I'm so sad...

wverg

Went to bed last night...no turndown service, no candy on my pillow, no towel critter. Had to make my own breakfast this morning. Now I'm back at work. Reality stinks. Must cruise again soon!

Just back from the Westerdam any questions I'll try to answer them.

Most CCers would agree these are perfectly normal symptoms of after-cruise meltdown which happens to me the minute I get back home. That's why DH & I always have another cruise booked, even if it's a year in advance. Memories of past cruises and anticipation toward the next cruise ease us back to reality.

Welcome back and begin planning your next cruise. So glad that you enjoyed this cruise.

We always try to have a cruise booked, regardless of how far into the future it is :) The one we did in February 2011 had been booked for something like 549 days.

Sorry you're going through post-cruise depression. Start looking at the cruiseline websites, and start dreaming of the next one!

Went to bed last night...no turndown service' date=' no candy on my pillow, no towel critter. Had to make my own breakfast this morning. Now I'm back at work. Reality stinks.

I am sorry you are sad :(...guess how it feels 6 months after the fact.;)

on the Westerdam. Were you on the Southern loop? Aruba and Curacao?

What did you find to do in Aruba?

What is the entertainment currently running on the ship and do you know if they had any Karaoke? I would appreciate your reviewing your schedule of events to see for me! thanks!

It's always hard to return life after a cruise. We are booked on the Westerdam for this coming Friday April 1 and I already have our next two cruises are planned.

Can you tell me who the Cruise Director is?

welcome home

so when do you think you will cruise again

We booked a Panama Canal on the Zuiderdam for March of 2012 while on board. But we probably will change it to 2013 due to finances. Last year DH took a pay cut and I got laid off in November. Finally got a new job beginning of March. Thank goodness our Westerdam cruise was paid already and I got a good boss to let me take a week off so soon!

Having just completed my very first cruise, I know the feeling. While it is true that all good things must come to an end, there is always a new beginning. Best wishes with hopes that your next cruise will come sooner.

I was on the same cruise, and feel the same! Even worse, it's so cold here back in Maryland, and we're expecting snow tonight!

This was our first HAL cruise, and it won't be our last!

Snow is forcast here too!!! Glad you enjoyed your cruise too!

on the Westerdam. Were you on the Southern loop? Aruba and Curacao?

What did you find to do in Aruba?

What is the entertainment currently running on the ship and do you know if they had any Karaoke? I would appreciate your reviewing your schedule of events to see for me! thanks!

We did the Southern loop. We did a great tour with Bully in Aruba. He has a large van that accomodated 5 of us. Not sure if I can give you his email address here but here is a link to a thread that has his info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=606744&highlight=bully

go to post #7

Yes they did Karaoke. I have all of the Daily Explorers. If you can wait till Monday, I am off of work and can scan them and send them to you if you wish or I can figure out how to post them here.

It's always hard to return life after a cruise. We are booked on the Westerdam for this coming Friday April 1 and I already have our next two cruises are planned.

Can you tell me who the Cruise Director is?

Cruise Director is Dan Bernbach

I know how you feel. We loved our cruise on the Westerdam. Our last cruise was the end of Feb. We won't be cruising for a few years. Our mini Schnauzer puppy was born last Sun. and

will be our priority for the next few years. I won't see her for at least 4 wks. and then get her in about 8 wks. if she is ready to leave her mama. We named her Kira. She was the runt of the litter and first to be born. We are so excited. I hope you don't mind me sharing my excitment with all of you.

Everyone with a cruise in your future, have a wonderful time. :)

Went to bed last night...no turndown service, no candy on my pillow, no towel critter. Had to make my own breakfast this morning. Now I'm back at work. Reality stinks. Must cruise again soon!

Just back from the Westerdam any questions I'll try to answer them.

you are suffering from cruise withdrawal my friend.

Book another cruise and SOON !

What hurts me the most during my withdrawal episodes is that not everyone is friendly on land. On that ship most everybody is my buddy. Not after debarkation !

I was on the same cruise, and feel the same! Even worse, it's so cold here back in Maryland, and we're expecting snow tonight!

This was our first HAL cruise, and it won't be our last!

I was on the 3/18 Westerdam as well -- glad to know I'm not the only one in the deepness of depression today. What a wonderful trip - and ship - it is/was. Our first HAL as well and we're anxious looking to book the next!

We need a post-cruise support group somewhere!! I actually had to wear socks, shoes, a watch, carry a wallet and check what time it was today. It's just awful, I tell you, awful.

Archived