P&O Loyalty Programme

Sandielle

Having just returned from the Pacific Pearl I can confirm this.I got quite friendly with the FCL lady.After a few drinks she did confirm this.All the previous posters are correct but they are scathingly referred as the "povo poor".She did hint of an even better offer.Any person purchasing a FCL and could prove that they were a company CEO would also receive a bonus 1000 posts on cruise critic.Surely nobody could refuse that :p

Having just returned from the Pacific Pearl I can confirm this.I got quite friendly with the FCL lady.After a few drinks she did confirm this.All the previous posters are correct but they are scathingly referred as the "povo poor".She did hint of an even better offer.Any person purchasing a FCL and could prove that they were a company CEO would also receive a bonus 1000 posts on cruise critic.Surely nobody could refuse that :p

why would you want to have 1000 bonus points on CC....doesnt make sense?

anyway CEO need explaining how the FCL works

Thied,

Unfortunately neither I (nor the others from what I read) believe you were on the Pacific Dawn from Wellington to Brisbane as this cruise was not split into sectors.

If you would like to prove me wrong, please tell us about the cruise. Tell us some things that only someone who had been on the ship would know. For instance - who were the guest entertainers; who were the guest lecturers (or what subjects did they speak on); tell us about the day in Akaroa (what the town was like; what the weather was like). It was certainly a memorable day!!

BTW, we can afford any cruise we want and can certainly afford the full deposit, so it is somewhat offensive to suggest that only people who can't afford it would go for a FCL. Just as most of us shop around for a good price (or have our favourite TA) and don't just pay full brochure fare. You constantly tell us what a good price you get from your TA. If your argument is carried through, you would be paying full brochure fare and not bothering getting a good price from a TA.

I think this continuing argument trying to explain the benefits of FCL results from stubbornness in not wanting to accept something new or to admit you didn't get it.:D This is said with all due respect to yourself.:D

PS - It has provided some laughs.

Having just returned from the Pacific Pearl I can confirm this.I got quite friendly with the FCL lady.After a few drinks she did confirm this.All the previous posters are correct but they are scathingly referred as the "povo poor".She did hint of an even better offer.Any person purchasing a FCL and could prove that they were a company CEO would also receive a bonus 1000 posts on cruise critic. Surely nobody could refuse that :p

Love it! :) I hereby grant you the THM Gold Class award!

Cheers

Sandie L, M.P.C. *

* Member of the Povo Class

To my knowledge P&O do not sell sectors on their Pacific or New Zealand cruises.

However, there is a one way repositioning cruise from Auckland to Brisbane on the Pacific Dawn - W138N, 5 Nights (departs 24 October 2011), but this a special one off relocation of the PD from it's use as accommodation during the Rugby World Cup back to it's home port.

Jenny

thied, you made a statement that p&o is giving past passengers $100 each well when the new cruises come in from aug 2012 my TA is offering OBC plus past passengers get an extra $100 PP OBC and if you have an FCL you should get it again.....better than what p&o is offering

OMG - has someone been bending the banana too much??

Regardless, I'm pleased to see that at long last a P&O Loyalty Program will be on offer soon...however I'm miffed that apart from our upcoming cruises in April/May, our P&O cruises in Nov 2011 and March 2012 are already deposited so even if we get a FCL in April, we can't apply it.

I just hope that as we "did the right thing" and booked early, and now lost out on the FCL benefits, then those cruises will be included in our Captains Circle recognition program.

Me thinks you guys and gals have gone way beyond the call of duty on this thread and perhaps a little light relief is required.

My wife is still asking the exact same questions regarding the room temperatures in our house but I have hopefully cheered folks up when describing this very long term saga..

Life goes on part II

This morning my wife is in a hurry to go out

Wife.. "Have you seen my mobile phone, I have searched everywhere and cannot find it?"

Me... "No, but I will try ringing it so we can locate it"

Wife... "Don't do that as the phone is turned off!"

Me... "Okay"

I then sneak out my phone and do the dastardly deed.

In the distance I can hear the ring tone and off we go to in hot persuit of this runaway deserter. It had obviously thought it would never be located as I found it in our drying room in her dog walking jacket which was right at the back of other clothing but thankfully the man could be heard singing away :)

I call to my wife and explain I had located it by dialling the number and was she pleased??

Wife... "I checked those jackets but did never found it"

Silly me... "Lucky I dialled it then" (smug grin very quickly regretted)

Wife..... "Look what you've done, the battery has gone flat because you dialled it!" :confused::confused:;)

If ever a ring tone was apt and I cannot think of a better one. :) We have been married for over forty years and in truth she is a hero for putting up with me for so long but I do have to laugh (Behind her back and never within earshot) and if she ever reads this message then I guess folks might be ringing the phone again to locate it ;)

Meanwhile how do I get this $100 Onboard Credit please?

Glojo, it's great to have others with a sense of humour here. :) ;) As for the FCL and OBC, you have to buy it when you are actually on a P&O Australia cruise. We've not had a Loyalty scheme here - the only thing is that past passengers get invited to the Captain's Cocktail Party. In the past I've heard you could get a discount if you booked straight from P&O, however you can always get cheaper fares and more OBC from TAs (especially online TAs). Now they have these Future Cruise Letters (you can't lose by buying them) and are bringing in a Loyalty Scheme in July. (We are all waiting with bated breath to see just what!!! :cool: )

Incidentally, I think I'd get on really well with your wife. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Sandy (who wishes she COULD claim a convict! It's trendy!) Member of the Povo Class, P&O Stooge and Member of the Purple Coven. (There are probably other titles as well, but I've just had a glass of bubbly and can't remember!)

I am quite uninterested in Cruiseline loyalty schemes - and membership of any such scheme would only influence any cruise selection we make in the future very very slightly.

We am now members of the second lowest order (out of six) of the P&O UK Peninsular Club. The main benefit of this is a 7&1/2% discount on any onboard spending. That is OK - it's better than a poke in the eye, I suppose. BUT - to get to this lowly level of membership, we had to spend 80 days onboard P&O ships at a cost of $24,000AUD. Hence I am not overwhelmed by the scheme and I am afraid to say that my "loyalty" cannot be bought so cheaply.

Barry

I am not sure that anyone has mentioned the very good perk for us Australian and Kiwi cruisers that the deposit IS REFUNDABLE if you change your mind for any reason if you use a FCL for your deposit. as well as the perk of low deposit and extra on board credit

This bring the booking under similar regulations as happen in the USA :eek:

I am not sure that anyone has mentioned the very good perk for us Australian and Kiwi cruisers that the deposit IS REFUNDABLE if you change your mind for any reason if you use a FCL for your deposit. as well as the perk of low deposit and extra on board credit

This bring the booking under similar regulations as happen in the USA :eek:

Oh thank you for that info...... I didn't know that. :)

Jilly:)

Archived