Breaking News for Pacific Sun

thied

Certainly Pac Sun will go sooner or later. I am not concerned about what replaces her as far as ship age goes. I just hope that the replacement is not a ship specifically designed for use in colder climates ( like Europe) - which, if it is a Costa ship, it will be. The reason for this can be illustrated by photos of the "Sun Deck" on that Costa ship - it has glass screens right around the upper deck which we hate. Better to have an unfettered view from those upper decks - but of course, in colder climates they install these screens for cold wind protection.

Barry

Around March 2012 The Pacific Sun Will be replaced by a Costa cruise ship a 1996-1997 model. which could be the Costa Victoria may be.

What is your source....?

If you are going to post

please back it up with some facts.

Was that told to you or your parents?

If so when and where?

You would think this 'news' would have been advertised by now.

And if this was news it would be on all the Australian cruise forums, and on the Facebook pages for the Pacific Sun and P&O Australia wall.

This is just another rumour with no source.

I would not trust any news posted by thied.

Hi, I was on same cruise as Thied, and what he has mentioned..

.I heard also. ( so he wasn't telling porky's)

can't mention any senior officers names, because it was told in confidence.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Told in confidence but broadcast here.

And if this was news it would be on all the Australian cruise forums, and on the Facebook pages for the Pacific Sun and P&O Australia wall.

This is just another rumour with no source.

I would not trust any news posted by thied.

He was claiming they were building a new one to be sailing in a year or so's time just a little while back... nothing to back that up when called on it though.

That said, with this particular rumour, it is possible for it to occur even with bookings on the Sun until 2013; they can still substitute (and offer refunds) if this were to happen, particularly as this is still a year away.

Oh not this again????? :rolleyes:

Last year Pacific Sun was going to be sold and replaced by February this year, according to a "reliable source" on a ship.

Different year same rumour if you ask me. I will wait until I hear this from something official thanks. :p

Told in confidence but broadcast here.

Hi Kaseyoz,

Thied may have been the one to tell on here, then questions have been asked as to where he heard it . I said he was not telling porky's...

but I am not prepared to tell who told me.

Hi Kaseyoz,

Thied may have been the one to tell on here, then questions have been asked as to where he heard it . I said he was not telling porky's...

but I am not prepared to tell who told me.

and nor am I

What does it matter anyway?? It is obvious that Pac Sun has less life left in her than the others of the P&O fleet so sooner or later she will be either done away with or replaced. We will find out in good time - everything else here is just scuttlebut and "furphies".

Barry

Hi Bobhsv

Can u email me please regarding transport again to the ship for a cruise in October. leggy70@gmail.com

Thanks Liz

Hi Liz,

Bob is not doing the ship transfers anymore, but I will get him to email you anyway. That was a fill-in job, for a friend, just after he decided to retire, and couldn't handle retirement:D...lol. Anyway, expect mail.

Jen

apparently some people do, and is it hurting you?:rolleyes:

Thead the point of if you lied or not is irrelevant. Your information was not from a reliable source but you post it as if it is. I am sorry but I have been told many things by crew on a ship and most never ever happen. Remember they are at sea in a very closed community and that is actually the best place for stories to develop. Not that I am saying they make stuff up on purpose, it is just plain social patterning and is bound to happen whenever you put a group of people in a closed community type of living.

Can we please move away from these meaningless threads?

I am enjoying this post:D

I have been away for a while and really surprised someone as actually "seen thied" on a cruise!

"I" want to know who told you? why such a secret? if it is confidential enough information as to not reveal the source,why tell you two in the first place LMAO:D

Den

Maybe the replacement for Pacific Sun will be the old QM, currently moored at Long Beach, she could be rebirthed as 'Pacific Sun 2' as Regal Princess turned into Pacific Dawn. OR why not a Carnival Spirit twin - Costa Atlantica for P&O Fleet?

I love rumours.

Seriously people. No joke, I heard in the buffet breakfast line on the Pacific Pearl this morning that the Pacific Sun had already been taken out of service and scuttled :eek: :D That was from a 'reliable' source. It had to be. It was a buffet queue :p

True story (about the buffet queue and the Pacific Sun), of course, the rest is wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ya know!

Les

Maybe the replacement for Pacific Sun will be the old QM,

That's not a rumour - that is a fact!! I know. I heard it from a very reliable source, believe me .

Barry

But you have been sworn to secrecy, never to divulge your super secret source for fear of causing of civil unrest amongst the undeserving masses ....:D

Archived