The Official LAFFNVEGAS "Live From The MS Westerdam Thread"

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Morning Everyone, Well, this is the "PreThread" like pre show before the Oscars. We are sitting at the "D" gates at McCarran airport in Las Vegas waiting to board our flight to FLL. We are having a little preflight meal of Burger King Breakfest and I am treating myself to a little White Chocolate Mocha Latte. Not quite the gourmet meals of Jim and Ruth when they have there road trip to their cruise.:) Let the vacation begin. So far so good, a customer of mine from the store is a ticket agent for United and had already prechecked us in so we did not wait in line plus she moved our seats to economy plus. Luckily next United fight is first class to Boston in July. We are actually on TED where there is no first class. McCarran airport has free WiFI with a very fast connect speed for those that might to come to Vegas. Not sure I will be able to check in tonight at our hotel because I forgot to check if Amerisuites has WiFi. Otherwise my next post will be from the Beautiful MS Westerdam. In about 24 hours we should be checking in:D

Signing off.... because I don't want to use up all my battery life I do have some movies to watch on the plane. Will report more later.

Laffnvegas - Looking forward to hearing from you regarding your cruise on the Westerdam. We just book b2b in November so let us know how it is, so far we are in a SS for both trips but hoping we can line up a suite before we go. Have fun!!!

Deb

Wish I were going! Oh well ... I'll just enjoy your posts. There's a Mexican restaurant (or at least it used to be) right across from the Amerisuites and by Embassy Suites. Give it a try. You can eat outside on a glider. The entire table swings right along with you.

Thanks for thinking of us and posting from the airport.

Travel safely and enjoy your pre-cruise night in FLL. Hope you have a great dinner and a fast, smooth embarkation tomorrow.

Enjoy yourselves.....Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Lisa-

Have a safe trip getting to the Westerdam!!

When on the Westerdam, think of us and have a bottle of champagne!!!:D

P.S. Free WiFi at McCarran is really nice!! Fancy airport offering those gourmet BK meals and WiFi too!!!!;)

Dakrewzer- That is the most precious picture...Lisa looks years younger!:eek:

Lisa,

Great to hear from you, so glad you are starting your vacation off right with the Latte hehehehe, remember to save room for the food on the ship hehehehe. We miss you already, take care and enjoy your cruise!:)

We have been enjoying your posts for some time.

Please give us your impressions of Amerisuits as we are considering it for pre-cruise before our 12/04/05 sailing on the Westerdam.Of course,we will also be interested in your reviews of the cruise.

Thanks and have a great cruise.

Thanks for your previous posts and pictures,(Originally from SD) love reading a traveling cruise report! We will be on the Maadam this November and hopefully the Osterdam next year, but am also looking at another HAL cruise from the east coast. Safe and happy cruising.

Lisa, I sure hope you're happy with this day we made down here just for you! Could you sail away on a prettier day? I don't think there is one to be found on the face of this earth.

I'll be thinking of you down there and sailing away later today. Have a magnificent time and keep in touch!

Hi Everyone, we are here:D we were on board by 11:20 check in was easy. It is almost 3 pm and still waiting for luggage to get to our suite so I quick decided to sign on to get the internet started. We are not at the normal pier instead we are at Pier 4, I promise to write a report tonight and also let you know what I thought of Amerisuites. We already opened the champagne and had a glass:p

talk to everyone later,

Signing off "LIVE FROM THE WESTERDAM":)

Linda, the "normal" spot was probably occupied by the Zuiderdam which is there every Saturday. I know when I was on the Volendam last fall, we were not at the regular spot because the Zuiderdam had that spot.

Himself

Archived