Change of Crew before or after?

CruisinManiac

I will be on the first cruise for the Equinox Mediterranean itinerary, beginning on May 16th, AFTER the ship crosses the Atlantic. Knowing that many crew members leave or join a ship when there is a main location/itinerary change, I am curious to whether the Equinox crew will change over BEFORE the transatlantic crossing or after the crossing. I would think that the crew would change before the crossing, so that training can take place while at sea to ready the crew for the new itinerary. Does anyone have experience, or know?

From my limited knowledge the crew are changing all the time. Crossing the Altantic seems to make little difference.

My daughter for instance flys out to Miami this Friday to start her six month contract on Eclipse. Three weeks later she sails back to the UK and spends the next 5 months sailing back and forth from Southampton. She knows of other crew members leaving the ship as soon as it gets to Southampton who then have to fly back to the US.

From what I understand the lengths of crew contracts vary widely and the intinerary has no bearing.

Peter

You just confirmed what my friend told me about her son. He takes a ship over, but then has to fly back to the U.S. to start another tour after his break. That's why I was asking. It sounded like a new crew was taking over.

I guess we will have half new, and half experienced (for that ship) crew members for our cruise.;)

I will be on the first cruise for the Equinox Mediterranean itinerary, beginning on May 16th, AFTER the ship crosses the Atlantic. Knowing that many crew members leave or join a ship when there is a main location/itinerary change, I am curious to whether the Equinox crew will change over BEFORE the transatlantic crossing or after the crossing. I would think that the crew would change before the crossing, so that training can take place while at sea to ready the crew for the new itinerary. Does anyone have experience, or know?

What training are you asking about? That might be if the crewmember is

brand new and on a first contract. Equinox has now been in the fleet for

ahwile and crewmembers might be longtimers or might not....but the

crossing would not have much to do with it. It all depends on when

the person's contract started.

This is getting crazy. People asking about who is the CD, Captain, BT, and now if the crew is being changed.

Here is one that may also be "curious" about. We had a waiter for 2 days and he told us that he no longer be able to serve us because his Visa was up and he was waiting for it to be renewed. He said that he was basically confined to the worker's quarters and wasn't allowed to work until it was approved. This happened while we were at sea. Never seen him after that. Went to our table the next evening and he was not there. A new waiter took over and never missed a beat. It was as if we had him from the beginning.

You need to calm down and not try to look for stuff to worry about.

Archived