Baked Alaska

Tikibird

Last year on our 10 Day-Emerald Princess cruise...it was served on the LAST evening of the cruise (resort casual).

Come to think of it, last month on the Royal it was served on the last night of the cruise also.................you are correct, that totally slipped my mind that it had changed. Not sure if this is a fleet wide change or not.

We have always had it on the last night. If you have TD there is the baked alaska parade. If you have AD, no parade, but they still serve it.

I don't think it is available from either room service or the buffet unless you have a full suite.

Hi:

On the recent Coral panama cruise, it was served with the parade in the traditional dining room on the second formal night. it was served with the parade in the anytime dining room on the last night of the cruise.

Joe

I don't care if there is a parade or not, it's just one of those yummy things I can't get other than on a cruise. I'll ask ahead of time to see when they plan to serve it, hopefully it will be the last night which won't be formal.

Just wondering if they do Baked Alaska on formal nights or any other night?
On all of the 16 cruises we've been on it has been served on the final evening of the cruise.

It's pretty much a Princess Cruises tradition, as even my Mom told us about it over 15 years ago from her cruises with Princess.

The final night is no longer formal, but casual.

Hi:

On the recent Coral panama cruise, it was served with the parade in the traditional dining room on the second formal night. it was served with the parade in the anytime dining room on the last night of the cruise.

Joe

Yup, served on the last night of the cruise in my experience. And, we were pleasantly surprised while on the Crown last December that the did the parade in the Anytime Dining Room, which we had not seen in several cruises. I was happy because it was my parents' first cruise ever, and I knew they'd enjoy it: both the parade and the dessert. ;)

The Baked Alaska parade is something I look forward to on my Princess Cruises. Ok, it's silly but I don't care.

I wish Princess would bring back the sparklers. The LED candles just don't have the same effect.

The Baked Alaska parade is something I look forward to on my Princess Cruises. Ok, it's silly but I don't care.

I wish Princess would bring back the sparklers. The LED candles just don't have the same effect.

I agree, but after the Star fire, they became a little leary of any kind of open flame ... or spark. Darn fire changed everything. :cool:

Come to think of it, last month on the Royal it was served on the last night of the cruise also.................you are correct, that totally slipped my mind that it had changed. Not sure if this is a fleet wide change or not.

Toto,

Another time Baked Alaska was served to us (while on our Crown Cruise-2008) on Halloween night! We were all dressed up in costumes at our TDR table and they came out with it. I really thought that was strange to bring it out that night, but we still enjoyed eating it. LOL.

Maybe on some cruises...it is left up to the Main-Chef to decide when he wants to serve it? :confused:

Archived