Best Balcony cabin on Oasis or Allure

Can anyone give me advice on which balcony cabin on Allure or Oasis would be best? We don't want anything overlooking Central Park or Boardwalk. We want an actual ocean view. Maybe deck 10, 11 or 12? Front, Back, mid-ship? Any advice?

Thanks

don't know about the deck plan, you can look that up at the rccl website or someone else might let you know, i would go mid-ship hump..... bigger balcony, even though the website doesn't clarify that.

Can anyone give me advice on which balcony cabin on Allure or Oasis would be best? We don't want anything overlooking Central Park or Boardwalk. We want an actual ocean view. Maybe deck 10, 11 or 12? Front, Back, mid-ship? Any advice?

Thanks

We were on the Oasis in February and booked D1 cabins on Deck 6 midships ocean view on the bumpout so bigger balcony. Our TA was trying to get us higher up but I quite liked the idea of being on the Boardwalk deck, and it turned out I was right. Oasis is a big ship so it was great to be able to walk almost everywhere except up to the pool deck. Dinner was a couple of decks down, the Royal Promenade one deck down, Central Park up a couple of decks - very handy. Loved it. Be sure to book all the shows in advance as they book out fast.

On the Oasis, we were on Deck 7 - in the hump (so we had a bigger balcony) - oceanview. No noise at all.... I really liked it because I could just run down the one set of stairs down to get to awesome coffee, OR take the elevator if I wanted. Would definitely do that again....

If I had it to do over again I would book a hump balcony on Deck 8.

Other people really seem to enjoy having the option of using Central Park as a way to get from one part of the ship to another. They also enjoy the quality and convenience of Park Cafe, where they can quickly jump out of their room, grab a hot breakfast and then enjoy it on their balcony.

I haven't read any complaints about noise or activity from people who have booked these cabins - just the opposite, as Central Park is one of the more peaceful areas of the ship.

And I would choose starboard side, as that side faces the island at most ports.

Not an expert by any means, can just offer our experience. We were on deck 10, connecting OV cabins 10150 & 10152. We were a few doors down from the forward elevators/stairs. We actually found it to be a great location for us, a quick run up a few flights for AO for the younger kids or the pool/solarium. Or a few quick flights down to Central Park to cross over the ship. We found ourselves taking the stairs a lot more than we thought from that location and we truly enjoyed it. Also, to note the port side has phenomenal views of Atlantis and the views in St. Thomas and St. Maarten were actually very pretty as well.

Also, to note the port side has phenomenal views of Atlantis and the views in St. Thomas and St. Maarten were actually very pretty as well.

This is good info! We are booked port side for our November cruise. I don't care about the Bahamas view as much (we've seen it several times) and actually prefer to look at Atlantis - but the (lack of) St. Thomas/St. Maarten view has made me consider switching. What can you actually see from the port side - is it all ocean, or something else, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Overall, it all comes down to your preference and price. Would you prefer a balcony near the bow, mid-ship or aft? What about the floor?

During our cruise on the Oasis (July 2010), we stayed in a 10th Floor balcony, starboard side. It was between midship and the aft of the ship. Our experience was super quiet along with a big sense of privacy.

Have fun on your cruise!

Edited by The-Dude

This is good info! We are booked port side for our November cruise. I don't care about the Bahamas view as much (we've seen it several times) and actually prefer to look at Atlantis - but the (lack of) St. Thomas/St. Maarten view has made me consider switching. What can you actually see from the port side - is it all ocean, or something else, if you don't mind me asking?

We actually had views of both islands as we were pulling in and departing, we did not just see the ocean. Both pics below are from our port side balcony :)

View of Atlantis

2010_1126Fall20100241

Here is the view from our balcony in St. Thomas.

2010_1126Fall20100308

I was afraid I was missing something by not being on the starboard side, but we didnt miss anything!

[url= 2010_1126Fall20100308][/url]

If I had it to do over again I would book a hump balcony on Deck 8.

Other people really seem to enjoy having the option of using Central Park as a way to get from one part of the ship to another. They also enjoy the quality and convenience of Park Cafe, where they can quickly jump out of their room, grab a hot breakfast and then enjoy it on their balcony.

I haven't read any complaints about noise or activity from people who have booked these cabins - just the opposite, as Central Park is one of the more peaceful areas of the ship.

And I would choose starboard side, as that side faces the island at most ports.

I just took a peek at deck 8. When you go out of your cabin door, into the hallway, what is out there? Is it a solid wall all the way through? It does seem like it would be quiet without 'neighbors' across the hall. Do you have to go to the elevator/stair areas on the deck in order to get into Central Park?

We were in 10598 on the Oasis last year and felt it was a great central location. We're in the same area again on the Allure for Thanksgiving.

I found it to be quiet and just a quick trip up or down to most anything plus very close to the elevators.

View from the balcony was great.

I had cabin 12676 on the Oasis. It was close to the WJ and we used the deck at the back of the ship a lot. Watched the Aqua Theater divers practice and watched one of the shows.

I have cabin 8582 and 8584 booked on the Allure. They're behind Vintages so I'm sure it'll be quiet. Plus it's a short walk to the Park Cafe.

Judy

We booked deck 8 on Oasis. We loved it due to being convenient to Central Park, Boardwalk, Dining Room, Promenade, etc. We also used Central Park as our walkthrough to the other end of the ship. We liked the location so much we have booked it for our Allure cruise.

When you walk out of your oceanview balcony stateroom on deck eight do you have a wall in front of you or is it open to Central Park. Does not appear to have cabins across from you.

Thanks

That was my question too! On the deck plan it looks enclosed and you need to go down to the stair/elevator area to access Central Park.

.........anybody????:confused:

I'm surprised no one who has actually experienced deck 8 has responded.

I haven't been there yet myself, but my understanding is that the entrances to Central Park are only from the two main elevator areas. The wall that passengers see when leaving their ocean view staterooms on Deck 8 is the back wall of the shops and restaurants that line Central Park.

I don't remember anything being across from us on Oasis but a wall. We just walked around the corner and went through sliding doors to enter Central Park.

Dazzles was just around the corner from us, but we never heard anything from there.

We just returned from a B2B on the Oasis. For the first week we were in a Boardwalk balcony on deck 11 (very quiet when balcony door closed). For the second week we were in a hump D1 on deck 8 (also very quiet).

To answer your question: YES, when you exit your room you are facing a blank wall, in other words, no interior cabin doors. This made for a quieter hallway.

(Note 1: check out the pictures on the hall wall......each level has a different theme. Deck 8, port side pictures were all nature scenes of deserts, trees in various stages of seasons, etc.)

(Note 2: If you are ever confused as to direction of bow and aft, simply look a a round door sign.....they all have a small arrow pointing to the bow.)

Negative: Having sailed in balconies on the Allure in December and the Oasis these past two weeks we have come to the conclusion that we probably will not book balconies on the Oasis class again. Whenever one of us went out onto the balcony the air conditioning shut off, even when the door was closed behind us. I generally sit on the balcony while my wife dresses in the evening. To keep the air conditioning running she would have to LOCK the balcony door behind me. This didn't work well for us.

We love the Allure and the Oasis...there is so much to do and so many places to eat. During our two weeks on the Oasis, we NEVER once stepped foot inside the Windjammer. Breakfast at Johnny Rockets (complementary) was fantastic. Pancakes, eggs, etc. were cooked fresh to order AFTER placing the order. Be sure to ask for REAL eggs if ordering scrambled eggs or you will the the WJ style powdered eggs.

We just returned from a B2B on the Oasis. For the first week we were in a Boardwalk balcony on deck 11 (very quiet when balcony door closed). For the second week we were in a hump D1 on deck 8 (also very quiet).

To answer your question: YES, when you exit your room you are facing a blank wall, in other words, no interior cabin doors. This made for a quieter hallway.

(Note 1: check out the pictures on the hall wall......each level has a different theme. Deck 8, port side pictures were all nature scenes of deserts, trees in various stages of seasons, etc.)

(Note 2: If you are ever confused as to direction of bow and aft, simply look a a round door sign.....they all have a small arrow pointing to the bow.)

Negative: Having sailed in balconies on the Allure in December and the Oasis these past two weeks we have come to the conclusion that we probably will not book balconies on the Oasis class again. Whenever one of us went out onto the balcony the air conditioning shut off, even when the door was closed behind us. I generally sit on the balcony while my wife dresses in the evening. To keep the air conditioning running she would have to LOCK the balcony door behind me. This didn't work well for us.

We love the Allure and the Oasis...there is so much to do and so many places to eat. During our two weeks on the Oasis, we NEVER once stepped foot inside the Windjammer. Breakfast at Johnny Rockets (complementary) was fantastic. Pancakes, eggs, etc. were cooked fresh to order AFTER placing the order. Be sure to ask for REAL eggs if ordering scrambled eggs or you will the the WJ style powdered eggs.

We just booked the Allure D1 8600 (middle of D1's on deck 8). How was this location? I am wondering if we should save a little bit and get something closer to the elevators or stay put? Need your opinion. 1st time on Allure. Thanks.

Edited by Minybear