i'm just full of questions today!

anyone ever purchase expensive jewelry on board? is it really overpriced, or is it average, or actually a good deal?

Purchased the DW some dichroic glass jewelry and it was reasonably priced. She wanted to get a ring in the jewelry store but we found a much better price at Milano's in St. Marteen.

I found a watch I liked but again, we found a better price at one of our port stops.

You really have to know a lot about jewelry or watches if you are going to shop on board. I bought a watch a few years ago, but I was with a friend who knows all about them. He pointed out which ones were good deals and which ones I could find cheaper on the islands.

anyone ever purchase expensive jewelry on board? is it really overpriced, or is it average, or actually a good deal?

Depends. DH got me a TAG diamond Links chrono watch onboard one year. The shop offered to match any offer we got on the islands. They obviously knew that no one discounted the Links. ;):D

Sure enough, their price was as good or slightly better than anything else we were offered. We also knew the prices online and at home before we left home. We bought onboard so we could come back to them if we had problems with the watch.

Bottom line, we got a good/fair price but no huge savings. But I love my watch and it was a perfect "souvenier" for a special cruise. :)

I got ammolite earrings on NCL b/c besides a shop in the Cayman Islands, NCL was the only place to get it from the Canadian based company. They had fair prices, especially compared to when I just looked in the shop on Grand Cayman in February.

On the past RCCL cruise we just went on in Feb, there were a pair of black diamond earrings I really liked that weren't priced too badly. I think it is hit or miss depending on what you are looking at. One cruise my husband bought a watch for a good price.

Sometimes off ship is better, sometimes it isn't. Either way, chances are you might find a better deal than at home!

Citizen watches-great prices. I also bought a tanzanite ring onboard-tad overpriced. I won't buy diamonds onboard. You can find much better deals on diamonds in St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Archived