Ventura C versus D deck

wharton450

if you venture out to the rail, you are equally overlooked from above by those on b deck. i have had a balcony cabin on b deck, and without being overly nosey have noticed this. will be on c deck azura, next year, so will experience the same situation. on the main point, these cabins are pretty much the same as one another.:)

I think the last poster is slightly wrong. On D deck the cabins are bigger, they were classed as mini suites some time ago but I think they call them delux balcony now.

The cabins on D deck have a sitting area after the bedroom and have the smaller balcony than C deck cabins.

Yes you can overlook them on D deck but C deck cabins are much larger and you can get under the canopy if you don't want to be seen.

.... but C deck cabins are much larger and you can get under the canopy if you don't want to be seen.

I think you meant to say C deck Balconies are much larger !!!!

We have been in a C deck cabin and would always choose that again...the cabins are plenty big enough and the balconies are huge with inner half under an overhang and outer half exposed ...perfect for all occasions i.e. if its raining sit under the overhang or if the sun is overhead the area under the overhang is shaded.....

the whole of the D deck balconies are overlooked by C deck..but the cabins are larger.. depends whats important to you really.....:)

apart from the balcony size are there any disadvantages of being on D deck instead of C deck ?

The cabins really are a lot bigger: possibly 270 sq ft or so, as compared with about 175 sq ft or thereabouts. They're the same width, but stretched lengthways. It looks as if everything in them is longer: bigger bathroom, maybe a bigger walk-in clothes area, and of course that additional seating area by the balcony doors. So the cabin is definitely a significant step up from a standard balcony cabin. The only drawback to them (it seems to me) is that the balcony is completely overlooked from above and of course completely exposed to the sun as well - no shelter at all.

Oh, I think there are two TVs as well! - one facing the sleeping area, and the other facing the seating area.

apart from the balcony size are there any disadvantages of being on D deck instead of C deck ?

Major disadvantage is that you pay quite a bit more, but you do get a nice sofa sitting area, and 2 TV's, plus a bath as well as a shower, and you get a view directly down to the sea. One other downside is that you are fully exposed on the balcony and it is a bit smaller than C deck.

As the old saying goes, "You pays your money and you takes your choice".

Hi, We've just returned from the Western Med cruise on Ventura and had a cabin on D deck which was ideal for us as we had our two children with us. The large sofa in the sitting area folded down in to a double bed (the cabin steward sorted this out for us each night) so they slept really comfortably. Yes, the balcony is overlooked, but that was never a problem for us (as long as we remembered to wear our bath robes - courtesy of P&O)

If there had just been the two of us, a smaller balcony cabin would have sufficed - you really don't spend much time in the room after all during the day. It was great to have a balcony though.

We were on the Ventura TA last month and had a D deck balcony cabin. It was much larger than the usual balcony cabins on Princess, say; exactly the same as their mini-suites. The bathroom was much bigger with a full bath which was much better than the small cubicles we are used to. Few more 'perks' as well such as bottle of champagne, large bottle of water and two small bottles of water, canapes on two occasions, binoculars, atlas and umbrella, two televisions. The extra sitting area was much appreciated and used. We did not pay extra for this cabin as it was a free upgrade when we booked a balcony cabin. True the balcony is overlooked by the decks above but that did not bother us in the slightest - people can see you when you are lying on the deck so don't see what the difference is and we never do anything on our balcony that we would not want anyone else to see;)

..... it is a bit smaller than C deck.

As the old saying goes, "You pays your money and you takes your choice".

The D deck balcony is half the depth of the C deck balcony....the depth of the C deck balcony is at least nine feet.!!! plenty of room to lie flat on the deck with head by window and feet facing outwards !! :cool:

Depends on what is important to you. If you like a bigger cabin with bigger bathroom and sofa area then D deck it is. If you are ok with a standard sized cabin but a bigger balcony that only has the furthest half overlooked then C deck it is. I would not pay the full brochure price to upgrade to a Superior Deluxe D deck cabin but we booked late last year and only paid £150 pp more so bit the bullet. We loved the cabin and didnt mind being overlooked on the balcony though some do.

We booked a cabin on D deck for our next Ventura cruise as it was cheaper than C Deck when we booked. We were on D deck last time, the big balcony was nice but a bit of a waste of space as we always sat at the front to be in the sun.

Thanks for al the advise, I have decided to go for D deck. I will only be using the Balcony in the morning to view where we are and in the evening for a little bit of reading. If people want to view me in my Speedo's then they are welcome. Cabin number available upon request :D

Archived