Room service from the specialty restaurants

FATJACK

Thank you... How about the Tamarind? I'm taking the October Trans Atlantic on the N.A. and we have a corner suite. I plan on some major relaxing without having to dress up. I'm not sure how my wife is going to like it. We also will be spending two weeks in Italy before the cruise and plan on picking up plenty of wine along the way.

We love Tamarind but I would not order Room Service dinner from there. Pinnacle, yes.

I think you lose too much of the experience by not dining there with the food fresh off the stove and served immediately. The atmosphere, setting, service, lighting, music have all been so carefully chosen to make a dining experience and not 'just dinner'.

IMO

More questions about Pinnacle - we're in an SC, so we "qualify". Can someone tell me when the ordering window is, and what the available service hours are?

We're at 74 days, and the excitement is growing by leaps and bounds! Now I have to get ready for work so we can pay for it.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

I wish I had known that you could order PG food from room service! When I was on Zuiderdam a couple of week ago, we waited until day 4 of the cruise to try to make PG reservations. By then, all the times that we wanted to eat were already booked. We had lunch there but wanted to give dinner a try.

I think a little clarification here is needed.

It is Not an automatic nor advertised amenity that suite guests can, at will, order Room Service from Pinnacle. It is more a situation that it has been accomodated sometimes in the past but it has also been denied. It probably depends upon how busy they are, how staffed they are and perhaps even the whim of the Pinnacle Manager/Hotel Manager/Culinary Operations Manager or maybe even Pinnacle Chef?

Please don't all suite guests rush to the ship 'expecting' you can get Pinnacle Room Service dinner, all the time, upon request because I think there will be some disappointments.

It is not advertised nor to be expected ..... in my experience.

Thank you for the further clarification. Since the concierge did not mention room service as an option when we expressed our dismay at waiting too long to book PG, it may not be available on Zuiderdam. We'll probably sail with HAL again. We'll know to not wait too long to make our reservation.

We were disappointed with PG on Maasdam so weren't going to try it on Zuiderdam. Then hubby had the filet mignon as part of the butler package on HMC. He raved about that steak and wanted another one.

Check out joanie's report of their experience of having the pinnacle dinner on their verandah:

Below are photos of Yvonne, the In Dining Room Supervisor, and Agun, our In Dining Room Steward, setting up our Verandah table to provide us with a Course by Course Dining experience that is to die for!! The meal is ordered a few hours ahead of time and is for Deluxe Verandah Suite and Penthouse Verandah Suites only (at this time) It is a free Service and the Steward stays with you throughout the entire service, literally waiting on you hand and foot. A normal 2-3 hour Pinnacle Grill dinner took less than 45 minutes from start to finish. One of the most memorable experiences we have ever enjoyed!! And of course we tipped him very handsomely for his wonderful service:)

[

sm-6177_Joanie-Course-by-Course-Dining-1.jpg--sm-6177_Joanie-Course-by-Course-Dining-2.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!!!

I repeat, do NOT count on that happening every time, every ship, every cruise. It will sometimes and it will not sometimes. ;)

Try to picture if even 30% of the suites called and asked for Pinnacle Room Service on any given night. There is no way they could accomodate that in addition to regular service in the restaurant.

(Just wondering if perhaps, just maybe, that could have been the cruise when Joanie had the accident with her finger?? )

I saw the term "no charge for this" mentioned. I thought the Pinnacle extra charge was even for "Suite" passengers. I don't recall eating in the Pinnacle (besides Breakfast) being a "perk" on our November cruise. Why would Room Service from the Pinnacle be no charge?

By-the-way ... we LOVED breakfast in the Pinnacle. My DH would book a Suite just to get this one perk.

You are correct.

Suite guests pay the same as everyone else when they dine in Pinnacle. If they happen to be Three/Four star mariners, they (like everyone else) get a discount.

I think this thread is giving some 'not always accurate' info and there are going to be some disappointed suite guests if they take this thread as being entirely correct. It isn't and I've tried to point that out.

OUTSTANDING!!!!

I repeat, do NOT count on that happening every time, every ship, every cruise. It will sometimes and it will not sometimes. ;)

Try to picture if even 30% of the suites called and asked for Pinnacle Room Service on any given night. There is no way they could accomodate that in addition to regular service in the restaurant.

(Just wondering if perhaps, just maybe, that could have been the cruise when Joanie had the accident with her finger?? )

I did not realise that Room Service was available from the Pinnacle.

sail7seas,

I believe that this Balcony dining experience occurred on Joanie's cruise last month.

I saw the term "no charge for this" mentioned. I thought the Pinnacle extra charge was even for "Suite" passengers. I don't recall eating in the Pinnacle (besides Breakfast) being a "perk" on our November cruise. Why would Room Service from the Pinnacle be no charge?

By-the-way ... we LOVED breakfast in the Pinnacle. My DH would book a Suite just to get this one perk.

You still have to pay for the food

You are correct.

Suite guests pay the same as everyone else when they dine in Pinnacle. If they happen to be Three/Four star mariners, they (like everyone else) get a discount.

I think this thread is giving some 'not always accurate' info and there are going to be some disappointed suite guests if they take this thread as being entirely correct. It isn't and I've tried to point that out.

Judy, thanks for the clarification. I think we are all best to treat this a treat that we shouuld ask for and if the possiblity exists, be grateful:D

i wonder (just speculating), if the odds are better on the smaller ships where there are fewer suites.

In any case, course by course dining from the MDR menu is very nice too IMO. :D

Kazu,

We need to keep in mind that the smaller ships also have small Pinnacles, smaller staffs and they don't even have their own Pinnacle Galley. On the "S" ships, they share the galley with Main Dining Room.

Archived