Alcohol packages

I was really hoping RCI would offer these drinks packages and now I hope they include Brilliance before our June Med cruise.

These packages are great. We had the Classic package on the =X= Eclipse last year and saved heaps of money :D

We were able to purchase our package before our cruise and it was printed on our card. Those that purchased on board had a sticker on their card.

Thanks for the info!

Will these packages include coffees, water and soda like the ones on X do? Thanks in advance for answering.

No these packages don't include soda, speciality coffees, non alcoholic drinks, bottled water or juice.

Pity they are not included as would have bought it as I only like occassion alcoholic drink but enjoy non alcoholic cocktails .

A much better idea would be to have a system similar to the OBC system, you buy a package at amount X and regardless of how many people are in your round the cost is deducted from the total amount.

So if there was only 2 of you and you had paid say $150 for 7 nights the figure reduces for every drink you buy and is charged to your seapass card ... so 2 drinks at say $7 each reduces your balance accordingly and it does not matter if you buy for 6 people on one night ..... :)

This would be a far better idea and cannot be abused because when you have spent your $150 you would either have to pay more in at customer services or have no more drinks.

A much better idea would be to have a system similar to the OBC system, you buy a package at amount X and regardless of how many people are in your round the cost is deducted from the total amount.

So if there was only 2 of you and you had paid say $150 for 7 nights the figure reduces for every drink you buy and is charged to your seapass card ... so 2 drinks at say $7 each reduces your balance accordingly and it does not matter if you buy for 6 people on one night ..... :)

This would be a far better idea and cannot be abused because when you have spent your $150 you would either have to pay more in at customer services or have no more drinks.

What is the advantage to doing this? Wouldn't it work out the same as just adding a drink to your card? The advantage of the packages is that if you are a moderate to heavy drinker, you save heaps by buying the packages. That is why people buy them.

That makes no sense. How is it different than setting up a cash account?

The new alcohol packages that RCI is proposing is just what we need.

New Alcoholic Beverage Packages

As an enhancement to Royal Caribbean International’s beverage program, we are excited to announce the launch of three Beverage Package options, giving our guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise holiday

Beverage packages are only available to book onboard on the following ships:

Independence of the Seas – available from 14th March 2011

Grandeur of the Seas - available from 13th March 2011

Legend of the Seas – available from 14th March 2011

Our customers will be able to enjoyable paying one set price for a wide variety of beverage choices

Beer Package:In this package customers can enjoy all beer brands onboard, by draft, can or bottle and house wines by the glass. Price: $29.00 per guest, per day

Classic Package:In the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the beer package as well as a list of spirits; brand names include Smirnoff, Beefeater and Johnny Walker and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $39.00 per guest, per day.

Premium Package:In the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the classic package as well as a list of premium spirits; brand names include Absolute, Bombay Sapphire and Johnny Walker Black and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $49.00 per guest, per day.

All above prices include gratuities and are based on per guest per day basis.

I am SO TORN.

I feel that it is my duty to report to all of you, as I will be boarding the Independence in 35 days.

You have come to rely on me for LIVE reports and other intensely necessary information.

I really SHOULD test this product and let you know how it works.

BUT(T)............................

I am currently on a health kick, and not drinking! :eek:

Besides, I am a lofty Diamond Plus (See current thread: Conceited and Arrogant Society ;)), and can get free drinks quite easily on board.

Decisions, decisions...................

Do I take one "for the team" or walk the straight and narrow???????????

Oh dear, oh dear..................

:p

;)

:D

I am SO TORN.

I feel that it is my duty to report to all of you, as I will be boarding the Independence in 35 days.

You have come to rely on me for LIVE reports and other intensely necessary information.

Besides, I am a lofty Diamond Plus (See current thread: Conceited and Arrogant Society ;)), and can get free drinks quite easily on board.

;)

Awwww come on Mom you know we need to know for sure now. :D You know that when you return we're all gonna be like kids wanting to know how it went, kinda like having to hear "are we there yet" from the kids in the back seat!

Alcohol drink packages...Other than just wine..Don't see it... Also doesn't seems like something RCI would just slip in on the down low without lot's of advertisement...:confused:

Look in Uk Cruisers Forum .As the news only broke yesterday.The 3 ships are Grandeur Indy and Legend

I am SO TORN.

;)

I am going on Indy in 2 days !!!!! so although I will not be buying this ( I do not drink enough ) my husband is so will report back how it went lol

Please Please Please roll this out fleet wide!

It will help with budgeting, hehe, it may also help stop me buying crazy drinks if I try and limit myself to a lower package.

Oops (RCI, don't read that bit).

I'd be really interested to know which 'house' wines are included in the $28 package.....will it be all or any of the wines that are currently served by the glass?

If anyone knows or will be taking this package in the near future please post

and let me know :D

Many thanks

Kim

Will these packages include coffees, water and soda like the ones on X do? Thanks in advance for answering.

No these packages don't include soda, speciality coffees, non alcoholic drinks, bottled water or juice.

This is a big mistake (IMHO)

When I drink, I know when I have had enough and I go on to Coke or water for a couple of drinks to ensure I don't make a drunken fool of myself.

People are also advised (for health reasons) to drink moderately and not to over indulge-I'm sure this is also in RCCL's T&C.

If people have the drinks package and can therefore drink as many "free" alcoholic drinks as they wish, SOME people will not switch to ordering soda's or water which is going to cost them extra-even if they know they have had enough to drink already.

Do RCCL really want to encourage passengers to over indulge on alcohol and have people staggering around the ship every evening?

Celebrity have got this right-we had the Premium liquor package on Constellation last October and loved it.

This is a big mistake (IMHO)

When I drink, I know when I have had enough and I go on to Coke or water for a couple of drinks to ensure I don't make a drunken fool of myself.

People are also advised (for health reasons) to drink moderately and not to over indulge-I'm sure this is also in RCCL's T&C.

If people have the drinks package and can therefore drink as many "free" alcoholic drinks as they wish, SOME people will not switch to ordering soda's or water which is going to cost them extra-even if they know they have had enough to drink already.

Do RCCL really want to encourage passengers to over indulge on alcohol and have people staggering around the ship every evening?

Celebrity have got this right-we had the Premium liquor package on Constellation last October and loved it.

I'm not disagreeing with you BUT if we were able to get these packages fleet wide I would GLADLY pay per glass for non-alcoholic beverages. Also, if you've drank that much you should be drinking water, which is free.

We are due to cruise for 11 nights on the Indy in October.

I am very happy to see the new drinks packages and think that for anyone who does like to have a drink whilst on holiday ( we do) they are very good value.

At around $8 for a glass of wine/beer/ cocktail you only need to have more than 4 drinks to get your monies worth.

Although we don't get go over board and get falling over drunk ( too old - can't hack the hangover) We do like to have a cocktail before dinner, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and a few drinks after in the bar or at the shows.

We will also have no nasty surprises at the end of the cruise as we will know how much we have spent.

I welcome the packages and hope they are still avaiable when we cruise.

We are due to cruise for 11 nights on the Indy in October.

I am very happy to see the new drinks packages and think that for anyone who does like to have a drink whilst on holiday ( we do) they are very good value.

At around $8 for a glass of wine/beer/ cocktail you only need to have more than 4 drinks to get your monies worth.

Although we don't get go over board and get falling over drunk ( too old - can't hack the hangover) We do like to have a cocktail before dinner, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and a few drinks after in the bar or at the shows.

We will also have no nasty surprises at the end of the cruise as we will know how much we have spent.

I welcome the packages and hope they are still avaiable when we cruise.

Yes, keep your last sentence with you at all times. :D

If it doesn't go well, either because people are seriously over-indulging or they aren't making money from it, it could be gone again by October.

;)

Archived