Specialty Dining reservations

jane02

Hi,

We are going to be the Regatta leaving Anchorage on 29th June. I am able to book dinner reservations for my husband and I but unable to add guests even though I have their reservation number???

We have an OS and our friends travelling with us have a Silver Suite. Would this be the reason why?

Thanks

Kellie

I've never heard of a Silver Suite on any of the ships.

If you have an OS or Vista Suite you can book 90 days out whereas Penthouse Suites can book 60 days out. We are having the same problem with our friends, so I would call the Oceania office and check it out with them.

Ooops, made a mistake ....if you're in a PH you can book 75 days out. :confused:

Are your friends in a Vista Suite? There's no such thing as a Silver Suite.

Call the Oceania office with your friends booking number and cabin number. They will help to guide you in the correct direction. :cool::cool:

Hi,

We are going to be the Regatta leaving Anchorage on 29th June. I am able to book dinner reservations for my husband and I but unable to add guests even though I have their reservation number???

We have an OS and our friends travelling with us have a Silver Suite. Would this be the reason why?

Thanks

Kellie

It's not a problem. Have your butler take care of it when you board

Call the Oceania office with your friends booking number and cabin number. They will help to guide you in the correct direction. :cool::cool:

They may not want to from Australia ;)

They can wait until they board it will not be a problem

I've never heard of a Silver Suite on any of the ships.

If you have an OS or Vista Suite you can book 90 days out whereas Penthouse Suites can book 60 days out. We are having the same problem with our friends, so I would call the Oceania office and check it out with them.

Sorry - I meant Vista Suite. Think I was getting confused with Silverseas!!

The Oceania rep here in Australia didn't really have an answer.

Kellie

Sorry - I meant Vista Suite.

Kellie

Once you made your final payment you should be able to book both of you then

see my message above

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

I have a few questions, as this our first time traveling on Oceania -- any assistance is appreciated...

We have an outside stateroom which the notes from Oceania state "we are entitled to one specialty reservation." Are you allowed to make another before you board? Do they have to see if any reservations are available for you to receive another?

Thank you for your assistance..:)

You are allowed 1 reservation per specialty restaurant (meaning one in Polo and 1 in Toscana).

The reservations can be made on line a given number of days in advance of sailing. The number of days is based on your cabin class. I think it's 60 days for non-suites, but it might be 45. Best to verify the number of days in advance with either your TA or with O.

I have a few questions, as this our first time traveling on Oceania -- any assistance is appreciated...

We have an outside stateroom which the notes from Oceania state "we are entitled to one specialty reservation."

Thank you for your assistance..:)

You allowed one per specialty restaurant

No you cannot book another one for the same specialty restaurant before you board but you can check daily with the reservations deck in the Terrace if they have any openings for that night

It all depends on how flexible you are with times & sharing tables with others also how many want the same restaurant for the same time

Most people get more than one time at the specialty restaurants

It is 45 days for the B Cat & below

My family has 4 cabins on the June 29th cruise from Anchorage.

Can I make my 2 reservations for me and the rest of the family and then someone else make another 2, also for the whole family?

Eliot

Basically NO

Each cabin gets the specified number of reservations

If you have a suite I think you get as many as you want

B & below get 1 in each

others gets 2 in each

No matter how you book them Each cabin get their allotted reservations

You can always ask for more once onboard if space is available

We are going on a 20 day cruise so we get 4 reservations (2 per restaurant). When I booked 4 reservations for ourselves and our friends, their 4 reservations show completed as well as ours. So if you get 2 reservations and you book a table for yourselves and the other 3 cabins in each restaurant, then everyone's reservations are used up at that point.

To put it more simply; although you will be seated at a private table unless you opt to share, every seat that YOU reseve by making a Specialty Restaurant reservation, needs to correspond to a passenger who has a reservation pending.

070204.jpg

You allowed one per specialty restaurant

No you cannot book another one for the same specialty restaurant before you board but you can check daily with the reservations deck in the Terrace if they have any openings for that night

It all depends on how flexible you are with times & sharing tables with others also how many want the same restaurant for the same time

Most people get more than one time at the specialty restaurants

It is 45 days for the B Cat & below

First, I would like to thank everyone for the information provided. It was very helpful.

Also, LHT28 & Fetchpeople - I did not realize you can have initally "one reservation per specialty restaurant." The way I read it was only "one reservation" - period. I like your definition much better...:) Fetchpeople- I am glad you are with us on our cruise to guide me through this new experience...

Being that I am below a "B" level cabin and only get 1 reservation per restaurant -- I hope the gates are not locked like Titanic to get in... :eek: :D

Thanks again everybody for your assistance.

Being that I am below a "B" level cabin and only get 1 reservation per restaurant -- I hope the gates are not locked like Titanic to get in... :eek: :D

Thanks again everybody for your assistance.

I am sure you will not have a problem getting extra seating if you are flexible with seating times

Enjoy the cruise

lyn

I am sure you will not have a problem getting extra seating if you are flexible with seating times

Enjoy the cruise

lyn

LHT28 - Lyn - Thank you... We are flexible and tend to be late diners on the cruise ships. We rush all the time, so when on vacation we take our time and relax... Though I know food is generally subjective - we will be on the ship 14 days -- are there any "bad" menus in the MDR i.e. good nights to make reservations? For example -- we avoid the "Caribbean Night" menu on Princess in the MDR...

Thank you for your help...

LHT28 - Lyn - Thank you... We are flexible and tend to be late diners on the cruise ships. We rush all the time, so when on vacation we take our time and relax... Though I know food is generally subjective - we will be on the ship 14 days -- are there any "bad" menus in the MDR i.e. good nights to make reservations? For example -- we avoid the "Caribbean Night" menu on Princess in the MDR...

Thank you for your help...

Never saw any themed menus for the GDR

There is always the Jacques Pepin signature dishes if you cannot find something to eat on the menu ;)

Sample menu at

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/menus/rclass/gdr/01-GDR-Dinner-Menu.pdf

Lyn

• 3 weeks later...
How can I access the menus for these two new restaurants without cancelling my dinner reservations??

There are sample menues on the Oceania web site.

Go in under "explore ships", and then choose "dining".

When you open the page for either Jacques or Red Ginger, you may view wine lists and menues.

Yes, if you are entitled to one reservation, that is all you can make in advance. "Advance" is the critical word as has been mentioned. We were on a 14-day Scandinavian cruise, ship was full, and we ate in Polo or Toscana seven of the 14 nights. We never had a problem getting in any night that we wanted as long as we were a bit flexible.

There are sample menues on the Oceania web site.

Go in under "explore ships", and then choose "dining".

When you open the page for either Jacques or Red Ginger, you may view wine lists and menues.

Thank you both, Jim and Lyn! I had no problem whatsover getting the dates and times we wanted for all four specialty restaurants. I spent more time simply deciding whether I wanted my birthday dinner to be at Jacques or Red Ginger! :) I finally went with Jacques because Cincinnati's signature French restaurant closed a while back due to disputes between the financial backer and the wonderful chef. After a court battle over a non-compete, the chef opened a new restaurant, but it is much more casual.

LHT28 - Lyn - Thank you... We are flexible and tend to be late diners on the cruise ships. We rush all the time, so when on vacation we take our time and relax......

What times is it easier to get reservations? Do people tend to eat earlier or later?

Archived