2012 schedule, you book now or wait for wow sale?

I'm waiting for my favorite online travel agent to have their own WOW sale. Basically I pair rack rate but I get free dinners, spa treatments, OBC, prepaid grats, lower deposit and other goodies.

that's a good deal---too bad you can't tell me who!

I'm waiting for my favorite online travel agent to have their own WOW sale. Basically I pair rack rate but I get free dinners, spa treatments, OBC, prepaid grats, lower deposit and other goodies.

that's a good deal---too bad you can't tell me who!

There is such a sale going on now. Just booked the Mariner for 2012 and got the specialty dining and spa treatments.

We already booked, Voyager out of Venice in May 2012. I had a next cruise certficate which gives us $150 OBC and we booked as a group so our TA is also giving us OBC. So no real advantage waiting for the WOW sale for us. :)

Bill

There is such a sale going on now. Just booked the Mariner for 2012 and got the specialty dining and spa treatments.

Are you allowed to give even part of the name of the site & we can try to figure it out from there since you can't give the direct site?

I've been reading the travel news in the biz section and some trade info. The general word is that prices are coming up, due to both increase fuel prices and demand. The expectation is that while some inventory may go at the last minute for a low price, on unpopular ships, routes or dates, the industry wants to get back to "the earlier you book the lower the price" model, and is starting to see enough demand to make that happen.

I would say they will be able to do that. Of course it's like the stock market- no one can know for sure. If the wars or fuel prices or economy get worse it could chill travel, thus demand goes down and prices will tumble again. But everything I'm reading is indicating booking early will be the way to get the best prices going forward.

I enjoy studying the economies of travel- because I like to travel AND I like to get a deal:D

Category and location is most important to us. Thank goodness we booked our 2012 cruise one year out. The category has already sold out. We figure with the turmoil in the Middle East, and oil prices being high, the fares will only go up. NCL announced a 10% price increase starting at the end of this month. They had already increased prices 5-7% last year, as did other cruise lines. If the 10% across the board increase sticks I think other cruise lines will follow suit. I think the others are waiting to see what happens with NCL's price hike. Kinda like what the airlines do. I think the perception is out there that a fuel surcharge is "nickle and dimeing" so they will raise fares to compensate for oil prices so they don't have to add the fuel surcharge back on and risk the ire of passengers.

Better to book now if you think the price is a steal currently. Proved last year that booking early was the way to go. Booked a 7-night baltic cruise with an inside room for $512pp. If i waited until my May cruise to book onbaord, or wait for a WOW sale, the prices went up almost double. Waiting for the OBC would have been a loss.

This year, I went with the same strategy. Even better this time, because I have a TA friend who booked a group block and the prices are better than the Celebrity Captain's CLub offer, plus a little OBC, and I don't need to make the deposit until December! I love it when things work out in my favor... :D

For some reason, I stopped getting WOW Sale notifications!

Very strange. Maybe it's because they know I'm already looking for Fall 2012 Cruises and can't find one to Hawaii or through the Panama Canal.

The Radiance seems to have a cruise to Hawaii....but the price is N/A. Anyone know what that is about?

I booked a transatlantic for Nov 2012 the day they come out. The same cruise in 2011 is $300 each dearer. Thanks to advice on CC I booked early. Listened to Patti and was good advice. Thanks

Come and join the roll call for the TA. Kimberley

Booked a Feb 5, '12 cruise on the Adventure Southern Carib. while on the Oasis for $809 pp and taxes, less $225 balcony discount and a $100 OBC.

Can't beat this price for a cat. D2 and the cabin that we wanted.:D:D This will be our 5th cruise on the AOS. We love this itinerary, unfortunately they substituted St. Kitts for St. Marteen.:(

Archived