really there and not watching on HD webcam!

WOW!!!! I am just soooo overwhelmed right now I really dont know where to start!!!!!

I have to start with saying this is the best birthday I have EVER had!!!!!its so amazing that all the things that are important to me happened - oh except jes didnt wish me happy bday LOL but im sure that will come tomorrow:)-cant have everything, now can we:)

Ok had to wait a few hrs for my room as they had me booked in an ocean view room- which i specified port view room. so i was happy to wait. They ended up putting me on the 10th floor and the view WOW!! right over the port! Im so glad I chose Pier66 but i did have to keep specifying which room i wanted. so , got into my room and first thing i did was head for that balcony!!!! OMG so so so awesome I nly cried hahah. To go from watching the webcam for so many mnths to finally be here and look out from my balcony and see the port and oasis was just mindblowing!!!! wow.....

I took sooo many photos and videos lol. ordered my wine and cheese and was in heaven. the lady on the balcony next to me said hi and we got talking - wow so so surreal - turns out - as im a diving coach - she is a basketball coach from sweden! My son has moved here (well on the ship for diving ) and her son hs moved here to florida for basketball wow - AND her birthday is same day as jesses even more wow. So I shared my wine and cheese and was great:) watched all the ships go out - I could hear their horns! man i cld even hear the people on the ships cheering and yahhoooing!!!!! Sure brought a tear to my eyes:)

so that went on for an hr or so and i shared it with susan from cc who was online - was great.... id look and film and run in and type to her hahhaha...so funny, but nice.

thennnnnnn omg this so blew me away!!!!!!! knock at the door - room service said oh we had to change yr room charge.... Im like mmmm ok why... and he gave me a card which read happy birthday and bon voyage!!!!! Im like errr ummmmmm? then he brought ina huge plate of chocolate covered strawberries, and a glass of choc covered cream - wow!!!!!! OMGGGGGG. r u kidding me?????

so i quizzed him thinking surely the hotel wldnt do this they dont even know its my birthday!!!!!

he finally gave in AND it was Trudy - a CC member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg thank you sooo much Trudy that was soooo awesome - non one has EVER done anything like that before for me:) wow just mindblowing!

this just has to be THE BEST birthday I have EVER had!!!! well they say life begins at 40 and maaaannnn they were right LOLOL.....

im so excited and overwhelmed right now lol.... I cant belive im going on allure tomorrow!!!! AND SEEING JES!!! YYAYAYAYYAYAY:)

I was so thrilled to share that with you! I wish I could be there myself on your balcony with you. I had tears in my eyes watching Oasis on the webcam.

Enjoy your champagne and strawberries! And keep us updated!

Happy birthday, again!!!

Archived