Has anyone ordered BOA rewards certificates and they haven’t shown up?

[/b]Has anyone ordered BOA rewards certificates and they haven’t shown up? I called BOA and requested a 5000 point and a 15000 point certificate. I wanted to apply it to my son and daughter in laws cruise in Nov. BOA gave me my certificate numbers and Monday I received the 5000 certificate, but it is now three days later and the 15000 certificate has not shown up yet.

I called BOA today to find out what we have to do to either track it, cancel it and reissue, and they told me to wait until after next Monday and if it doesn’t arrive in the mail by then to call them back on Tues. My question is what will they do, does anyone know? Has this has happened to you and if so what was done? Please give me some advice; this has not happened to me before. :confused:

Thanks in advance!

They will just have to issue you another certificate and void out the first one.

Since your family is not sailing until November, if you send the certificates in now, they will most probably not get posted to their account until summer. They do posting of certificates earliest to latest sailings.

The last couple times I ordered certificates it took a LONG time for them to arrive...last time it was over 6 weeks...but I've never had them not show up at all...you still have plenty of time...if the 2nd one doesn't show up in a couple weeks, just have them re-issue it...

When I order more than one certificate, for some reason they always arrive in separate envelopes. Usually several days apart. I have never understood this....why not process and mail together? :confused:

I had that happen to me. I ordered my certificates and patiently waited, and waited, and...........

I finally called B of A and learned that while they had a record of me calling and ordering them, the order was never submitted!

My ship was sailing in a few days!

The gentleman on the phone gave me the certificate numbers, and I called Royal Caribbean and was able to have them applied.

My certificates arrived in the mail AFTER I returned home, so I just went ahead and sent them off to Royal Caribbean.

They really only need the certificates for bookkeeping purposes. If you don't get your certs soon, call B of A back and do what I did.

My 15000 pts. certificate clearly stated it had to be used within 6 months. Can you apply the certificates to cruises further out than 6 months as long as you send them in within the 6 months? I thought we had to actually use the certificate in 6 months.

I had that happen to me. I ordered my certificates and patiently waited, and waited, and...........

I finally called B of A and learned that while they had a record of me calling and ordering them, the order was never submitted!

The gentleman on the phone gave me the certificate numbers, and I called Royal Caribbean and was able to have them applied.

My certificates arrived in the mail AFTER I returned home, so I just went ahead and sent them off to Royal Caribbean.

They really only need the certificates for bookkeeping purposes. If you don't get your certs soon, call B of A back and do what I did.

Your certificates were applied to your booking over the phone because you were within 30 days of departure.

If your cruise is outside that 30 departure window I was told by the RCI Coupon Redemption Center that they will not take them over the phone. They must be mailed in and they will be applied from earliest to latest sailing dates.

My 15000 pts. certificate clearly stated it had to be used within 6 months. Can you apply the certificates to cruises further out than 6 months as long as you send them in within the 6 months? I thought we had to actually use the certificate in 6 months.

Yes.

Your certificates were applied to your booking over the phone because you were within 30 days of departure.

If your cruise is outside that 30 departure window I was told by the RCI Coupon Redemption Center that they will not take them over the phone. They must be mailed in and they will be applied from earliest to latest sailing dates.

Yes, but I had called and ordered my certificates well in advance of my cruise.

It was the fault of B of A, who neglected to submit the order.

I almost didn't get my certificate numbers. The man I spoke with said that it might be too close to sailing to apply them.

At first, he couldn't even find any certificate numbers, even though he clearly could see that I had called and knew what date and what time I had called.

However, after being on the phone and put on hold numerous times, he was finally able to help me.

That was the only time I ever had any trouble. Until then, I always got my certificates in time to send them.

I like how the Princess Barclaycard does it. You can just go on that website and order your redemption online. No having to call and order and wait and send certificates....it's much easier.

Maybe B of A should try that.

I agree...it's an antiquated system of redemption. I cringe every time I get ready to use my points. I'm waiting until after final payment at the end of April to send in for the redemption to be applied as OBC for our July cruise, since the final payment will count as double points. I'm always nervous because they drag it out and I've ALWAYS had to call to check with them. I've had the card since they started this program and always thought it would be updated, but no such luck.

Asked C&A this very question today. Certificates do not have to actually be used in 6 months but must be redeemed within the 6 months. I have some that expire in August 2011 and want to apply to January 2012 sailing. Advised as long as they were sent in by the August expiration date, they can be applied to the January sailing. Hope this helps you.

Will they let you transfer to another cruise date?

Re: OBC.....do you lose it if you cancel?

As long as you keep the same booking number when transferring from one ship to another, everything attached goes with that booking number.

If you cancel and rebook, you lose everything and have to start all over again.

This is the biggest pain in the tail (crack). I do systems work for a living, and this is the best that BOA and RCI can do? Boa knows what you have in terms of available points, all they need is a simple web app that takes your login info, your credit card, your reservation #, and lets you select the reward you want, it can then electronically send this to RCI, get a confirm number and then present it back to you. This is 2011, get with the program.

Sandy

This is the biggest pain in the tail (crack). I do systems work for a living, and this is the best that BOA and RCI can do? Boa knows what you have in terms of available points, all they need is a simple web app that takes your login info, your credit card, your reservation #, and lets you select the reward you want, it can then electronically send this to RCI, get a confirm number and then present it back to you. This is 2011, get with the program.

Sandy

I've seen a lot of avatars on CC. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like yours....interesting user name too.

However, I do agree that these could easily be handled differently. It's actually a bit of a pain to redeem certs through BOA.

When I order more than one certificate, for some reason they always arrive in separate envelopes. Usually several days apart. I have never understood this....why not process and mail together? :confused:

Exactly, I thought that in this day and age, that we shouldn't have to rely on snail mail. Why can't you fill out a form electronically on line and click submit.

Thank you it makes me feel better to know that yours arrived several days apart. So maybe the other one will show up shortly.

Thanks, I did call them and I have the certificate numbers, and I even called RCCL but since the sailing date is so far off they will not take the numbers over the phone.

Great, now I have to ask BOA that question as well when I call back on Tuesday. It does say it expires on 8/27/11, but I thought that ment it had to be submitted to RCCL NLT that date. :(

Asked C&A this very question today. Certificates do not have to actually be used in 6 months but must be redeemed within the 6 months. I have some that expire in August 2011 and want to apply to January 2012 sailing. Advised as long as they were sent in by the August expiration date, they can be applied to the January sailing. Hope this helps you.

Thank goodness! One less worry.

Maybe we should start a blog to RCI, and tell them to accept the certificates by email; or directly from BOA. Once we call BOA to redeem the certificates; they should send RCI an email with our name and certificate number.

Archived