New gangway for enchantment of the seas baltimore

Photo of the Day: New gangway in Baltimore christened by Enchantment of the Seas

In:

12Apr2011

photo-of-the-day-gangway-baltimore.jpg

Photo by Baltimore Sun

So what!?It looks like you still have to walk outside to get to the boarding bridge. Did they run out of money to build it so that it is not attached to the terminal building? :confused:

You don't walk outside. When you exit the terminal you are under a canvas top that covers the entry to the gang way.

I dunno? That looks like real blue sky there above those folks getting ready to go in the glass tube to the boarding bridge. Looks like they are outside to me....

What is this? When we cruised out of New Jersey it looked nothing like this. I dont like what they have done. Cheap.

This is the Port of Baltimore not New Jersey. I'm not impressed with how that bridge was designed.

Looks like thats going to slow things down for sure getting off if carrying your own bags.

It appears there is an elevator at the end of the tube to get you to the higher walkway.

Jimbo:)

Looks like thats going to slow things down for sure getting off if carrying your own bags.

It appears there is an elevator at the end of the tube to get you to the higher walkway.

Jimbo:)

I was thinking the same thing. How do you get from the first part of the walkway to the second section that appears to be much higher than the first?

I'm pretty sure what you can't see in the pic is on the other side is also a ramp that turns and goes up from the other side. If you look closely at the pic, you can see an area midway between the two levels that appears to be a landing. Someone posted a pic of the ramp, not in use a couple of weeks ago, Radio maybe?

Yep, found the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1386798&highlight=baltimore

I'm pretty sure what you can't see in the pic is on the other side is also a ramp that turns and goes up from the other side. If you look closely at the pic, you can see an area midway between the two levels that appears to be a landing. Someone posted a pic of the ramp, not in use a couple of weeks ago, Radio maybe?

Yep, found the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1386798&highlight=baltimore

Thank you, now the ramp makes since!

FUNNY!!! "New Gangway" ? I walked up this gangway myself last month on 3-21 IN Baltimore getting on the same ship ! there is no elevator ...you do still exit the terminal building and walk under a covered canvas before walking into the "tube" then it winds back and forth and back and forth getting higher and steeper as ya go..it was nice but nothing to write home about in my opinion :)

It may not look great, but the old one was really lousy... so I'll count it as an improvement.

*Caveat: I sailed out of Baltimore on Carnival Pride, not Enchantment... but they share the same facility.

It may not look great, but the old one was really lousy... so I'll count it as an improvement.

*Caveat: I sailed out of Baltimore on Carnival Pride, not Enchantment... but they share the same facility.

We were on Grandeur two years ago and yes the old gangway was terrible. It was entirely enclosed, too warm in summer, a little claustrophobic and a very unstable feeling. This is definitely an improvement.

Archived