Heads down!

Can'tstopcruising

I can't believe the new Captain's Club offer is excluding Canadians. I thought we were the friendly neighbours to the North. What gives' date=' Celebrity?[/quote']

Good point. I didn't see that til you pointed it out. There were a large number of Canadians on our Feb27 Solstice cruise.

CJ

I can't believe the new Captain's Club offer is excluding Canadians. I thought we were the friendly neighbours to the North. What gives' date=' Celebrity?[/quote']

Friendly?! don't you know what's going on there? All those nice, respecful, helpful Canadians, helping us when we get lost or need some help in their town and so on....its a plot! Haven't you heard the term 'Kill them with Kindness'?!? That what those Canadians are trying to do! Their friendly, helpful and sunny disposition is all a facade to take over the US!

Remember what John Steward said: "Quit worrying about our Southern Border being crossed....it those Canadians we have to worry about. They look like us, they talk lilke us and they are nicer then we are!". OK, I've completely lost track of what I'm talking about in this stupid post.

Den

I confirm, small print says we are not allowed to book early save $600 on an inflated price and are then forced to wait until price drops to normal before final payment date. or......

maybe it's cause our $$ was Sooooo high. (for a while)

I posted about this on another thread. I haven't been able to find the small print where it says "US residents only". I've only seen it copied by others, so I know it must be there. In the email I received addressing me by name, as if I mattered to them, there is nothing about the deal being offered to "US residents only"! There are only two categories listed though, Summit to Bermuda and the Canada/New England ones. People seem to be booking Europe, TA's, etc and I don't know how they know these itineraries are included in the $600 off deal. Maybe the favored US residents got different emails. I wish corporate Celebrity people would all get on the same page and give their Captains Club people the SAME information with which to answer questions before those of us who have been loyal since day one ($35 membership required) give up and find ourselves another cruise line.

I also didn't get an e-mail so I went to the X website and found this announcement in the Captain's Club section. I'm presuming, then, that these offers are open to all Captain's Club members, U.S. or not, and guessing that other offers are only for U.S. members. I know, it doesn't seem right, but I liken it to when there are special rates for residents of certain states, which aren't available to all passengers.

Quote:

It's a first for us. It's first-rate for you.

Save up to $600 with your Captain's Club exclusive Private Booking Offer.

For the first time ever, we're offering you—our most loyal guests—an exclusive opportunity to save on our new 2012 sailings from the minute they're made available. As a valued Captain's Club member, simply book before July 29, 2011 and you'll save up to $600* on your cruise. It's that easy.

There's an exciting year of travel ahead.

Another first for us—we're taking Celebrity's cosmopolitan style to new places. This is just the beginning of the announcements of our exciting destinations … including the upcoming announcement of an exotic destination never before visited by Celebrity. Bookmark this page and check back often to hear about all our new destinations.

With the Captain's Club program, you are the center of our attention. We hope you'll take advantage of our biggest savings event with this exclusive Private Booking Offer.

Bermuda | Book New Sailings for 2012

Save on our new sailings when you book before July 29, 2011*. Enjoy exhilarating 7-night cruise vacations from Cape Liberty, New Jersey, to Bermuda.

Canada & New England | Book New Sailings for 2012

Save on our new sailings when you book before July 29, 2011*. This destination includes new Saturday-departure itineraries and a new port of call in Canada.

*Offer available to Captain’s Club members. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking. Offer applies to Celebrity cruises and Cruisetours departing April 15, 2012 through April 30, 2013. Offer not applicable to Celebrity Xpedition. Cruise must be booked March 15, 2011 to July 29, 2011. Savings amount varies by stateroom category and length of cruise and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking. Click through on offers above for specific savings amounts. One offer per stateroom. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare qualify for applicable full savings amount. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and individual Captain’s Club member bookings within a group block, in USD, subject to availability, subject to change without notice, and not combinable with any other offer or discount, including but not limited to senior, resident, military, air, or category specials (inside special, veranda specials, etc.), GRPX or other restricted fares.

©2011 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and Ecuador.

Cruisestitch, I don't see any mention on there about the offer being for "US residents only". Did they change it? That is how it is worded in my email, but I am wondering too, if countries other than the US are being offered only some of the itineraries listed in the CC deal.

They have changed the web page that the link went to when I originally opened it this morning.

We are now on equal terms. :p

Someone was asleep I guess. A captains club member is the same anywhere now...except we get to pay in US$ (which is good these days for us friendlies to the north)

Hmmm. Canadians aren't THAT friendly....I've cruised with LeftCoastBC before...and he hasn't offered to take me on a free cruise since! See, now THAT would be friendly. And if you sent us all on a free cruise, you could just take over the place while we're gone.

(OK, I admit to having Canadian relatives...)

Andrew

Cruisestitch, I don't see any mention on there about the offer being for "US residents only". Did they change it? That is how it is worded in my email, but I am wondering too, if countries other than the US are being offered only some of the itineraries listed in the CC deal.

They have changed the web page that the link went to when I originally opened it this morning.

We are now on equal terms. :p

Someone was asleep I guess. A captains club member is the same anywhere now...except we get to pay in US$ (which is good these days for us friendlies to the north)

Hi YVR Cruiser and LeftcoastBC !

I've also noticed Celebrity removed the words "For US Residents Only" as it was stated earlier today. It seems to me, that if you are willing to pay in USD, and I cant see that as a Deal-Breaker, you should be eligible.

I'm not certain of any of this, but I suggest calling your Travel Agent, or Celebrity and ask. I hope it works out favorably for you. Good Luck !

Due to the late hour... I'm not expecting further updates tonight. Should there be any updates tomorrow, I will post it on the Captains Club Private Sale Thread.

Hmmm. Canadians aren't THAT friendly....I've cruised with LeftCoastBC before...and he hasn't offered to take me on a free cruise since! See, now THAT would be friendly. And if you sent us all on a free cruise, you could just take over the place while we're gone.

(OK, I admit to having Canadian relatives...)

Andrew

maybe once was enough big guy..... :cool:

Long time no see ...drop by the old thread it's still open...

Archived