Royal Princess it is!

JanieCaper

It will probably be a long while before we get much more new news on the Royal, particularly any details about the insides. We can only hope it won't be too long.

Yeah, they'll prolong the "agony" for as long as possible. :p

From Facebook..... "The ship's lower berth capacity is 3,600. "

So more passengers once they add in the 3rd and 4th capacity right?

Bummer!!

Apparently, some of us aren't approaching this new birth with the reverence and awe that we're supposed to have. Our bad.

What "unwarranted" complaints are you talking about.

1. There will be an extra charge for the cabanas.

2. There will not be any oceanview cabins.

3. There clearly is no aft pool.

4. She is a big ship.

5. The catwalk's glass floor will extend beyond the sides of the ship, therefore anything beneath it along the sides of the ship will obviously be visible, barring some optical illusion.

My guess is officers cabins, same as on the other ships in that position?

Something else that I'm a little concerned about is that with no Promenade Deck, what happens to all those lovely big picture windows that line the passageways and public rooms on that deck? That's one of the things that's best about Princess ships, knowing you can always catch sight of the sea even when indoors. Unlike aboard the floating shopping malls of Royal Caribbean, for example! This rendering is ambiguous in showing what's going on there down on Deck 7.

I, too, am concerned about the apparent lack of a wraparound Promenade (one of the best features of the current fleet). But there is some sort of outside deck (aft, mid and forward) where the Promenade should be. Hopefully these will be cool areas... we'll have to wait and see... sigh.

We look forward to sailing the Royal however may have to wait for awhile. As I recall, in the past new ships pricing is higher which is what happens when there's more demand than supply. :rolleyes:

I think we can count on that!

We look forward to sailing the Royal however may have to wait for awhile. As I recall, in the past new ships pricing is higher which is what happens when there's more demand than supply. :rolleyes:

If you have to ask the price then you can't afford to buy it:D Well that is what i was always told:rolleyes:

Hugh:p

If you have to ask the price then you can't afford to buy it:D Well that is what i was always told:rolleyes:

Hugh:p

That's why I don't consider the luxury lines...I don't have unlimited funds. ;)

Had a friend go to a house for sale & that was exactly what they told them. :rolleyes: Oh well, that's okay with me...I'll just have to wait until the Royal becomes affordable & continue to sail whenever possible. :D

We are very disappointed that Princess would design a ship after the "S" class of Celebrity. We only do suites and hate the suites on the back of the ship on Celebrity, no privacy and full sun. We love the fully covered aft suites on the Crown class ships.

The 2 pools remind us of the Sea and old "Star" a little like the "S" class -too bad MUTS is there, we would only go if we knew we would for sure get the Sanctuary. Like the adults only pool on Celebrity better and it is enclosed.

We will cruise the older Princess ships or go back to "S" in a balcony where you don't get smokers. I know why they gave the ship the name, but it does not do the original Royal justice.

Was looking so forward to booking this ship, now we will not, too bad Princess missed on this ship.

Probably another year. :( through April 2013 goes on sale tomorrow. She debuts in May 2013

Thank You ~ It's been a while since I have been on Princess but I would like to go on one again, I think I hear this one calling me:D

We are very disappointed that Princess would design a ship after the "S" class of Celebrity. We only do suites and hate the suites on the back of the ship on Celebrity, no privacy and full sun. We love the fully covered aft suites on the Crown class ships.

The 2 pools remind us of the Sea and old "Star" a little like the "S" class -too bad MUTS is there, we would only go if we knew we would for sure get the Sanctuary. Like the adults only pool on Celebrity better and it is enclosed.

We will cruise the older Princess ships or go back to "S" in a balcony where you don't get smokers. I know why they gave the ship the name, but it does not do the original Royal justice.

Was looking so forward to booking this ship, now we will not, too bad Princess missed on this ship.

Maybe you should wait until you can base your decision on more than a drawing

I am psyched that the balconies are not staggered!!! We were going to cancel our future cruise credit because we just hate the balcony design on most Princess ships, but it's good through 2013, so the plan has changed! We'll definitely be watching for itineraries on this new ship and hope something works for us.

Apparently, some of us aren't approaching this new birth with the reverence and awe that we're supposed to have. Our bad.

What "unwarranted" complaints are you talking about.

1. There will be an extra charge for the cabanas.

2. There will not be any oceanview cabins.

3. There clearly is no aft pool.

4. She is a big ship.

5. The catwalk's glass floor will extend beyond the sides of the ship, therefore anything beneath it along the sides of the ship will obviously be visible, barring some optical illusion.

yep, unwarranted that's right

1.a few cabanas only u would not get a chance on them unless u r a chair hog

2.who books oceanview anymore

3.other pools ---different locations

4.big ship-when was the last small ship built

5.hundreds of other rooms available.

That's why I don't consider the luxury lines...I don't have unlimited funds. ;)

Had a friend go to a house for sale & that was exactly what they told them. :rolleyes: Oh well, that's okay with me...I'll just have to wait until the Royal becomes affordable & continue to sail whenever possible. :D

I am with you it is expensive to sail and I am sure the Royal will not be cheap.

Hugh

We are going with the "wait & see" attitude & looking forward to sailing on her. I remember our first Princess cruise on the Grand - who then boasted the most balconies at sea. That was why we booked our first balcony, the price was right & not much more than a window view on RCCL or Carnival.;) Like others have said, probably pricey at first but after awhile the prices will come down.

4.big ship-when was the last small ship built

Every time a new ship is built you will see comments of people expressing frustration that it's not a small ship. However, I didn't see too many here expressing the same frustration that the old Royal Princess is being transferred out by Princess. Princess very easily could have gone for major upgrades and refurbishment to that ship and chose not to. It will be interesting to see what Princess does with other small ships as the fleet ages because it doesn't appear that they are in any hurry to build any new smaller ships.

From what I understand, the "duck tail" helps to direct water back down to the propellers thereby increasing efficiency.

rick i agree, i am wondering what the Grand is going to "look like" after skywalkers is removed ( i believe that was also partially a fuel efficiency move, no? )and wondering what the Onefive Lounge will be like on her(not long to wait!) also wondering if the major changes on that ship will be made on others.... ......

as far as the new RP

love the concept of only balcony cabins outside, seems like there would have to be an expanded piazza and more public venue space on the lower decks with no o/v obstructeds or o/vs. Much sleeker look and the lifeboats seem more'tucked under' the sides on the new RP

But it looks like it is strictly for Sanctuary users. It replaces the Lotus Spa pool which was open to everyone.

I would wait and see as it only a 'few' features that are mentioned, its a large ship and still no telling what is 'inside' as far as the spa ...that was a really quick video and it goes by fast, the descriptive is obviously going to be 'spoon fed' to us in terms of the final blueprint with all the features. I did only see maybe two pools on the main top deck , but who knows what is tucked underneath the sea walk etc...i could not determine that. Anyone else know?

I guess I shouldn't say I would never go on it, but I would probably wait for a flash or last minute sale and wouldn't go on a long cruise.:cool:

That way I'd find out if I wanted to cruise more on this ship.

Now hopefully when they start giving out more info we'll find out that

they have a wrap around promenade deck on one level :D

That they will have another pool for adults near the aft.

I really wish they would have a lounge area that would be a crossover of skywalkers, the old Crown/Regal forward lounge with the windows, and the lounges on the R ships(10 forward). I love being able to sit and have a drink and look out at the sea or as we are leaving the port. During the day they could utilize it on the style of the International Cafe. I do not like the dark and dreary lounges or areas without windows. And it would be nice to have a quiet place for relaxing with no music or real soft relaxing music. JMHO:)

It will be interesting to see what Princess does with other small ships as the fleet ages because it doesn't appear that they are in any hurry to build any new smaller ships.

Remember that Princess did not build those small ships. They were acquired from a bankrupt cruise line.

2.who books oceanview anymore

Families with small children who do not want to take a chance a child would go out on a balcony by him/herself and climb over the railing, but who do not want an inside cabin.

People who can afford the oceanview prices but not the balcony prices.

Remember that Princess did not build those small ships. They were acquired from a bankrupt cruise line.

I hate to say it, but that is a very good point.

As with everything else, especially in a tight world economy, businesses cannot ignore the economies of scale. There is always a tipping point, however, and I'll be curious to see over time whether RCI may not have passed it with the Behemoths of the Sea. :p

Archived