Loyalty Program Celebrity/RCCL

You accrue credits with RCI's Crown & Anchor Society and Celebrity's Captain's Club separately, but once you reach the mid level tiers, you can receive reciprocity. If you are at least Platinum with RCI, you will be granted Select status with X (their equivalent level) even if you have never sailed before with X. If you are at least Diamond with RCI, you will be recognized as Elite with X (their highest level) and visa versa. If you are at the lower tiers (i.e. Gold with RCI or Classic with X) then you do not receive any reciprocity. RCCL is the parent corporation of RCI, X and a few other cruise lines and there is no RCCL loyalty program that cuts across all the brands. Azamara (another RCCL brand) also has a reciprocity deal with X (not sure if Azamara also has reciprocity with RCI).

You accrue credits with RCI's Crown & Anchor Society and Celebrity's Captain's Club separately, but once you reach the mid level tiers, you can receive reciprocity. If you are at least Platinum with RCI, you will be granted Select status with X (their equivalent level) even if you have never sailed before with X. If you are at least Diamond with RCI, you will be recognized as Elite with X (their highest level) and visa versa. If you are at the lower tiers (i.e. Gold with RCI or Classic with X) then you do not receive any reciprocity. RCCL is the parent corporation of RCI, X and a few other cruise lines and there is no RCCL loyalty program that cuts across all the brands. Azamara (another RCCL brand) also has a reciprocity deal with X (not sure if Azamara also has reciprocity with RCI).

Do you know if RCCL stock holder credit can be used on Celebrity sailing? Or is only good on RC

If you were wondering which cruise line of the 2 has the best loyalty program, it is Celebrity by far.

I would disagree with that for many reasons....the first being the balcony discount.

Do you know if RCCL stock holder credit can be used on Celebrity sailing? Or is only good on RC

Yes it can be used on Celebrity.

Stockholder's credit can be used on Celebrity but not in combination with anything else.

I did a comparison of the loyalty programs. If you would like, e-mail me at whitlock@alumni.utexas.com and I'll forward it to you.

In our case (we are Diamond on Royal), the Elite benefits are better. At least for what I want to use them for.

Tucker in Texas

Celebrity's complementary dry cleaning, laundry, ironing, specialty coffees, & 2 hour cocktail hour daily, wine tasting, 90 min internet, as well as cabin upgrades are the main things I find most endearing.

I think both Celebrity and RCI have great loyalty programs and for the most part are about as good as one another. With RCI if you are diamond and do not sail on one of the larger ships that has a Diamond Lounge, then the perks are not as good as Celebrity's Elite perks, but if sailing on one of the larger ships with a Diamond Lounge the perks are fairly even. I hope Celebrity soon will offer a level above Elite, akin to RCI's Diamond Plus.

Called X to check on prices on a cruise and asked the rep about the reciprocity and I was told that I had to sale X one time first then I would get the Elite level on the next cruise. I asked if that was only for balcony discounts or if it included all the perks. He said I have to have one cruise first to then get the perks.

Called X to check on prices on a cruise and asked the rep about the reciprocity and I was told that I had to sale X one time first then I would get the Elite level on the next cruise. I asked if that was only for balcony discounts or if it included all the perks. He said I have to have one cruise first to then get the perks.

Not true. Sorry that you got one of those uninformed agents, CaribeDiver.

Just shows that some of the Celebrity reps are as clueless as some of the RCI reps. I am D+ on RCI and wa considering a X cruise, called Captains Club to enroll, they gave me a captains club membership number and the Elite status. Never did cruise with them but am still a captains club member. There are no balcony discounts on X:(

Archived