2/27/11 Infinity South America cruise review with lots of photos

MVPinBoynton

We have just posted a review to our website of our recently completed South America cruise on the Celebrity Infinity. It was an absolutely wonderful cruise to some most interesting ports. We also took a pre-cruise trip to incredibly beautiful Iguazu Falls. The review is located at www.thepreismans.com.

Hi there,

Thanks for a really lovely review, with a lot of detail and beautiful photos. We will be sailing from Rio to San Francisco Feb/March 2012 and visiting many of the places you have written about, and you review has been an inspiration.

Where are you planning to go next?

Sandy in Spain

Mike & Carol, thank you for posting your excellent review and fantastic photos of your SA cruise! Ruth and I are taking a similar cruise Jan. 2012 on Oceania's Insignia from Rio to Valpo, and we are also going to Iguazu Falls. So, your review will be very helpful to us.

We followed you to SE Asia on the Quest 2/5/11, and used your review extensively. We had booked excursions with both Tong and Ha based upon your recommendations. They were the best! Thanks for all of the advice.

Where are you going next? Will we be following you on another cruise, or will you follow us?

Mike, did you take your digital SLR and various lenses on your boat trip under the Falls? How large was the rubberized bag? Was it large enough to hold your camera, lenses, wallet, etc.?

Thanks for all the help. Ruth & I look forward to reading about your next adventure. -Larry

Hi there,

Thanks for a really lovely review, with a lot of detail and beautiful photos. We will be sailing from Rio to San Francisco Feb/March 2012 and visiting many of the places you have written about, and you review has been an inspiration.

Where are you planning to go next?

Sandy in Spain

Sandy,

Glad you enjoyed it. Our next vacation is a river cruise on the AMA Amalegro in August. We will be spending 5 days in Paris then getting on the boat in Trier. We will travel the Rhine, Mosel and Main rivers ending in Nuremberg; then to Prague for a couple days. It should be most enjoyable.

Mike & Carol, thank you for posting your excellent review and fantastic photos of your SA cruise! Ruth and I are taking a similar cruise Jan. 2012 on Oceania's Insignia from Rio to Valpo, and we are also going to Iguazu Falls. So, your review will be very helpful to us.

We followed you to SE Asia on the Quest 2/5/11, and used your review extensively. We had booked excursions with both Tong and Ha based upon your recommendations. They were the best! Thanks for all of the advice.

Where are you going next? Will we be following you on another cruise, or will you follow us?

Mike, did you take your digital SLR and various lenses on your boat trip under the Falls? How large was the rubberized bag? Was it large enough to hold your camera, lenses, wallet, etc.?

Thanks for all the help. Ruth & I look forward to reading about your next adventure. -Larry

Glad you enjoyed this review and the SE Asia. I am also glad you got to enjoy Tong's and Ha's excursions. I answered the next cruise question in the previous post.

I wish I had taken a photo of the big rubberized bags they used. They were much larger than I expected them to be. Probably around 2 ft. by 2 ft. I did put my Canon 7D with the 17-85 in the bag. I didn't bring any other lenses, since I didn't know how big it would be. There was enough room in the bag for my whole camera case, if I had brought it.

I wish I had taken a photo of the big rubberized bags they used. They were much larger than I expected them to be. Probably around 2 ft. by 2 ft. I did put my Canon 7D with the 17-85 in the bag. I didn't bring any other lenses, since I didn't know how big it would be. There was enough room in the bag for my whole camera case, if I had brought it.

Even with the bag provided I used a two-gallon ziploc to secure my DSLR before putting it in the rubberized bag.

I am sorry I didn't have a little point and shoot that I could quickly slip in and out of a ziploc--or even better, a waterproof housing for it.

Even with the bag provided I used a two-gallon ziploc to secure my DSLR before putting it in the rubberized bag.

I am sorry I didn't have a little point and shoot that I could quickly slip in and out of a ziploc--or even better, a waterproof housing for it.

I also had a 2 gallon ziploc. I would never trust anyone else's bag. I wished that I had a waterproof camera; but with all the mist/water the lens would have been covered with drops anyway.

I am so upset right now!!!! :mad: For the last three days I have been working on the captions for the pictures in the Snapfish album. There are 693 pictures in the album, and I was almost finished. I had completed Santiago and was about to do the last section - people. I have no idea what happened, but suddenly all of my captions for the entire album disappeared. :confused: I had been saving the captions as I went, so I know that was not the problem. Two calls to the helpline didn't help. Now I have to start all over, so I apologize to everyone for the delay. You can still view the pictures. They just won't have captions. :(

Carol and Mike - Once agin you have done a brillliant review of your cruise. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. Maybe one of these days I'll be fortunate enough to cruise around the horn. Thanks again for a lovely review.

Bev

I have finally finished redoing all of the captions I lost on the photo album for this cruise. This is the link to our Snapfish album. Click here. The album contains larger versions of many of the pictures used in the review as well as other pictures that are not included in the review. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just found your review. Thanks so much. As always, you've done an excellent job. We're palnning a similar trip for Feb so I'll be refering to your review quite often.

I am so glad you enjoyed it. Your cruise looks like quite a nice one. I hope that you are able to fit in a side trip to Iguazu Falls. It certainly was the highlight of our trip.

• 2 weeks later...
We have just posted a review to our website of our recently completed South America cruise on the Celebrity Infinity. It was an absolutely wonderful cruise to some most interesting ports. We also took a pre-cruise trip to incredibly beautiful Iguazu Falls. The review is located at www.thepreismans.com.

Thank you for the fabulous review and the magnificent photos!! We are considering a cruise to S. America and your review was extremly helpful!

Thanks again!

• 9 months later...

Archived