LIVE from the STAR PRINCESS - March 9th-24th, RIO to FT LAUDERDALE

Pia1913

Another vote for you to keep doing "lives" from your cruises. I've really enjoyed your comments - much like our feelings on long cruises... same shows, same dinner menus, etc. But being aboard a cruise ship is still a great experience. Have a safe journey home.

Sandy

Hi Pia,

I have not been posting, either, but I have been following you all along the way. You have done another great job!

I can't wait until your next adventure, because we will be joining you and Mike. Grand Princess straight out of Dry Dock on May 5 - Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton.

Fran

Another day winding down and again, almost time for dinner. It’s formal night, but not for us. We packed a suitcase this morning and all dressy stuff is in it.

We did see the Hilary Swank movie “Conviction” and then attended the wine tasting. Liked the movie a whole lot better than the tasting. Sommelier on the first cruise was fun and made it interesting. This one is a dud.

The day turned out great; weather cleared mid morning, sun came out and temps were good enough for us to have lunch outdoors.

I started this earlier, but didn’t post. Dinner is done and we’ve decided to see the movie Burlesque on MUTS. Just waiting for the next show to start in about ½ hour.

Hey people, with all your kudos I might just begin to believe it. Sniff sniff. I'm getting teary. I have no intention of stopping. See you tomorrow.

May I too (having cancelled this because of illness) take this opportunity of thanking you for your posts also to Kiwi for his pics of the ports.

Safe travel home to all those on Star.

Hey, not heard a thing from the many Aussies on board !

Have enjoyed all your posts! Hugs to you and Mike♥

Dee & John

Hi Dee, Saw your mail to Pia. On the way to FLL for the subsequent cruise on the Star.

Wanna come along and rebuild the trivia dream team?

Kenn & Anne

Well, Pia, one more day on board. What is next on the agenda? I can't remember if you had anything planned before the fall. BTW, how was Burlesque? I wanted to see that movie but it didn't play around here very long.

Hi Dee, Saw your mail to Pia. On the way to FLL for the subsequent cruise on the Star.

Wanna come along and rebuild the trivia dream team?

Kenn & Anne

Hope you aren't hoping to get any passport wallets! I think Pia has them all!

Really - have a great cruise and good luck at trivia.:)

Cheers - Dee

God speed going home. Do the laundry, pay the bills, pack up to move out again REPEAT. that is our life and yes somebody has to fill all those cruise cabins. I have enjoyed traveling with you while we are in home port. Thanks for the fun.

Good Wednesday morning, the last full day of this cruise. The seas are calm, the sun is shining and we have to finish the hated packing. We will most likely get it out of the way right after breakfast so we can enjoy an uninterrupted day.

Guess who’s going to the “75% (yeh sure) off sale? Certainly not moi. Mike will have an unbroken record; six sales without one purchase. Also this morning is a cooking show in the theater. Our very visible (not!) CD will be presiding along with the Executive Chef. At 11:30 there’s a sushi buffet at the Calypso pool which is in conflict with trivia. No brainer here. We always choose trivia over food.

At 1:00 there’s a Navigation@Sea presentation by one of the bridge officers and at 1:30 the Matt Damon movie, True Grit. Tonight brings a repeat of the ventriloquist in Vista and the movie “The Town” in the theater. Don’t know much about it except that it stars Ben Affleck. MUTS has Toy Story 3 and Explorer’s has a Rolling Stones Quiz and a Farewell Karaoke.

BTW, we saw Burlesque last night and enjoyed it. Weak story, as one of you mentioned, but still very entertaining.

For some reason the font changed itself and I can't make it smaller. Breakfast is much more important :) so I'm not going to play with it. See you later.

Pia,

Thank you for another great "live from." I always follow your trips and always enjoy them. Thank you for taking the time to write. This trip has prompted me to book the 49 day trip to South America. I think Princess should give you a comission, don't you? Enjoy your last day.

Judy

Archived