Campaign to urge rccl for better desserts

The only two RCI desserts I like--the sugar-free Coconut Layer Cake and the great coconut cookies (fantastic!) Notice a theme here? BTW, Princess' desserts aren't that good either, so y'all aren't missing anything there. However, at least Princess' cheesecake does seem to have cheese!

Les

While I agree that most Royal Caribbean desserts are flavorless, every night at the Allure Windjammer, the chefs had a wonderful fruit cobbler, a different one each night. Plus, it was located near the ice cream, so you could top the cobbler with that. I really appreciated that dessert, but do find most rather uninspiring including the cookies.

Also I wish the cupcake shop would offer mini-cupcakes along with the humongous cupcakes they sell.

Again, I am reading that if you want a better dessert you have to be on the newer ships for RCCL, have to spend money at the speciality restaurants or at the newer Cupcake stand on Oasis/Allure...

RCCL can you offer better tasting desserts to the other ships in your fleet that are available for passengers in the Windjammer and the Main Dining Rooms please.

What would be their motivation? Would you cruise a different cruise line for better desserts? I'm thinking they won't improve if it isn't financially driven. I don't eat a lot but I do eat desserts. I'm worse than my kids. Even the desserts on Disny Magic were hit or miss. BUT they always have a Mickey bar ( chocolate covered ice cream Mickey head)!!

Okay good idea...now we need a similar ice cream bar created for RCCL...how about a similar ice cream bar to Dairy Queen's Buster or Dilly Bar that has the RCCL logo embedded in chocolate over the ice cream??? Do I need to get a patent for this product? BETTER DESSERTS PLEASE RCCL!

What would be their motivation? Would you cruise a different cruise line for better desserts? I'm thinking they won't improve if it isn't financially driven. I don't eat a lot but I do eat desserts. I'm worse than my kids. Even the desserts on Disny Magic were hit or miss. BUT they always have a Mickey bar ( chocolate covered ice cream Mickey head)!!

Well, I for one can say that we did switch cruiselines (albeit to sister company Celebrity) on our last trip and one of the big reasons was that we had got tired of the food. We like longer itineraries and with cruising once a year, some of the offerings we getting old fast!

I love dessert and some of the MDR offerings have been the only time in my life where I have left one unfinished. Celebrity's were SO much better- creamier mousses, properly dense cheesecake, rich chocolate desserts. And the variety of their ice creams was incredible!

I like some of the offerings in the WJ and the Promenade Cafe, but I whole-heartedly agree- better desserts, please RCI!

So far only been on 1 HAL cruise, but ITA with the OP. I and my DD were totally disappointed with the desserts. We ended up having most nights the chocolate cake---the one that is so dense in gooey chocolate..it was great. All the other options just did not float our boat, so to speak. Sure wish they would have more variety.

Sign my whole family up!!!! Love Royal Caribbean but this has been an issue for all of us since we started cruising (2003) !!! They look great but that's about it! Some have absolutely no taste at all and then some do but we thought at first that maybe the ship had run out of sugar!!! Let's hope they listen!!!!

I did not realize that Celebrity desserts are better than RCCL and that cruisers are also tired of the menu on RCCL so they even switch the cruise line they travel with because of the food. WOW---that is a message that ought to wake up RCCL Mr. Goldstein and his team of experts in the food end of RCCL leadership. TIME TO WAKE UP RCCL TEAM THE PEOPLE ARE SPEAKING! THEY WANT BETTER DESSERTS WITH BETTER INGREDIENTS!;)

I now eat in the specialty restaurants as much as possible. Food quality has gone downhill and it shows in taste and texture. I once said if the customers accepted this less in quality it would get worse which it has. Many cheerleaders on this board pretend that the food is ok and they do not have to cook it and clean up. How many times have you read that. Some customers have accepted this because of the lower cruise prices and thats what they want. RCCL is interested in making profit and every time I eat in the specialty restaurent they make more which is good for them. And its also good for me cause I now can eat a steak that tastes like a steak. So continue to accept less quality and one day they will be serving some real slop but you wont have to cook it or clean up.

I now eat in the specialty restaurants as much as possible. Food quality has gone downhill and it shows in taste and texture. I once said if the customers accepted this less in quality it would get worse which it has. Many cheerleaders on this board pretend that the food is ok and they do not have to cook it and clean up. How many times have you read that. Some customers have accepted this because of the lower cruise prices and thats what they want. RCCL is interested in making profit and every time I eat in the specialty restaurent they make more which is good for them. And its also good for me cause I now can eat a steak that tastes like a steak. So continue to accept less quality and one day they will be serving some real slop but you wont have to cook it or clean up.

Totally agree...I have already been discussing with my husband that we will have to spend more money on this cruise to get a better quality meal. I love other features of RCCL but the overall food quality needs overhaul and I for one when on vacation want a decent quality dessert as my treat for working so hard to even afford the cruise in the first place. RCCL are you listening to your cruise consumers as of yet?

Totally agree...I have already been discussing with my husband that we will have to spend more money on this cruise to get a better quality meal. I love other features of RCCL but the overall food quality needs overhaul and I for one when on vacation want a decent quality dessert as my treat for working so hard to even afford the cruise in the first place. RCCL are you listening to your cruise consumers as of yet?

I do not think RCCL is listening but neither are any of the other mass market cruise lines. Just got off the celebrity and it is no different. Again customers want low prices and are willing to give up on quality. Also new cruisers dont know how it used to be and are willing to accept what they are offering. Its just better to go to the specialty restaurents now.

I do not think RCCL is listening but neither are any of the other mass market cruise lines. Just got off the celebrity and it is no different. Again customers want low prices and are willing to give up on quality. Also new cruisers dont know how it used to be and are willing to accept what they are offering. Its just better to go to the specialty restaurents now.

It is too bad that RCCL is not listening to consumers or any other cruise line. I remember the first time I cruised and everytime it seems like more and more is being taken away. The loss of quality though is just plain hard to take as these are my vacation dollars I am spending and I work hard for my money and thank goodness I can afford to take my husband and I on vacation. RCCL please take in consideration that we as cruisers that buy from your company our vacations are spending money with you all! What is so hard about reviewing your desserts and seeing what IMPROVEMENTS can be done instead of taking away from the quality!

Also I wish the cupcake shop would offer mini-cupcakes along with the humongous cupcakes they sell.

My SIL & family just got of Liberty, and she mentioned that she & my niece enjoyed the red velvet mini-cupcakes from the little shop.

I have to say, this thread just makes me shake my head in wonder ... I am a very picky eater, but I think most of the desserts are quite good, some are wonderful ... they're very flavorful ... there are some I don't care for because I simply don't like them (I don't like key lime pie, for example, or souffles), but overall we think the desserts are great!

Maybe I'll send Royal an email telling them to keep up the good work!! just kidding ... although I always fill out the surveys and mention particularly good or bad food

O.k., this is sort of what I'm talking about. You don't like the food you've already paid for so now they'll squeak more money out of you to eat better quality. They are making an even bigger profit (virtually by serving lesser quality). Genius!........... Until they see a decline in people cruising with them will they look to see why. I haven't cruised with RCCL for a number of years. Switched to Disney for the kids. Now we are returing and I hope it's not as bad as what's being reported. I'll be on FOS so at the very least I'll have Ben and Jerry's and the new cupcake shop.

O.k., this is sort of what I'm talking about. You don't like the food you've already paid for so now they'll squeak more money out of you to eat better quality. They are making an even bigger profit (virtually by serving lesser quality). Genius!........... Until they see a decline in people cruising with them will they look to see why. I haven't cruised with RCCL for a number of years. Switched to Disney for the kids. Now we are returing and I hope it's not as bad as what's being reported. I'll be on FOS so at the very least I'll have Ben and Jerry's and the new cupcake shop.

At an extra cost!;)

The extra costs for desserts will make me wait for dessert and buy it off the ship! Just reading everyone's comments is giving me the idea to wean off my sugar dessert needs and take my hard earning cash to restaurants off of Royal Caribbean in whatever areas I go too!

RCCL you will be the losers if you do not fix the desserts for cruisers. I would rather have a dessert that tastes great than a gelatin dessert that looks attractive but is terrible to even eat one bite!

The extra costs for desserts will make me wait for dessert and buy it off the ship! Just reading everyone's comments is giving me the idea to wean off my sugar dessert needs and take my hard earning cash to restaurants off of Royal Caribbean in whatever areas I go too!

RCCL you will be the losers if you do not fix the desserts for cruisers. I would rather have a dessert that tastes great than a gelatin dessert that looks attractive but is terrible to even eat one bite!

OK, now I am confused.:confused: Just how is RCI going to be the loser if you quit eating their desserts (so they can make less of them) and instead buy your desserts off the ship? The less people eat on the ship, the greater their profit.:p

I am thinking RCI is reading this and is quite pleased with themselves. :D

You will have to be prepared to leave RCI and vacation elsewhere if you mean to make RCI really take note.......:p

OK, now I am confused.:confused: Just how is RCI going to be the loser if you quit eating their desserts (so they can make less of them) and instead buy your desserts off the ship? The less people eat on the ship, the greater their profit.:p

I am thinking RCI is reading this and is quite pleased with themselves. :D

You will have to be prepared to leave RCI and vacation elsewhere if you mean to make RCI really take note.......:p

sometimes you just have to make a choice...

We've noticed the decline in desserts also. So I usually just get the featured ice cream of the evening.....until our last cruise. It was limited to vanilla every night but one. That was on Jewel. So now they are even messing with the ice cream. I was so disappointed.

We've not tried the alternative dining options. We're going on Radiance in June. Planning to eat at Samba's at least one night. Someone mentioned mudpie in Chops. I guess Chops will be gone from Radiance so no mud pie for me. Maybe Samba's will have something new and exciting.

Archived