Staying in Hollywood

Cozzette2

I found a hotel on Hotwire that is 4 star, says beach, food , pool etc. Before I bid on it I have a question about Hollywood. How far is it from the airport? Any idea of taxi fees?

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale but cruising out of Miami. We will have a day and a half pre-cruise.

We are planning on using SAS and they tell me they pick up in Hollywood. I guess I am most concerned that we don't have a huge taxi bill getting there.

Any one stay there pre-cruise?

Kris

They are all resorts and all have the same Hotwire amenities so it could be any of them. If you get the Diplomat country club resort, you could try calling the hotel to request a move to the beach location.

Ok, I did it, yay, what a leap of faith to book something unknown. I am the world's worst over planner:D I got the westin Diplomat Resort and Spa. I got it for $103 not including taxes. It looks amazing and it is less than we paid last year for the La Quinta.

I booked on Hotwire. Thanks for the help, Kris

Claudia, I am so relieved to have bid and gotten such a nice property. Thank you Royalcruise for helping me to know what the probable choices would come down to. I think I was actually sweating when I hit the "buy" button.

It sure looks beautiful:D

Kris

Ok, I did it, yay, what a leap of faith to book something unknown. I am the world's worst over planner:D I got the westin Diplomat Resort and Spa. I got it for $103 not including taxes. It looks amazing and it is less than we paid last year for the La Quinta.

I stayed there a couple of nights in February. Got it for $89 per night. However, there was a little surprise for me, since I rented a car. They charge $24 per night to park.

The location and hotel were great. I did think much of the on site restaurant however.

I saw the resorts restaurant menus and the prices look high:eek:. Personally, I would rather spend the money shopping on the cruise and eat pizza lol

We are taking a taxi from FLL. I have heard anywhere from $25-$35 but there are 6 of us so we will need two taxis or a van so not sure on prices. I am contacting Steve at Sas for the pick up from Hollywood to Miami and then back into Fll for one more night somewhere closer to the airport.

I am glad some of you got better deals. I thought what I paid was a hot deal. I always panick and book so early trying to get everything locked in. Maybe next time I will hang tough a while longer. Maybe it is the time of year we are traveling. Either way I am happy with what we are paying. Last year at the La Quinta we paid more than what we got the Westin for.

Thanks everyone for all your great and useful advice.:D

Kris

Claudia, I am so relieved to have bid and gotten such a nice property. Thank you Royalcruise for helping me to know what the probable choices would come down to. I think I was actually sweating when I hit the "buy" button.

It sure looks beautiful:D

Kris

That is a great price. Call the hotel to make sure they put you at the beach hotel. The other location is nice but the beach location is much nicer and sometimes when you book through these kinds of travel sites they put you wherever they want to put you when you check in.

I saw the resorts restaurant menus and the prices look high:eek:. Personally, I would rather spend the money shopping on the cruise and eat pizza lol

We are taking a taxi from FLL. I have heard anywhere from $25-$35 but there are 6 of us so we will need two taxis or a van so not sure on prices. I am contacting Steve at Sas for the pick up from Hollywood to Miami and then back into Fll for one more night somewhere closer to the airport.

I am glad some of you got better deals. I thought what I paid was a hot deal. I always panick and book so early trying to get everything locked in. Maybe next time I will hang tough a while longer. Maybe it is the time of year we are traveling. Either way I am happy with what we are paying. Last year at the La Quinta we paid more than what we got the Westin for.

Thanks everyone for all your great and useful advice.:D

Kris

we're staying there in feb for 2 nights pre-cruise and booked thru hotwire. we are so excited, and i think it's a great rate. i booked early like you just in case the rates went up. we did call tho and made sure it is the weston diplomat on the beach, and it is.

there is a shuttle that picks you up in front of the hotel for $1.00 per person (i think) and takes you to the boardwalk where there is alot of resturants and stores. i heard it runs until 10 pm, so i'm sure we will be going there to eat. lol i looked up hollywood beach fl things to do briefly and it lists alot of things that you might be interested in.

We have stayed in Hollywood twice, the first time at the Westin Beach and next time at the Golf Resort. We loved both of them. Booked each time through Hotwire and both times were very happy with the room rates. $24 per day to park at either of the hotels. Did not eat at either of them. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The spa at the Golf Resort offers free entrance to guests from both hotels (or did when we were there) and likewise guests from the Golf Resort can use the pools at the Beach Resort. Great choice, I'm sure you'll enjoy the break.

Sorry but do not see any pics?

Then I'll post some ...

Here is the entry door (that is the bathroom on the left) ...

D2-1.jpg

Here is the room from the balcony door ...

D2-2.jpg

Here is the balcony ...

D2-4.jpg

Here is the bathroom ...

D2-3.jpg

And here is the pool ...

D2-5.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, the pool looks amazing. I hope it is warm enough in Jan. to enjoy.

I called SAS about transportation from the Westin to the port of Miami and they said they don't do a pick up in Hollywood so that is something to consider before booking this property.

I will get there though if we have to walk the 20 miles:D

My Mother and her friend just stayed at the Diplomat Resort and Spa a couple weeks ago.. got them a great rate on hotwire... here are a few pics from their 20th floor balcony ocean view room..

Sorry but do not see any pics?

Strange lemme try that again they were there when I first posted....:confused:

216534_1897677877168_1098244008_32129774_8139567_n.jpg

207049_1897677997171_1098244008_32129775_448011_n.jpg

205151_1897678197176_1098244008_32129777_3859518_n.jpg

Holy Moly!!! That place looks fantastic, I am soooo excited to get to stay there.

Kris

You will love it. We stayed there one and a half days post cruise and fell in love with this place. Would like to do a land vacation there. The prices at the coffee shop inside the hotel, Rivals sports bar across the street (you get to it via a covered walkway) and at the pool bar really weren't that bad. We found them to be comparable to prices here in Canada.

We did not eat in their fancier restaurants inside the hotel though! ENJOY, I am envious!!

That is an amazing deal for peak season! Wow!

After seeing the pictures and hearing the great reviews and comments I am so excited. I have never booked anything on Hotwire. I have to know every detail of everything and when I hit the button to purchase I was literally shaking and my DH thought I was insane. I wish we had more than a day and a half to enjoy it. What a cool way to kick off our cruise and now that we have all the transportation figured out I feel so much better.

Kruznkel, did your mom have to do anything special in order to get the balcony room? We just booked through Hotwire for $85 before taxes and would like to have a balcony room. Thanks in advance. It looks like a great hotel!

I'm not Kruznkel, but I booked the Westin Diplomat through Hotwire as well. I emailed the hotel directly and asked to be upgraded to a deluxe room, and it was an extra $20 per night plus tax. They emailed me back the confirmation that they had made the upgrade. Very quick and easy. You can find their contact email information on the website.

Archived