Next Steps (after final payment)

wcook

My first RCI cruise and I want to make sure I'm not forgetting something. So far I've:

1) Made initial reservation and paid deposit

2) Arranged flights and hotels for before/after cruise

3) Made final payment

4) Started to plan activities for ports (not booking RCI excursions)

5) Started to think about packing, cash, etc.

Cruise leaves June 18, 2011. What's the next "official" thing I need to do? Do I need to arrange luggage tags and paperwork, or does that get mailed to me? Anything else I need to do, other than show up at the ship?

My first RCI cruise and I want to make sure I'm not forgetting something. So far I've:

3) Made final payment

Cruise leaves June 18, 2011. What's the next "official" thing I need to do? Do I need to arrange luggage tags and paperwork, or does that get mailed to me? Anything else I need to do, other than show up at the ship?

You need to check in online, at least 3 days prior to sailing, print your edocs if you want them, and order your luggage tags, then relax and enjoy

3) Made final payment

You need to request luggage tags, they don't come automatically.

Other things you may need to do:

Purchase travel insurance.

Arrange transfers to/from the ship to hotel/airport.

On-line check-in.

This may be a silly question but how do you "request" luggage tags? I think I've printed them myself since they stopped sending ticket packages. Thanks,

Bob

That option should be available on Royal's website, after your electronic cruise docs are available. Once the cruise docs are available (usually about 45 days before the cruise), a "request luggage tags" button appears on at least a couple of pages, one of which is the page that lists the status of your on-line check-in.

When you check in on-line and are at the point of printing your Set Sail Pass, there is a box toward the bottom on that screen to check for luggage tags. Check the box, then go to "print" for the Set Sail Pass. To the OP, be sure and check in on-line and print the Set Sail pass. If you want luggage tags, do this at least a month before sail date. There is no need at all to print the e-docs unless you have transfers with RCI which are included. The only things you need to board are your signed Set Sail pass, your passport or other approved ID, and your credit card.

Thanks guys. Forgive the stupid questions but

- How will I know how and when to do on-line check in. Does RCI send me an email with a chick-here link, or is this something I need to go hunt down myself.

- Same basic question about "edocs." Does RCI tell me when and where they are, or is this something I'm supposed to go and find?

Thanks,

Go to RCI's website and open the "before you Board" tab. You will find the on-line checkin there. That can be done at any time after booking. However, you can't print your Set Sail pass until after final payment is made. If you booked direct with RCI, they will send you an e-mail telling you the e-documents are ready. Again, no need to print these unless you just want to use up about 30 pages of paper! Keep asking questions if need be.

as soon as you make your final payment, you are close enough to your cruise to complete your online checkin, request your luggage tags, etc.

You didn't mention what cruise you are on. If its the Oasis or Allure you should make your entertainment reservations now, online. for online checkin, you'll need your passport numbers and also the last four numbers of the credit cards you and your stateroom mate will be using. So try and have all that together when you start the online checkin process.

If I recall, RCI will send you an email reminding you to check in online, but then its too late for you to order your luggage tags. You do have to print out your sail pass and bring to the terminal. It will have a paper luggage tag on the last page in case you need to give it to the valet when you arrive in case you didn't receive your luggage tags in time. If you do have you luggage tags, just toss that last page, you won't need it.

Have a great time.

I like to printout my name, address, phone number, and cabin number, and put it inside each bag -- regardless of checked or not checked. That way if by chance the outside tag comes off, or I leave my carry-on somewhere, it just might make it back to me.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/boardingDocuments.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=4&snav=3

Go there and put in your reservation #, name, date of sail and ship and your whole online check in will appear. You will be prompted for passport #'s dates of issue, dates of expiration, emergency contact name and number, credit card #, authorization to accept passage contract, etc.

About 30 days prior to sailing the button for luggage tags will become active and you can click on it, put in your address for the tags, print your sign and sail pass and put it with your passport and all your paperwork and you are good to go.

I like to printout my name, address, phone number, and cabin number, and put it inside each bag -- regardless of checked or not checked. That way if by chance the outside tag comes off, or I leave my carry-on somewhere, it just might make it back to me.

Great advice. Working for an airline it is amazing how many bags have no ID on/in them.

Archived