RCI Cruisers Try Celebrity: A pictoral review

Great review, love all the pictures.How did the activities and variety of things to do on sea days compare with Royal Caribbean? Also did you go to any shows? Hope you get your yard work done so you can post more info.

Rccl certainly has way more outside activities, there was no sexy legs, hairy chest, belly flop etc. There was also way less announcements, very few bingo announcements. I have to say I thought that the Bingo would have been bigger on Celebrity (demographics) but our final snowball jackpot on the last sea day was only $550:eek:. On some of our RCCL cruises the jackpot was over 10k. So maybe it was hit before the last day, I dont know.....

My wife wanted to me to show you a few shots of the bathroom in our cabin and one of the public bathrooms.

She was so happy to see our bathroom beacause it was a lot bigger than the bathrooms we've had on RCCL. Plus the biggest thing was the shave bar in the shower, something she has always complained about on RCCL.

bathroom1.JPG

On RCCL you can sit on the pot and brush your teeth at the same time:D. Not on Celebrity

bathroom.JPG

The awesome shave bar. (Doesnt mean much to us guys, well maybe it does:eek:)

I told my wife that the Solstice class ship cabins were designed by 5 women, she said "Well Duh!!"

bathroom2.JPG

Check out the public bathroom, and the cloth towels to dry your hands with. No paper here......

You review was so great I told my DH to be sure to read it all! I am sure we need to try Celebrity. Wish they had one on the west coast..:(

DaNana

How about 10 or 8 Night Wine Cruise Cruise on Celebrity Millennium from Vancouver to San Diego? Love this cruise since this is on the west coast. I would suggest you look into this cruise. I myself would love more cruises on the west coast.

whitshel

Love your review and your comparisions between Celebrity and RCCL and those photos are great. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy

Great comments and photos! I'm still new to cruising with only 3 under my belt, but have started a list of ships/companies I'd like to sail on... I'll have to add Celebrity to that list. :) honestly, I never gave them much thought, but I looks like it cold be a great experience for my husband and me when we cruise without kids. After our Allure cruise, we both felt the ships with all the bells and whistles were better suited for us when the kids were with us, but something more laid back would be more relaxing for just the two of us.

Thanks for that great review and photos,,,our first love of cruising began on Celebrity...We jumped ship a few years ago to RCCL, we enjoy our cruises on Royal but looking at those photos brings back so many good memories of X..

Very tempted to try the Solstice or Equinox next cruise:):)...We did book a future last year on the Freedom,,guess I should call my TA and see if they would transfer that over to Celebrity....

Thanks for posting the review! I enjoyed reading it and viewing the pictures. It is nice to read a review from a RCCL lover of another cruise line. It sounds like Celebrity has some nice touches that other cruise lines should mimic.

You review was so great I told my DH to be sure to read it all! I am sure we need to try Celebrity. Wish they had one on the west coast..:(

Me too:(. The Solstice is moving to Australia and her last cruise on the books is Hawaii to Ensenada. Im guessing shes going to Alaska then back to Australia. Hopefully she can do a couple Hawaii or west coast runs before she heads away again.

Really great review! If I had any doubts before about Celebrity, I don't now. I'm now anxious to book!

For us it was 4 years since we cruised, so I almost didnt care who we booked. I'm really glad it was Celebrity.:) RCCL is getting more and more expensive, and with no ships on the west coast the airfare to FL can kill you.

Whitshel

I LOVED reading your comments. After 50 RCCL cruises, we are trying Celebrity (Solstice). I am looking forward to the differences!

Thanks for the great review, especially the info on Roatan, as we have never been there and are interested in water ( snorkeling) activities. .

What cabin category did you have? I am confused about Celebrity; we booked a 1A that is on the slant of the hump.

By the way – you have a lovely looking family,

M

Whitshel,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. DW and I have considered Celebrity, but after seeing your review, we are now sold! We've only said Royal, and are looking forward to trying out one of the Solstice class ships. When we were on the Liberty last December, we pulled up next to the Eclipse, and it caught my attention.

Thanks again, and happy sailing!

Whitshel

I LOVED reading your comments. After 50 RCCL cruises, we are trying Celebrity (Solstice). I am looking forward to the differences!

Thanks for the great review, especially the info on Roatan, as we have never been there and are interested in water ( snorkeling) activities. .

What cabin category did you have? I am confused about Celebrity; we booked a 1A that is on the slant of the hump.

By the way – you have a lovely looking family,

M

- Thank you!!

You will love the 1A on the slant. The verandas are much bigger than a standard veranda. Like I said when we booked we had the choice of a 1A slant veranda or the 1B on the hump. If I would have known that the slant verandas are bigger I would have booked that. Unfortunately since we booked so fast I didnt have time to research which would be better. Our room 8267 was still really nice. It was on the hump, port side I think (left side), and very close to the elevators which was very convenient. It was nice to be able to see forward and back tho, having the veranda on the hump.

IMG_0816.JPG

It was kinda funny because when we got to our room and I looked at the room number it dawned on me our room number was my birthday.:D 8-2-67

Whitshel,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. DW and I have considered Celebrity, but after seeing your review, we are now sold! We've only said Royal, and are looking forward to trying out one of the Solstice class ships. When we were on the Liberty last December, we pulled up next to the Eclipse, and it caught my attention.

Thanks again, and happy sailing!

You know, we really have had no reason to try another line, we really love RCCL. We've always been a lil scared to try anything else because "if it ain't broke don't fix it." This cruise kinda fell in our laps and we are glad it did. I think if it were any other line my wife would have been really hesitant.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review - great review and pictures! We just returned from our first Celebrity cruise on her sister ship Equinox. I was so hesitant to try another cruise line since we have only cruised on RCCL. We absolutely had the best cruise and LOVED Celebrity. We really appreciated the little extra touches. The ship was without a doubt the cleanest ship we have ever been on and the crew without a doubt the friendliest.

Thanks so much for posting this on the Royal Caribbean site. My DH and I sailed many times on Celebrity and were Elite, so we changed to Royal Caribbean as they seemed a bit more relaxed as far as the dress code is concerned.

We are now Diamond Plus on Royal, but have been thinking about going back to Celebrity. I know I will miss the Diamond Lounge/Concierge Lounge, but I know Celebrity has something for us.

My question is how did the majority dress in the dining room at dinner. I saw in your pictures that you had on a suit/sports jacket and your girls were "dressed up". Was that a formal night? My DH hates to dress up and he is willing to wear a suit/sports jacket if he has to, but doesn't want to do that every night.

Also, when we sailed on Celebrity, the dress code was for the entire night. DH did that, but wasn't happy, so I am hoping things have relaxed enough to be able to have him change into his shorts.

Your review was really good and made me want to sail on Celebrity again. Who knows, we might do it?

Archived