Cabanas Sold Out?

HockeyMom44

No clue, but good luck!

I did notice a price increase recently. I booked our HMC cabana for February 2012 a couple of months ago - paid $199. Today I was browsing the Carnival site and it's now showing a $219 cost... just so you know, the price has gone up.

I tried a few weeks ago to reserve a cabana for my October 29th sailing and I too was shocked to learn they were already SOLD OUT! *Fingers Crossed* that some may open up after final payment passes.

I don't believe any are held, you just kinda have to hope that someone may have to cancel in order for one to open up.

I just went to Carnival's web site all ready to rent a cabana at Half Moon Cay.

It says the cabanas are SOLD OUT!:(

Does anyone know if they would hold some for sale on the ship? Thanks.

What would you do with a cabana on the ship? :confused:

What would you do with a cabana on the ship? :confused:

The cabana is on Half Moon Cay, although there are some ships (Crystal? Celebrity?) that do have Cabanas on their ships around the pool.

The cabana is on Half Moon Cay, although there are some ships (Crystal? Celebrity?) that do have Cabanas on their ships around the pool.

Since this is a Carnival ship, why does the OP want to buy a cabana on the ship? :confused:

Since this is a Carnival ship, why does the OP want to buy a cabana on the ship? :confused:

He is hoping that just like the "tours" they keep some of them from selling on-line so he can "buy" one once he gets on the ship...

They don't hold any to sell at a later time. All you can do is keep checking back as you get closer to your cruise. I have seen some open up right at the end, due to cancellations. Just note that they are swept up as soon as the open. You will not be able to hesitate if you see one appear.

Cabana prices in Sepember were $225. If the price is now $219, then they went down. I personally prefer the option of booking onboard the ship because there is more of a chance you will get it. That usually means you want to get to port early and be in line for shore tours desk to book it...it worked that way...

The new way of bookng online means everyone has to check their onlne reservation for shore excursions everyday until it opens up and then HOPE that your are one of the lucky 15 to snap one up.....

Sorry! I was confused too! they used to only rent them on the ship, but this year have started letting you book them (and pay for them!) ahead of time. which means we can sleep a little later and not have to be the first one on the ship!

When I booked mine a couple of months ago for our July cruise, we paid $199 for the cabana. Wait until I tell my hubby I saved us $20!! Woohoo!

He is hoping that just like the "tours" they keep some of them from selling on-line so he can "buy" one once he gets on the ship...

Yes, but what is the OP going to do with a cabana on the ship?

It seems to be luck of the draw. I was able to reserve ours less than 3 months out, but it appears that some people can't do the same much further out. I might have been able to do it b/c of a cancellation. Keep checking back.

I just went to Carnival's web site all ready to rent a cabana at Half Moon Cay.

It says the cabanas are SOLD OUT!:(

Does anyone know if they would hold some for sale on the ship? Thanks.

can you please clarify the renting of cabanas on hmc...I always thought you had to wait until you boarded the ship before you could rent one....did that procedure change....please explain it to us...we would hate to miss out on one..:rolleyes:

can you please clarify the renting of cabanas on hmc...I always thought you had to wait until you boarded the ship before you could rent one....did that procedure change....please explain it to us...we would hate to miss out on one..:rolleyes:

It used to be that you could only rent a cabana once you boarded the ship, but earlier this year, Carnival started renting them online. When you log into carnival.com to manage your cruise, click on plan activities, and then shore excursions. Pick Half Moon Cay, and it should show up.

We booked ours the same day I booked the cruise, which was almost 5 months out. And it still shows availability for our cruise on the Fantasy in July.

Good luck!

It used to be that you could only rent a cabana once you boarded the ship, but earlier this year, Carnival started renting them online. When you log into carnival.com to manage your cruise, click on plan activities, and then shore excursions. Pick Half Moon Cay, and it should show up.

We booked ours the same day I booked the cruise, which was almost 5 months out. And it still shows availability for our cruise on the Fantasy in July.

Good luck!

Our cruise is in Nov. so maybe that is too far away...we aren't having any luck on line right now...it;s not letting us book one....thanks so much for you help

HAL usually opens cabana bookings about 6 or 7 months out....and they're usually booked in about a month.

On our last cruise, a member of our roll call couldn't get a cabana, so he arranged a group of us to rent the Private Oasis. If you're on a roll call group, that could be a solution?

Our cruise is in Nov. so maybe that is too far away...we aren't having any luck on line right now...it;s not letting us book one....thanks so much for you help

We cruise in November, too, and I booked my HMC Cabana about two months ago. If they aren't showing up, they are probably sold out.

This may sound a little crazy but I would check back online or call. I have read and nearly made the same mistake myself.

Some people have booked the cabanas for all members in the party. Hence, family of 4 booked 4 cabanas:eek:.

The online is not properly worded as to how to book one. Unless it changed after I booked ours. Yes, I was able to also save $$ and got it for 199. YAY me for being thrifty.

HAL usually opens cabana bookings about 6 or 7 months out....and they're usually booked in about a month.

On our last cruise, a member of our roll call couldn't get a cabana, so he arranged a group of us to rent the Private Oasis. If you're on a roll call group, that could be a solution?

We sail HAL frequently. The last time that we rented a cabana at HMC (on HAL), they sold out in less than 12 hours. We've got a cruise booked on the Miracle in May, and we made sure we got one asap.

The Private Oasis is a great idea if it can be arranged and the person organizing it can collect the $$ beforehand.

Sounds like HAL/Carnival need to get the construction crew out to the island to build at leas a dozen more cabanas :)

Adding more cabanas is not the answer - all Carnival has to do is to raise the price to $299 like HAL, and the demand will go down in a heartbeat while increasing revenue without having to build a thing - easy money.

They built that pirate ship bar so everyone who wanted a cabana and didn't get one can spend a bundle on drinks instead :D.

Archived