Allure Secrets??? Past Cruisers, Tell Us Please!!!!

1. Sailaway show at Aqua Theater around 5:15pm

2. Ocean Aria at Aqua Theater (book online)

3. Blue Planet main theater (book online)

4. Ice cream machines; one in wipeout cafe, other between the two forward pools (free)

5. Sorrento's pizza(u don't have to grab a slice; you can order your own fresh made pizza; ask for a box then take it to central park to eat)

6. Boardwalk Dogs; (free and nice selection)

7. Pinnacle Lounge: deck 16 (nice view for picture taking)

8. Shuffle Board courts are located behind Aquatheater

9. There are two balconies by the aquatheater; both sides of ship; good for viewing shows and or just relaxing

10. Lobster night 2nd formal nite

What if any free drinks are available at the DOG HOUSE?

I had a great time scrap booking on the Oasis last summer. They offered several one hour sessions and provided kits with papers and all sorts of embellishments at no extra charge. The equipment was really good and I talked my husband into joining me for a few sessions so that we received a few extra packages. Now if I could just finish it!

I am sure if you check the daily program, it will be listed on the Allure, as well. That is, if it's "your thing".They even had a special craft room devoted to it as an activity.

1. Try the Solarium Bistro. I am really in the minority and NOT a fan of the roast beef sandwiches at park café. They do have nice custom salads at Park cafe

2. Johnny Rockets has a fresh (free) breakfast each morning. It was never crowded the week we sailed.

3. Don’t forget to pre-book shows but - you might get into show you did not or could not book

4. Watch the folks on the flow riders and zip-line

5. Try to explore the ship. You will still go a whole week and miss things

Most important - ENJOY

M

Somehow, I missed this originally! Thanks so much for your response. What does Johnny Rockets serve for breakfast?

I see the hot dog stand is free, what about the donut shop? Thanks

The donut shop is free; it is directly across from Dog House on the boardwalk. it is open from 7:30-11:00. they have donuts; and a coffee/tea bar. At 11 they close it down.

Somehow, I missed this originally! Thanks so much for your response. What does Johnny Rockets serve for breakfast?

Johnny Rockets serves, omelttes, eggs, pancakes, toast, it is sort of a small diner with a small breakfast menu. The good thing about Johnny Rockets is; it has hot made to oder food; the food in windjammer and solarium bistro, gets cold; I was in both windjammer and solarium and pancakes were cold; now i could have asked one of the servers to make me fresh pancakes; but instead I went to Johnny's where they were cooked to order.

1. Sailaway show at Aqua Theater around 5:15pm

2. Ocean Aria at Aqua Theater (book online)

3. Blue Planet main theater (book online)

4. Ice cream machines; one in wipeout cafe, other between the two forward pools (free)

5. Sorrento's pizza(u don't have to grab a slice; you can order your own fresh made pizza; ask for a box then take it to central park to eat)

6. Boardwalk Dogs; (free and nice selection)

7. Pinnacle Lounge: deck 16 (nice view for picture taking)

8. Shuffle Board courts are located behind Aquatheater

9. There are two balconies by the aquatheater; both sides of ship; good for viewing shows and or just relaxing

10. Lobster night 2nd formal nite

Thanks for all the great tips....Allure is a BIG ship and I'm sure 7 days isn't enough time to see and do everything, so it's nice to have an idea of places and things not to miss!:)

Johnny Rockets serves, omelttes, eggs, pancakes, toast, it is sort of a small diner with a small breakfast menu. The good thing about Johnny Rockets is; it has hot made to oder food; the food in windjammer and solarium bistro, gets cold; I was in both windjammer and solarium and pancakes were cold; now i could have asked one of the servers to make me fresh pancakes; but instead I went to Johnny's where they were cooked to order.

Thank you! Do you know if you can also get hot made to order eggs, pancakes, etc in the main dining room?

MDR has a limited menu for both breakfast and lunch. They do make your food to order. MDR has a great chop chop salad bar at lunch. We ate there once; and it was great. I believe lunch is served on deck 4 for lunch; but I may be off by one deck. The dining room is on decks 3,4, and 5; but I believe lunch is on deck 4

I had a great time scrap booking on the Oasis last summer. They offered several one hour sessions and provided kits with papers and all sorts of embellishments at no extra charge. The equipment was really good and I talked my husband into joining me for a few sessions so that we received a few extra packages. Now if I could just finish it!

I am sure if you check the daily program, it will be listed on the Allure, as well. That is, if it's "your thing".They even had a special craft room devoted to it as an activity.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the heads up!

MDR has a limited menu for both breakfast and lunch. They do make your food to order. MDR has a great chop chop salad bar at lunch. We ate there once; and it was great. I believe lunch is served on deck 4 for lunch; but I may be off by one deck. The dining room is on decks 3,4, and 5; but I believe lunch is on deck 4

Thanks!

Deck 14 forward has a large viewing deck. Except for times when the ship is sailing into or out of port it is practically empty. You get the captain's view from here, and there are telescopes on both sides of the ship. We went there several times and it was unbelievably quiet. Even during sail away it didn't get too busy like the outside decks do on some ships. It's all the way forward, and you have to access it from the left side of the ship when facing forward inside. Also, several of the decks including 14 have aft decks overlooking the Aqua Theater which are also very, very quiet during the day.

Deck 14 forward has a large viewing deck. Except for times when the ship is sailing into or out of port it is practically empty. You get the captain's view from here, and there are telescopes on both sides of the ship. We went there several times and it was unbelievably quiet. Even during sail away it didn't get too busy like the outside decks do on some ships. It's all the way forward, and you have to access it from the left side of the ship when facing forward inside. Also, several of the decks including 14 have aft decks overlooking the Aqua Theater which are also very, very quiet during the day.

Thanks! I see you are just back from your Allure cruise. Did you go to Falmouth? What was your general feel of the ship?

Love the little sandwiches in the Cafe Promenade. I love sitting at the back of the ship on deck 5 (thats where the jogging track is). I wouldn't do it at night, it would probably be creepy if you were by yourself. Check out the Viking Crown Lounge it is beautiful.

Thanks! Can't wait to check out your tips!

Things I love about Allure (and love Oasis too.)

1. Solarium Bistro for lunch and breakfast. For lunch I was nuts about the do-it-yourself gazpacho soup. All the fixings are arranged and you add what you want to the basic tomato stock. It was heavenly and I had it every day.

2. The jazz club. Wonderful clubby feel with great chairs and no smoking. This palce is a gem.

3. The comedy club when the comedians are hot. I've been when the comedians were not so hot, but when they are cooking, I laugh myself silly.

4. Hubby says the roast beef sandwich at Park Cafe is to die for. I am vegetarian, so this is passed on by him and my son who agrees with him.

5. The carrousel. I find this such great fun and I am a big kid at age 67. Secret: You don't have to ride a horse. There is a nice comfy bench to sit on for the less agile folks such as myself.

6. Hint: If you do the on board zipline, keep your feet up for the landing. My son got it right his first trip. His second trip he hurt his knee.

7. There is the full length ice show but there is also a shorter one called "How to Tame Your Dragon." If you aren't quite up for the full length one, check out the shorter one which is especially for youngsters but Hubby still loves it.

8. Check out the wedding chapel. It is so peaceful there and the view is incredible.

9. My fave spot for morning is the rear of the ship, behind the FlowRiders. There are chaise lounges at that spot and free telescopes for viewing Cuba and the Bahamas in the distance. It is very breezy and cool even on the warmest mornings. The wake of the ship is spectacular and whips up so many shades of ocean blue. I love the wake of Allure.

10. Allure's art and sculpture. The stairwells have art at every landing (as do all RCI ships.) Some of the art mystifies me because I could do as well myself, but some is spectacular and exciting.

11. The staff in the Allure cosmetics and perfumery are the most helpful of any RCI ship I have sailed. On some RCI ships, they are distant, unhelpful, bored, or aloof or all of the above.

12. The sports deck staff on Allure is outstanding and so helpful and dedicated. I truly hope they do not get jaded from cruise after cruise. Anyway, Allure is still new enough that their enthusiasm is conatgeous.

13. If you are fortunate enough to have a suite or are Diamond Plus, the Concierge Lounge is second to none. The view is amazing. Only the Diamond Lounges on Feedom Class ships come close. I don't see anyway RCI can top this lounge or dedicate so much space on their new Sunshine Class ships.

14. In my opinion...and it is just mine...the MDR does not hold up against the Premium restaurants. The service is too slow and impersonal because the waiters are too rushed. The food is banquet food at best. In fact, The Windjammer had better food at night. If I sail Allure or Oasis again, I will skip the MDR every night and just do other shipboard restaurants.

15. The gym has amazing equipment and staff but lost a great feature of other RCI gyms--the spectacular view. I prefer the track because you get the fresh ocean air and views between the life boats.

16. The cupcake shop is a great idea but needs to offer mini-cupcakes for mini-indulgences.

17. On the Boardwalk, do not fail to check out the funny mirrors that make you fat, tall, skinny, and even upside down. I saw so many people blow right past these entertaining mirrors and never even notice.

18. The Blue Planet and the Dive Show were my favorites. I saw Ocean Aria three times. There's a really funny guy in it who dives like PeeWee Herman. So funny.

I know I have forgotten something. Allure is just an unbeliveable ship. When and if her prices drop, I will definitely return.

I am going on the Allure on June 5th. Which nights are formal nights in the dinning room? I would assume Monday would be the 1st formal night.

I've read they were on Monday (at Sea) and Thursday (at Sea) for the Western itinerary. The second formal night is the lobster dinner.

BTW - Join the Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1245667

Our favourite spot to lay out in the sun was at the back of the ship between the Flowriders. We were able to find reclining seats at 11:00 am easily while all the pool side seating had been taken early on in the morning. Also, while the rest of the ship was being attacked by some pretty strong sea winds, this spot was relatively calm and protected.

Archived