LIVE from the STAR PRINCESS - March 9th-24th, RIO to FT LAUDERDALE

Pia1913

And now Wednesday is winding down. Just a few hours remaining and another cruise comes to an end. We’ve had extraordinarily good weather; the cold wasn’t too cold and the hot was………….. well………hot.

We won this morning’s trivia; no passport wallets. Decks of cards. Gave them away. This afternoon we lost by one. Again. Will try again on the next cruise, but my theory is that what I don’t know once, I don’t know the next time either.

We went to see True Grit and I took 3 naps. Didn’t miss a thing. That young actress Hailee ????? ; we should be seeing a lot more of her acting in the future.

Except for our wheelie, we are totally packed and locked up. Tonight we’re going to go see the ventriloquist, simply because I heard talk that he was very funny. I hate to ruin my image, but sometimes you just ‘gotta go with flow. Right now it’s too early for dinner, but the sun is shining, so I will spend an hour or so reading on the balcony. Will check in tomorrow morning before disembarkation.

Judy: I wouldn't mind some commission. Now if a lot of people told Princess................ ;):D;)

Thursday morning at Pier 2 in Ft. Lauderdale. It’s over, and we are almost home. Last night we actually did go see the ventriloquist and yes, as others said, he was very good and very funny. He was certainly a lot better than the guy who was billed as a comedian a few days ago. In any event, we’re just about back to real life. Our scheduled debarkation is at 9:45, so plenty of time to have a leisurely breakfast. Sitting up here in Horizon with very little to choose from. Slim pickings is putting it mildly. People grabbing fruit like crazy. Wait until they have to throw it away as they get off. Hahahaha :D

I want to thank you all for cruising along with me. Not only those who posted, but also the thousands who lurked and read. Sometimes there is lots to say; sometimes not much. It’s amazing how often these fingers just go on and on and say nothing. Like now. :eek:

Goodbye for now. I’ll be “seeing” some of you “Live from the Grand on May 5th.”

Thanks Pia! Great read. And fun reliving our B2B on the Star last Dec/Jan.

We saw a lot more of Frank.....maybe you were lucky.:rolleyes: It is a great ship, has great cruises. Will look forward to your comments on the newly revamped Grand. We will be back on the Star right after its next dry dock. Will try and post what they did to her.

Enjoy your time at home.

I’ll be “seeing” some of you “Live from the Grand on May 5th

That would be us!!!!! :D:D:D

(Hi Phyl!)

Fran

We'll be riding along on the Grand. Can't wait to board.

Gloria:D

Hello from home. See you both shortly. :)

How often does a comedian put you to sleep? Yep………..last night’s comic was so bad that half the audience took a snooze. So my advice to you is if you ever see Steve Bruner on the“menu”…………do something else. A British gentleman post show asked us if this was American humor that he didn’t understand. “No Sir, I responded; …….the problem was that there was no humor.”

Another person came to our door yesterday ; wanted to criticize the muster drill. Mike handled it. I laughed.

Now then, good Tuesday morning. And a lovely morning it is. If you like torrential rain. Sea is wiggling again, rain has stopped for the moment. We’ve already had three different downpours in an hour. I was so lazy when the clock rang; wanted to sleep in and forget about the gym. But my inner conscience won. I am so disciplined it’s disgusting!

Today’s offerings consist of a disembarkation talk at 10:00 (we got our tags; getting off at 9:45 ish), pub lunch starting at 11:30, On Deck for the Cure at 1:00, and the movie “Conviction” also at 1:00. There’s wine tasting at 3:00, a Maxtone-Graham presentation (he and his wife do skits; not good) at 3:30 and a presentation by an economist at 4:30 - “How Economics got us into this Mess.”

The new British Invasion production show is in the theater tonight, while Vista has a ventriloquist named Dan Horn. Spank will be in the Atrium twice, the Captain’s Farewell Cocktail Party will also take place and there will be a Newlywed game in Explorer’s. MUTS is showing “Burlesque” three times.

Since nobody has posted here recently, I realize this is really getting boring. Not to worry; almost over. ;)

Feeding time.

Yes it is ,you said it best.

Hi Pia,

Thanks for another great "live" Thread. I saw that you were wondering if anyone was reading, be assured, I am always greatly enjoying reading your posts. Live threads are the next best thing to being aboard. There are probably many others who feel this way too. I just don't reply because I have cruised enough that I don't have many questions, but not as much as you have, so I have nothing intelligent or interesting to add :D

I am looking forward to your next cruise in May, hope you have time to take us along!

If you like conversation or want to know who's reading, just ask. I would be happy to add feedback! :)

Hi Pia,

Thanks for another great "live" Thread. I saw that you were wondering if anyone was reading, be assured, I am always greatly enjoying reading your posts. Live threads are the next best thing to being aboard. There are probably many others who feel this way too. I just don't reply because I have cruised enough that I don't have many questions, but not as much as you have, so I have nothing intelligent or interesting to add :D

I am looking forward to your next cruise in May, hope you have time to take us along!

If you like conversation or want to know who's reading, just ask. I would be happy to add feedback! :)

LOL. I know by the numbers that people are reading. In fact, I'm amazed this is still popping up.

so "our" vacation is over?????:rolleyes:

Only until May 5th. ;)

Archived