caesar salad

dallas52

ceaser salad dressing is usually made with raw or coddled egg.

If there are allergies please discuss with your waiter since other things could be made with eggs too

Mmmmmm.. Carnival's Cesar salad, yummy! I like the anchovies flavor that is in the dressing, makes it taste more like authentic, real Cesar dressing like another poster mentioned. Wish they served anchiovie filets on top of the salad, personally.

The Caesar's salad they made at your table in the Steakhouse was REALLY good, sad to see they stopped that...

DD just had it in the Spirit steakhouse in March. Made tableside and everything. We had her try an anchovie. Now she can say that she really does not like them.:)

Thats funny. It took me like 3 nites to realize that 'strange' flavor in my ceaser salad was anchovies!! I don't like them and about died. lol But the Chocolate melting cake made up for it! :-)

ceaser salad dressing is usually made with raw or coddled egg.

If there are allergies please discuss with your waiter since other things could be made with eggs too

Traditionally a Caesar salad is made with raw eggs. But due to health code concerns, a restaurant usually makes them with pasteurized egg product. A much safer option. I would be surprised if their dressing is made with raw egg. Ask if you have any concerns. And yes, anchovies are always in Caesar salad dressing! I save time & use paste when I make it. I bit milder & easier!

I used to LOVE their ceasar salads but not anymore. They must have changed the recipe because the anchovie taste, to me, is now overwhelming. I guess I'll need to suffer with the shrimp cocktail:D

No, but it has a very fishy taste that I do not care for.

i agree. i hated the fishy taste/smell. that was the first time i had caesar salad with anchovies. was gross

when did they stop that? our NYE cruise 12/26/10 on conquest had it.

I don't know when it stopped, but we were on the Conquest a few weeks ago and the Caesar salad was not prepared table-side. It was a good salad and came to the table already in the bowl or plate (don't remember which).

DD just had it in the Spirit steakhouse in March. Made tableside and everything. We had her try an anchovie. Now she can say that she really does not like them.:)

That's fantastic! ha ha ha Our daughter makes it her mission on cruises to try new things, and she had the opportunity to try caviar a few years ago... with the same result. To her credit, she did not pull a 'Tom Hanks in Big', she actually kept it all in her mouth and swallowed it, but her face was priceless!! :p

I think caesar salad has become so commonplace and is so often made with bottled dressing that a lot of people have never tasted it made traditionally. I'm very much looking forward to tasting Carnival's now, knowing that you can actually taste the anchovies in the dressing. I don't want them on top, mind you... but definitely in the mix. :)

A Caesar without anchovies is just lettuce with Ranch.....:(

that's all you put in it? you don't add cheese, croutons or garlic?

and it's not ranch dressing, it's ceasar dressing

Mmmmmm.. Carnival's Cesar salad, yummy! I like the anchovies flavor that is in the dressing, makes it taste more like authentic, real Cesar dressing like another poster mentioned. Wish they served anchiovie filets on top of the salad, personally.

On the Spirit I asked for anchiovies and they brought them IN the salad every night. Great waiters - took good care of us on the Hawaii cruise.:D

Archived