Is it just me or?

Does everyone else suffer from the loud music in the theaters? When we attend the shows on cruises the band always seems to be louder than the performers. I have to put ear plugs in my ears just to be able to understand the singers and performers. Is it just me?

mprcruiser

Does everyone else suffer from the loud music in the theaters? When we attend the shows on cruises the band always seems to be louder than the performers. I have to put ear plugs in my ears just to be able to understand the singers and performers. Is it just me?

mprcruiser

It doesn't bother me.

mprcruiser

I, too, carry ear plugs for the theater performances. I think maybe wearing ear phones and cranking up the sound has injured many ears. It's the only thing I can think of for everything being so loud. I also take ear plugs to movie theaters. So, no, you are not alone.

Pamela

Tucson

No offense, but I think it's just you. Out of the 20+ cruises we've been on, we've never felt that the music was too loud. You need to remember that they have to fill a large theater with clear sound and that isn't the easiest thing to do. My advice is to sit in the back where it isn't as loud.

Mr Chew & I both think the music is too loud in almost all of the shows, and it frequently overpowers the singers.

The only shows we've seen where that didn't matter were the Aqua Theater shows on Oasis & Allure ... no singers!

I haven't noticed it so much in the theatres but it has been an issue several times in Studio B during the ice shows. There were times when it was painful to be in there. I am not hearing impaired had have no desire to become so.

I would say that I found it very pleasant on Oasis during all of the shows with no volume issues at all.

No offense, but I think it's just you. Out of the 20+ cruises we've been on, we've never felt that the music was too loud. You need to remember that they have to fill a large theater with clear sound and that isn't the easiest thing to do. My advice is to sit in the back where it isn't as loud.

Well now, from reading some of the other posts I would say that this does not seem to be the case.

I like it loud. The louder the better. That is why I also like IMAX theaters for the awesome 20,000 watts of digital sound.

In Royal Caribbean and Celebrity theaters I sit near the front so I can really hear it loud. I love the big ten-piece theater orchestras because they are loud.

Of course, the fact that I used to be a bass player in a heavy metal band may have something to do with my loving that full, powerful loud sound.

From reading the reviews, I think it's personal preference. I'm 56 and the volumn of the music in the shows and around the ship has been fine for me. But my fiance' who is 46 is sensitive to the music volumn. She doesn't like my surround sound at home if I have it up loud for special effect movies.

Dave

BTW, on the ship I tell her to just get another drink and she's fine. LOL

If it's too loud, you're too old.... just say'n. ;)

I may be too old but I have the right to try to enjoy life. I sincerely hope when you are my age(73), you are still able to hear the music otherwise you will miss out on a lot of life

mprcruiser

mprcruiser

Hey mprcruiser -- good to see you over here. :D How are things going with the Equinox roll-call? I miss you guys!

As to extreme volume in the theaters, ice rinks, lounges, etc. -- I have not personally experienced any problems. However, by the end of our recent Liberty of the Seas cruise, I would have happily throttled the entire Cruise Director Staff with their own microphone cords!!! :eek:;) Every one of them seemed to have the same modus operandi -- crank the volume up full blast, and proceed to yell into the microphone. Indoors, outside -- it didn't matter -- you could always hear them at the other end of the ship! :mad:

The final straw was the last formal night in the MDR -- the kids' pirate parade through the dining room. Now, this is normally a melt-your-heart cute event, even you don't have kids. But not on this cruise. The kiddie cruise director cranked the volume up to maximum and proceeded to screech (sing??) through the whole thing -- and it went on for at least 10 minutes. None of us at the table could hear our dinner companions -- because we all had our fingers in our ears! :eek:

Archived