On the Riviera....

JimandStan

Maybe, but Riviera won't be going to Monte Carlo on the Maiden Voyage.

Thank you, Don-

FYI, Marseilles to Vence is definitely doable. We've done it personally, and although the drive was slightly longer than from Monte Carlo, it was also more scenic.

I'm really getting excited about this! Jim and Stan, Glen and Cenia, Kaye and Tarmo, Jan and Stu -- this really IS a reunion cruise. Betsy just wrote to Denise to see if she will be aboard.

However, we won't be on the B2B -- not financially feasible, and because a cruise with 22 days with only 2 sea days is beyond my health capacity. I know I could skip some ports, but which ones? They all sound great.

Great Cenia! -although we won't be on the B2B unless our friends at the Lottery come thru! :D

Have you guys been to St. Paul Vence?

St-Paul-de-Vence.jpg

Just a hop, skip and a jump from Marseilles ;)

And in the afternoon, a stroll through the Flower Market before getting back on the ship.........heaven!

imgdb-174.dimg

I loved St. Paul Vence on our first O cruise last April---Pearls of the Riveria! This year the Marina is going to do that itinerary. Beautiful ship, beautiful ports...........that is heaven!!:D

Judy

Great Cenia! -although we won't be on the B2B unless our friends at the Lottery come thru! :D

Have you guys been to St. Paul Vence?

St-Paul-de-Vence.jpg

Just a hop, skip and a jump from Marseilles ;)

Well I definitely wouldn't call St. Paul de Vence a Hop Skip and Jump from Marseilles. As it's a 2 hour drive and 200 KM and that's 2 hours on a good day - god help you on a weekend. But that aside, you guys are killing me!!! we've been trying to decide between a land trip and a cruise, of course our land trip involves 3 nights in St. Paul! This picture is not helping Oceania's case ;)

Last May, we took the train from Marseilles to Arles for the day: great Roman history (excellent Roman historical museum with lots of models and great label copy) plus vanGogh, all in one charming walled city.

You also could take the train to Avignon.

Can you tell we are history nuts?:)

We also had a day on that cruise that started in Nice, where we enjoyed that lovely flower market, that went to the fabulous Chagall Museum, then took the bus to Eze and then back to the ship, which had moved on to Monte Carlo mid-day. Bliss!

As amazing as it seems, it's getting to be time to think about the Rivieras' maiden voyage. :D

Who is "in"?

I would love to be, but my travel companion still is thinking about it. We had a couple of rainy days on our cruise this past year in the Western Med that started in late April, so Mr. Needs-the-Sun to be happy is a bit leery of cruising this area in mid-April.

I would love to be, but my travel companion still is thinking about it. We had a couple of rainy days on our cruise this past year in the Western Med that started in late April, so Mr. Needs-the-Sun to be happy is a bit leery of cruising this area in mid-April.

Here in Florida, it's sunny all the time. when it's raining, we call it liquid sunshine...maybe it's the same in Italy and such ;)

As amazing as it seems, it's getting to be time to think about the Rivieras' maiden voyage. :D

Who is "in"?

Will be trying to get a cabin (any cabin) but being from Australia it is very hard to get bookings on 1st day. Being on the same cruise with Stan & Jim etc would be so much fun. You have both helped me greatly off these boards as well as on CC. If you know any US travel agent that can book us - send me their details please.

Rhonda - rhohea23@yahoo.com.au

I'm afraid you're out of luck. I checked with my agent who said that Oceania has an exclusive arrangement with an Australian agent. So no U.S. agent will be able to help you.

This is true of other countries as well. (Not necessarily ALL other countries, I'm not sure about that.)

Mura

From Livorno I highly recommend a train to Lucca instead of trying to cram in Florence in so short a time. Lucca is a walled city with great charm and history and is very near to Livorno.

That's what we did last May (after having spent five nights in Florence a few years back with a day trip by train split between Pisa and Lucca, but left feeling that was not enough time for Lucca).

We had a marvelous day in Lucca, a lovely place with nice gardens, nice museums, good food and walls turned into gardens on which you can walk all around the walled old part of town. The train delivers you right across the street from an entrance to the walled old part of the city, and Rick Steves' (my favorite) guidebooks has an excellent chapter devoted to Lucca.

We were on the Regatta in early April last year and we also had a couple of rainy days. Actually, the day we were in Livorno, it was very windy and cold. We had previously been to Florence and had planned to go to Lucca. When we got off the ship and saw how cold it was, we immediately got back on and went to the spa for a massage. Our itinerary did not have any sea days, so we actually enjoyed the day on the ship. We also spent some time in the beautiful library reading.:)

Going to Istanbul via

Alexandria, Egypt; Cairo (Port Said), Egypt; Haifa, Israel; Jerusalem (Ashdod), Israel+; Alanya, Turkey;

Rhodes, Greece; Patmos, Greece; Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey

Going to Istanbul via

Alexandria, Egypt; Cairo (Port Said), Egypt; Haifa, Israel; Jerusalem (Ashdod), Israel+; Alanya, Turkey;

Rhodes, Greece; Patmos, Greece; Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey

I'd kill to do this b2b with the maiden voyage!

Cenia & Glenn are my idols

Jim

If I am reading the itinerary correctly, the way it is written, it looks like our European city overnight will be Livorno which will be great. We took the train to Florence before and it was really pushing it to get back to the ship before sailing. In fact we didn't see a third of what there was to see since it was so crowded.

I'd kill to do this b2b with the maiden voyage!

Cenia & Glenn are my idols

Jim

We'll be booking the Maiden Voyage and the Apr. 24th Athens to Istanbul as early as we can on the 16th!!

We can't allow you two to run about unsupervised again!!

We'll be booking the Maiden Voyage and the Apr. 24th Athens to Istanbul as early as we can on the 16th!!

We can't allow you two to run about unsupervised again!!

Cant wait to see you ..though I know we will get together this summer..

Jancruz1

Archived