activities on equinox

zeenichka

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has participated in any recent onboard activities. I heard there was a cooking competition on board. Anyone participate or attend that activity and if you could share with me your experience.

Thanks!!!!

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has participated in any recent onboard activities. I heard there was a cooking competition on board. Anyone participate or attend that activity and if you could share with me your experience.

Thanks!!!!

What date are you looking at booking? You can find more info on your Roll Call for your cruise. Check out http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=525

I went on my last two Equinox cruises; it is a lot of fun. They have two of their head chefs have a cook-off versus one another. Each chef has one passenger as their assistant and three passengers serve as judges (my wife was a judge one time). They select food from a stash of ingredients and have a set amount of time to cook three dishes. Then the judges sample and critique the dishes. Here are some photos:

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg?t=1303794102

Gonzo, Thank you!!!!! This is exactly the information that I was looking for. Our trip starts on the 27 of June out of Civitevecchia(sp?)One of our young travellers (she's 22, has worked her way up in a small bakery and heading to culinary school in the fall) would like to participate in the competition and the only information I found was in the brochure/website.

Thanks again. :)

I was in the audience for the Cook-off on the Mercury (January) and the Equinox (March). Both times were a lot of fun and perhaps more entertaining than you might think. I cannot remember how they selected the judges, however.

Gonzo, Thank you!!!!! This is exactly the information that I was looking for. Our trip starts on the 27 of June out of Civitevecchia(sp?)One of our young travellers (she's 22, has worked her way up in a small bakery and heading to culinary school in the fall) would like to participate in the competition and the only information I found was in the brochure/website.

You should talk to the Cruise Director for your cruise early on and express how interested the person is in taking part in the activity. That may go a long way towards her being selected to participate.

The Chef's Competition is really fun:) I was a judge before and the food

was really good too:D;). It was one of my most favorite events!

I agree with Gonzo (Hi Gonzo:)) and suggest you speak with the CD

about becoming a participant:)

Hope you have a great cruise!

I will do what you suggest. Thanks Gonzo and Lois. I'm actually forwarding this to our young adult traveller. We think it would be a blast if she was chosen. Even if she isn't chosen to compete perhaps she can be a judge or something.

Thanks again!:)

Archived