RCI Cruisers Try Celebrity: A pictoral review

Wow, I loved your review and pics. . . . :)

I must try a Solstice Class ship very soon !

Thanks for posting !

Radio

;);)

Radio - I'm surprised that you haven't. A Soltice class ship cruise is a must for everyone!!!:D

We too LOVE Celebrity, it's our favorite cruise line. :D As you can see we were on Solstice last Oct. & can't wait to do it again! Would love to go on Eclipse, just don't want to go out of Miami.

Love your review & all the pictures, keep them coming. :)

Love your review and the pictures. We were on the Crown Princess on April 4th. Weather was beautiful. Saw your ship in Grand Cayman. We too ended up with the glasses in Margaritaville. Looks like you had a great cruise. Thanks for posting.

Great review! Loved your pictures - brought back fond memories, we were on Eclipse this past February (Eastern itinerary) and loved it. We went without our girls who are 9 & 7 and thought good thing as they would have been bored on this ship. We would go again with Celebrity if sailing without our girls, but have booked a Western itinerary for next March on the Freedom of the Seas - this time taking the girls. Can't wait! :D

Entertainment, We didn't do a lot of the entertainment. We went to the welcome aboard show which was just ok. We also went to see the magician, Adam Trent. He was really good, the girls really like him. We also went to see him on the last sea day in the Celebrity Central Venue, which is a small setting and great for his type of magic. We hit a couple of the trivia games which were fun, and the music trivia as well. The best part of the entertainment for us tho was the glass show.

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

The show in the day was really too hot to stay out and watch, but they also had a couple night time shows which were much more comfortable. The shows were like 3 hours, but you could come and go as you please. The guys were really entertaining and funny. I'm sad they are taking this feature off the 2 new Solstice class ships. I get it, no money in it.:(

I wanted to say also that we didn't do any others shows just because we had late seating and we were always so tired after. Most of the shows were after dinner for late seating. I remember on our last couple RCCL cruises the late seating shows were before dinner like at 7pm. Were not huge production show people so we felt we really didn't miss anything. My DD loves magic so thats why we went to go see Adam Trent. I heard other passengers talking about some of the other show saying they were just ok.

Final thoughts and pics of the ship.

Like i said this was our first Celebrity cruise after 6 RCCL. We really enjoyed this cruise due to the food, and the relaxed atmosphere. Our hearts are still with RCCl but I will probably look at Celebrity first, then RCCL (unless i find a good deal on Oasis or Allure). The ship was immaculate and very impressive. The service was good but I dont think it was as friendly as RCCL, there were lots of time we walked by crew members and never received a hello. Again its been 4 years since our last RCCL cruise but I remember the crew always saying "hi" and smiling. Dont get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with the service but just not as friendly.

Well, I think thats it, if anyone has any questions, let me know.

I will leave with a few ship shots:

IMG_0950.JPG

The Lawn Club

IMG_0859.JPG

We called "The Tree of Life"

Thanks for a great review. It's always interesting to read a review from someone new to a cruise line and I think you did a great job of capturing some of the differences between RCCL and Celebrity. As someone who has taken six cruises on the former and 12 on the latter, I freely admit Celebrity is my favorite. I loved Solstice in the Med in 2009 and look forward to cruising on the Eclipse next January and perhaps Silhouette next year, too, since it's tough to resist a Solstice class ship so close to home. Your photographs are terrific and I enjoyed every one of them!

IMG_1036.JPG

DD's did not use the kids or teen area. They always have on RCCL but since it was just them, they just wanted to hang with Mom n Dad:o. It was really nice, didn't have to worry about them getting into any trouble. They seemed to have a great time, but I will tell you they did a lot of reading and sleeping, you know its spring break:D. We never did play any of the lawn games but they had bochee ball, croquet, and a couple others.

Well I think thats it, please if you have any questions please ask. I have learned a ton from these boards, so if I can be of any help to you, fire away.

Scan004.jpg

Scan003.jpg

(Of course we said we weren't going to buy any pics, but we couldn't resist:p)

Thanks again......

I am enjoying your review very much. I have not cruised Celebrity...will have to try it! Thanks for taking the time to post it.

You will definitely enjoy Celebrity. Seeing that RCCL is the parent company, its no wonder why we like Celebrity so much.

I'm interested in what your girls thought about Celebrity vs. RCCL. Was there enough interesting for their age bracket?

!

Like I said they didnt use the kids program, there were quite a few kids on this sailing(not anything like RCCL) but they all seemed to have a good time and behaved very well.

We are making diamond status on our next cruise, and plan on taking that status right on over to Celebrity, primarily because of the smoking/balcony policies. I feel we're relegated to inside rooms on RCCL because I won't waste money on an unusable balcony again.

I didnt really think about the non-smoking on the verandas, but at the end of the cruise when we thought back it was awesome not smelling smoke. We were on deck 8, right in the very middle of the hump. We were on the side of the ship where on deck 5 was a smoking area. We never smelled any smoke from there either.

IMG_0927.JPG

(Deck 8 is the third row of verandas up)

I do love the service on Celebrity. You forgot the glass of champagne as you board! Also, in cold weather ports you get hot chocolate when you return to the ship. MMMMMM! :D

No I didnt. :D

"Now for the ports, i think this was best itinary we have ever been on. The ports of call were Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan. First off I have to say that the cold water and ice towels that Celebrity provides when you get back on the ship from a port is awesome. This is definitely something Rccl doesn't do. Also I forgot when we first boarded the ship in Miami they greeted each and every customer with a glass of champagne, such class."

Wow, I loved your review and pics. . . . :)

I must try a Solstice Class ship very soon !

Thanks for posting !

Radio

;);)

My review and pics don't hold a candle to yours, but Thank you very much.:rolleyes:

Archived