Just seen preview of Saturday Night Fever on Liberty

The show Saturday Night Fever is now in previews on Liberty of the Seas. I got to see the full production twice. Currently at 82 minutes, the time flies by.

It is an absolutely amazing show and having already seen Hairspray on Oasis and Chicago on Allure, SNF is by far the best. The singers and dancers are fantastic. The sets are incredible and of course the music and story is known to us all.

On this 4 night cruise, it was mostly Spanish guests and I was concerned that they might not understand the show but both nights there was a standing ovation.

On the transatlantic crossing, I saw two rehearsals and they gave us a great insight into what is involved in putting on such a production. Whilst seeing these rehearsals was terrific, the finished product with all the costumes and live music was fantastic.

Lisa Bauer from Miami office was on the cruise and we all appreciated her support of this project.

As a Diamond Plus member, I am very loyal to RCL because they have always delivered a fantastic cruising experience. This show just enhances the experience even more. I have seen Hairspray and Chicago twice and that is probably enough but I could go and see SNF many more times.

Word of warning - when you go, sit in the centre preferably on the main floor. A large mirror is used for the dancing numbers and you will miss the effect if you are on the sides. First show, I was in the front row - perhaps too close! Last night, I was second row of balcony which was excellent but I think my preference would be about ten rows back in the centre of the main floor.

Andrew

We will be on Explorer in a little less than a year. Will the Explorer have shows like SNF, Chicago and Hairspray or is that only on the Freedom Class and Oasis class?

I would love to see SNF,

Loralie

Are shows for Liberty now pre-booked as they are w/Oasis class? Or come at anytime? I went online for my Liberty sailing June 18th and it is unavailable. When I sailed Allure all was set and done by now???

Super thanks in advance, :)

Patty

Are shows for Liberty now pre-booked as they are w/Oasis class? Or come at anytime? I went online for my Liberty sailing June 18th and it is unavailable. When I sailed Allure all was set and done by now???

Patty

On Oasis and Allure, I booked Hairspray and Chicago on line in advance. For these two preview shows, there was no advance booking as they only knew a few days before that they were going to be ready. The first show was at 9.00pm and was recommended for first sitting guests. Next day, the show was at 7.30pm and was for second sitting guests - remember that dinner times are later on Med cruises. There were still some empty seats at each show but we were in Mallorca overnight so that may have affected things.

I am not sure how they will end up handling it later on. Just make sure you see the show!

Andrew

Patty

We did a B2B on the Liberty Of The Seas March/April of this year. No option of pre-booking shows. It’s my understanding the pre-booking for shows is only required on the Oasis and Allure.

Thanks for your review. Much appreciated, especially about the suggested seating location.

Reservations for SNF are available on Liberty, not only for this show, but for the Ice show, the Headliner Show and another main theatre show 'In the Air'.

Look as though on our 5 night sailing SNF is showing the first night at 7:15 and on the 2nd night at 9, both which unfortunately clash with commitments already planned. May just wait until we're on our 14 night TA in Oct when we're on Liberty again.

Thanks for your review. Much appreciated, especially about the suggested seating location.

Reservations for SNF are available on Liberty, not only for this show, but for the Ice show, the Headliner Show and another main theatre show 'In the Air'.

Look as though on our 5 night sailing SNF is showing the first night at 7:15 and on the 2nd night at 9, both which unfortunately clash with commitments already planned. May just wait until we're on our 14 night TA in Oct when we're on Liberty again.

Interesting, all the production shows, ice skating shows and Qwest was open seating and no reservations required or even mentioned on our March/April 2011 B2B Caribbean Cruise. Maybe reservations are something new for the TA Cruise. I can’t speak for SNF as it wasn’t scheduled for our sailings.

Did you see the entertainment schedule for your sailing online, or did you call? Thanks.

Interesting, all the production shows, ice skating shows and Qwest was open seating and no reservations required or even mentioned on our March/April 2011 B2B Caribbean Cruise. Maybe reservations are something new for the TA Cruise. I can’t speak for SNF as it wasn’t scheduled for our sailings.
It would appear that for all summer Med sailings, reservations are available not just for the Oct TA.

Did you see the entertainment schedule for your sailing online, or did you call? Thanks.
The schedules are available online as part of the pre-cruise planner.

Thank you. I've been looking everyday but must be doing something wrong, because I get a note in red font that says entertainment options are not available for booking at this time. Have had no trouble using the pre cruise planner for dining, etc. reservations. Will just call today. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you. I've been looking everyday but must be doing something wrong, because I get a note in red font that says entertainment options are not available for booking at this time. Have had no trouble using the pre cruise planner for dining, etc. reservations. Will just call today. Thanks for the heads up.

You may be to far out, I cannot book either and I sail June 18th...

Just keep watching, :p

Patty

I have only just noticed it on my account, i go in two weeks :D

Archived