Continued Rumor Galveston

ssb

Can't say I find any of those runs worth going on..... if it is Disney.

Those runs were from surveys released last Summer, so it's quite possible that they won't be the same. I really don't mind the 8 day run, though. Stopping in Port Canveral would give us a day to head to WDW, which my kids would love, and might have to be a real selling point for me, since we'd likely ditch a trip to WDW in favor of trying a Disney Cruise. It's also got Disney's private island on it, which I've heard is wonderful. It would be nice to have one "exotic" port in there that's not Disney-owned, however. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with (If it is Disney!). Really, I just want to see the fireworks off the side of the boat :D.--Katie

This Celebrity fan would love to see Celebrity return to Galveston. We completed a WB transatlantic on Galaxy (now gone from the fleet) in 2005. Shortly after that, Celebrity pulled out of Galveston. Being only 100 miles from "G", I'd be overjoyed to see my favorite cruise line return.

Would love to see some closed-loop Panama Canal transits, or some 14-day cruises that go into the REAL Caribbean.

Could it REALLY be true??? Could a Disney ship be coming to Galveston?? What do you guys think? --Katie

we have ZERO interest in cruising on DCL since our kids are grown and gone. I know for parents with kids still at home it would be great. I love having the Mariner down there but would like to see some different intineraries that the other lines are not doing, but the logistics really make it hard to change the stops to much. You could not make it to the southern caribbean from Galveston on a seven day cruise.

Unless it's in the summers kids will be in school the majority of the time.

Yeah-- DH and I have already had the "would we pull the kids out of school for a disney cruise" conversation. If they do come here, you know it's going to be super expensive during school breaks. Maybe we'll get lucky like we did for our upcoming Mariner Spring Break 2012 cruise-- someone at RCCL didn't know when Spring Break was and priced it really low. We jumped on it, as did many other people. Carnival, on the other hand, knew exactly when Houston spring break was, and has had the Magic priced high for a while now. Here's hoping Disney won't know when Spring break 2013 is ;). I sure am talking like this is gonna happen :rolleyes: we'll see! --Katie

"but the vendor actually came into my office yesterday and asked that we NOT say anything prior their official announcement coming up this Wednesday, Apr. 6th....... If you are on Facebook, watch my Facebook status updates on Wednesday, Apr. 6 or watch the status updates at our page on Apr. 6 and we will post the news when it becomes official!--Katie

Disney is announcing their upcoming itineraries on... April 6th.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Disney Magic sail out of NYC during the spring/summer, and Galveston fall/winter.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see other lines sail from Galveston. Their port authority, and other local bodies are heavily promoting the Galveston area.

we have ZERO interest in cruising on DCL since our kids are grown and gone. I know for parents with kids still at home it would be great. I love having the Mariner down there but would like to see some different intineraries that the other lines are not doing, but the logistics really make it hard to change the stops to much. You could not make it to the southern caribbean from Galveston on a seven day cruise.

There are many, many Disney nuts who could care less if they have kids with them, or about the ports, or any of that... Just give us a Disney ship, and the rest is just unimportant details. :D

......I might be wrong, but I doubt they'll bring back a year-round ship until they stop sending so many ships to Europe and start keeping more ships in the U.S. during the summer.

Don't worry, at the end of next year,

when the polar shift happens.

Europe will have the hurricanes,

and we will have the ships !!!!

:rolleyes:

We would love Disney to come to Galveston because that might mean cheaper prices for us on RCI and Carnival as there would be lots of families going over to Disney.

Maybe the political unrest in the Mediterranean has cruise lines rethinking the Gulf.

As for now, we are following our beloved Ecstasy and Voyager to New Orleans for our next two cruises. But after that, it's back to Galveston.

Being a Texan, I would really like to see the Galveston market expand in the summer. I have a child still in school and I am just not a fan of Carnival. But.....I will see about going on The Carnival Magic. That ship looks like it would keep us busy.

The plane fare getting to Port Canaveral and the hotel is biting us in the bu**! We are excited about FOS

She left because she did not make enough money. RCL had to price the cabins too low just to fill the ship or did not make enough onboard. If thats not California's fault who's fault is it??:confused:Fire away I deserve it!

Is it just me or does anyone else find odd she left Cali 1 month after allure came into service:confused:

Just imagine if the mariner was still in LA, royals current promotion would be book a inside room and get upgraded to a suite on oasis or allure:eek:

Taken off of another board:

icon14.gifMAGIC 2012 ITINERARY ABOUT TO GO OUT (yes I'm screaming,lol)

This was posted not too long ago on the Facebook page of one of the travel agencies that I use. I'm so happy I just had to share with you guys Woohoo!!! cool1.gifcool1.gifcool1.gif

Quote:

You Heard it Here First!!!! Beginning Sept. 22, 2012, the Disney Magic will sail 12 seven-night cruises from the Port of Galveston to the Western Caribbean. Ports of call include Grand Cayman and Mexico’s Costa Maya and Cozumel. Call our office by Apr. 15, 2011 and book one of these sailings and get a special Disney Collectible!!!

If any of my media friends need a copy of the press release, email me and I will get a copy to you!

She will also sail from New York for 8 nights to Florida and the Bahamas, 5 nights to Canada and have two 2 night cruise to No Where from New York City from May 25 to Sept. 12, 2012!

So, is it true??? Can we book yet?? I might just call. . . --Katie

Taken off of another board:

icon14.gifMAGIC 2012 ITINERARY ABOUT TO GO OUT (yes I'm screaming,lol)

This was posted not too long ago on the Facebook page of one of the travel agencies that I use. I'm so happy I just had to share with you guys Woohoo!!! cool1.gifcool1.gifcool1.gif

Quote:

You Heard it Here First!!!! Beginning Sept. 22, 2012, the Disney Magic will sail 12 seven-night cruises from the Port of Galveston to the Western Caribbean. Ports of call include Grand Cayman and Mexico’s Costa Maya and Cozumel. Call our office by Apr. 15, 2011 and book one of these sailings and get a special Disney Collectible!!!

If any of my media friends need a copy of the press release, email me and I will get a copy to you!

She will also sail from New York for 8 nights to Florida and the Bahamas, 5 nights to Canada and have two 2 night cruise to No Where from New York City from May 25 to Sept. 12, 2012!

So, is it true??? Can we book yet?? I might just call. . . --Katie

This should be fun. First the Carnival Magic coming in late fall 2011 now Disney Magic coming in 2012. anyone confused yet. LOL

Carnival is going to have 2 ships and Crown Princess is coming around Dec. 22, 2012 and will be there till April 27, 2013. Mariner of the Seas will come and Voyager of the Seas will leave. No other ship has been signed to come and no other ship is in talks to come. They all have schedules already.

This should be fun. First the Carnival Magic coming in late fall 2011 now Disney Magic coming in 2012. anyone confused yet. LOL

The Houston-area news editors seem to be confused. :D The news article in the above doesn't say anything about Mariner replacing Voyager even though it talks about all the other ships that are coming, and implies that the Crown Princess is sailing out of Galveston this December. :eek: And the article in the first post says Voyager is being replaced with one of the world's 10 largest liners... guess they don't realize Voyager & Mariner are the same size.

It seems like all the news companies that are talking about the ships that are coming to Galveston are confused... :rolleyes:

Archived